- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
Enjoy =)
Chapter One-Hundred-Two



Nick looked down at Ashley who lay curled up on the seat behind him asleep and he frowned.


"Do I have to? She hasn't been asleep for very long…"


"We're about there Nick, so yes you have to. Maybe if you two weren't busy making out in that back seat of yours all day, she would have gotten to sleep more."


"We weren't making out all day, you old grump," Nick protested, as he rolled his eyes.


"Really? Because that's what it looked like to me and Kori and Wiley I'm sure would agree with me if I asked. I'm not being grumpy; I'm just stating the truth. It's not my fault you don't like it." Nick rolled his eyes once again, than he looked back down at his sleeping beauty beside him. Lying down on the seat next to her, he placed his hand to her cheek and gently rubbed it. At Nick's touch, Ashley's eyes fluttered open and she looked at him curiously.


"Hey baby…we're almost there. You should probably start waking up now before Kevin has kittens."


"Kevy is gonna gets kittens?!" Elenore asked, her eyes suddenly widening in excitement and Nick, Brian, Kevin, and even Josh started laughing. Ashley smiled a little bit but she is much too sleepy to laugh.


"Oh yes a whole dozen of them," Brian teased, and Dakota's mouth dropped, as she now had an ecstatic look on her face and Brian and Kevin laughed even harder.


"It's just a figure of speech honey…sorry to disappoint you," Kevin explained when he managed to calm down. "Nick was being a smart ass." Elenore scowled.


"Nicky stops bein' a smart ass," she scolded and again the entire van erupted with laughter — Dakota's ecstatic look turned to shock as she looked at her best friend now. "What? What's everybody laughin' abouts?" She asked, not even realizing her mistake.


"That's not a very nice word Ellie," Kevin replied, while trying his very hardest to calm down, as his eyes are so full of tears from laughing so hard.


"But you saids it."


"And he was very naughty for saying it too," Brian replied. "He's very lucky his mother didn't hear him say that."


"He's very lucky Riley hadn't heard him saying that otherwise she would make him stand in a corner with his nose against the wall — just like she almost made Brian and I do for throwing food."

"Hehe…" Elenore giggled. Nick looked down at Ashley then, who was still lying there on the seat with her eyes only half open. He smiled down at her, causing her to smile up at him and he leaned down and brushed his lips lightly over hers, before placing delicate kisses on her eyelashes. Ashley slid her arms around his neck.


"Lay down with me and take a nap, Nicky…this seat is so comfortable." Nick chuckled.


"I can't baby, we are there." Nick replied, as he felt Kevin turning the car into the driveway. Ashley sat up then and she looked around at the place that she will be staying at for an entire week, and then later on in December for Christmas. The house is a little bigger than average, but not too big that it screams out 'HOME OF CELEBRITY PARENTS!' or anything. Surrounding the yard, which was a pretty nice size, was an iron wrought fence that had been painted a light blue so it didn't seem or feel so intimidating. The Littrell's wanted their home to look warm and inviting, as that's just how they were. It's a big two-story house, with four windows in the front of it. The house was a front porch with grey stairs leading up to it, and stone railings on each side of it. It was also mostly hidden by various trees and plants, which were there partly for privacy, and partly because it looked nice. The bottom floor on the outside was pink brick, while the top half was a pinkish white siding. The second story also had a balcony with lattice rails and fencing to keep people from falling over. At the very top of the house, other than a chimney or two, was two windows, which was the attic, that was used as the third floor, seeing as they'd enough room to walk around and the grandkids and great nephews and great nieces who came loved to sleep up there and explore. Overall, it was a very nice set up and a very cozy house.


"Oh wow, Brian, those flowers are really pretty," Ashley announced, as her eyes suddenly fixed on the beautiful flowers all a long the porch. There are blue ones, and yellow ones, and red ones, and pink ones…pretty much any color flowers you could think of. Brian grinned with a proud look on his face.


"Be sure to tell my mom that and you will have her won over just by that compliment itself. Those flowers mean a lot to her." When the van came to a stop with the other van beside it and Marcus' car behind them, Brian opened up the door and looked back at Josh. He waited as he unbuckled his seatbelt and started to climb out of the van, than when he did he took his hand into his and gently squeezed it.


"Everything will be okay buddy I promise. They are very nice people," he reassured, sensing some of his fear.


"Yes very nice! An' if you looks innocent enough Harry will sneak you a cookie or two before dinner!" Dakota told him quietly in his ear, as she had climbed out of the van and was standing at his side. "An' Jackie makes the best cookies in the world, so believes me you will be begging." Brian who over heard what was supposed to be a secret chuckled softly, and than he turned back at the house just as he heard the front door open.


"Baby duck!!!" came a woman's voice. Everybody turned then to see a woman come running out of the house. She has short blonde hair, and she's wearing glasses — it's obvious that she is Brian's mother because he looks so much like her — and he called him Baby Duck. Everybody knows that's her nickname for Brian. Ashley looked at Brian then and just as she did it became very clear that he loves his mom very much because his whole face just lit up at the sight of her. He laughed at her excitement.


"Hi mom," he replied, while holding his arms out to her and allowing her to fly into them for a hug.


"I am so glad you are here. I have missed you so much."


"I missed you too. Where is dad?"


"I made him run to the store real quick — I am all out of flour and I can't make the kids cookies if I don't have flour. I didn't think you'd get here so soon we thought he would make it back on time."


"Yeah well, you know Kevin. He had us up at the crack of dawn." Dakota smiled at Josh with an 'I told you so' sort of look at the mention of cookies. "But anyway, speaking of kids." Brian added. "How would you like to finally meet Josh?"


"I have been waiting all day, Brian which one is he?" Jackie asked, looking around at all of the kids and she realized that there are two other boys besides Josh standing around. Brian looked over at Josh and smiled warmly.


"Come here buddy, it's okay." He told him gently, and he looked at his mom again. "He's a little nervous." Josh slowly moved forward and Brian met him half way. He lifted him up into his arms and brought him over to his mom.


"This is Joshua. Josh, this is my mom — your Grandmother Jackie."


"Aww…Brian he is just the cutest thing!" Jackie replied, causing Brian to beam with pride. "Hi Josh, welcome to the family. There's nothing to be worried about sweetie, I know you and I are going to get a long just fine."


"He'll calm down once he gets to know you," Brian reassured. "Infact he and Ellie will be running all over this place and causing trouble before we know it."


"Not too much trouble though Aunt Jackie, I promise." Kevin replied, as he came up next to Brian with Elenore rested on his right hip. Brian rolled his eyes some.


"Yeah, right, Kev. We would all think these two were sick if they didn't cause trouble — it's what they do."


"Well then all I can say is, like Father Like son — and like Caregiver like child." She added, looking at Elenore and smiling warmly. She's heard all about her from both Brian and Ann. "You must be the infamous Ellie that I have heard so much great things about." Elenore smiled at her shyly and slid her arms around Kevin's neck as she rested her head against his shoulder


"Uh-huhs."


"Well it's nice to finally meet you as well. You, Josh, and I will have to all work together and drive Kevin bonkers — it's always a fun thing to do." She told her, winking over at Josh.


"Jee thanks," Kevin replied.


"So where are all of the other kids? I want to meet them all. And how about Ashley? I have heard so much about her too." Brian and Kevin introduced her to the rest of the kids — including Ashley, and Jackie said hello to Dakota of course who was the only one who greeted her with enthusiastic hugs, and after the kids were introduced, he went on to introduce Riley, Kori, and Wiley. When the introductions were over, she looked at Josh.


"Well Josh, how about some candy? I didn't get the cookies made on time, so will candy do for now? Candy for all of you." Brian made a tiny noise of objection and she looked at him with a raised eyebrow.


"But it's nearly dinner time mom — and they already had ice cream."


"Hush you, let the children have some candy." She scolded, and she offered her arms out to Josh. Josh looked at her skeptically for a couple of moments, and then finally deciding he can trust her he moved forward and allowed her to take him from his father. She offered Elenore and Dakota her hands then and she led the parade of excited children into the house. Brian put a playful pout on his face as he looked at Kevin and he laughed.


"Looks like you got told, Cuz."


"Shut up," Brian muttered, and he took Riley's hand and led everybody else into the house. Nick and Ashley were some how left incharge of all of the puppies. They walked into the house with some on leashes, and some in their arms.


"I hope you don't mind all of the puppies in your house — we'll take turns having the responsibility of taking them outside every thirty minutes if you want us to." Nick announced, when he walked in there and he finally received a hug and a kiss on the cheek from Jackie.


"Nonsense. We were both warned ahead of time by Brian that there might be a lot of dogs coming with you. We're used to having Tyke in the house, so it's no big deal. We even have a dog door installed in the back door for him. You can just train the puppies to go out that door if you want. There's a gate in the backyard, so they won't be able to run off or anything." She explained.


"When is butthead supposed to show up and greet his little brother, hmm?" Brian asked as he noticed a picture of Harold Jr, his older brother on one of his mother's picture shelves.


"Harry went to the store with your father."


"Ah I see."


"And Ann, Tim, and Jerald should be here in a little bit for dinner," She added, looking over at Kevin.


"Dinner smells good. What are we having?" Kevin asked, even though he already knows the answer.


"Macaroni and Cheese, mashed potatoes with gravy, and corn the cob." She answered, and then she looked over at Brian who was walking around holding Riley's hand and he was quietly giving her the grand tour of everything downstairs — the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, his father's office, etc… she smiled a little bit, as she secretly watched her son with the girlfriend that she's heard so much about, but is just now finally meeting. She's known about Riley since the day after Brian met her because he just goes on non-stop about her. She was secretly hoping they'd end up together some day, and now that they are she couldn't be any happier. She knows that Riley makes him happy. She just can't wait to get a few moments alone with her, so that she can get to know her for herself and really make sure that she is okay for her little boy.


"Brian can Josh and I go outside and play soccer?" Spencer spoke up, as he is suddenly feeling so much better now that he isn't in the car. He was originally planning on playing soccer with Ryan, but no matter how sick he was, he still heard what he said about Ellie, and he isn't too happy about it.


"Sure buddy, I bet Dakota wouldn't mind showing you kids where the backyard is at," Brian replied while winking over at Dakota. Dakota beamed and stood up from her spot on the floor dutifully.


"It's this way," she to ld the boys, and she grabbed Elenore's hand and lead the way, and little Laila trailed behind them with AJ following close behind her. Brian noticed Sarah was still in the house holding on tight to Nick's pantleg.


"Come on Sarah, lets go check out the backyard," he told her gently, and he lifted her up and carried her outside with him.


"I'm going to check on dinner. There is still some stuff that is needed to be done in the kitchen," Jackie announced, pretending that it was no one in particular, but just as she hoped, she got Riley's attention.


"I'll help you Mrs. Littrell."


"Oh thank-you dear, but please call me Jackie."


"I'll help you too," Denise replied, and she followed Jackie and Riley into the kitchen so that Nick, Kori, and Ashley were still behind. Ashley sat on the floor Indian style then, and she scooped up Lily and brought her up so that they were face to face.


"Hi there Miss Lily," she greeted her in that voice that you normally get when talking to a baby, and she kissed the chihuahua. "You are so cute!" just then a jealous Abbie bounded toward her, playfully attacking her and demanding for attention also. Ashley giggled. "Well hello there to you too baby," she told her and she placed Lily in her lap before scooping Abbie into it also, and she began to stroke her a long the sides as Abbie gave her enthusiastic kisses. "Is my baby Abbies jealous hmm? Are you scared Lily will g et all of my attention?" Nick chuckled a little and kneeled down and pet Lil Rok and Tyke. Chance had gone outside with Josh of course. He can hear him barking excitedly — most likely running after the boys as they kick the ball around.


"We should probably take these dogs outside. They've been in the car all day," Wiley pointed out, as he stood there next to Kori.


"True," Nick agreed. He looked down at Tyke and was just thinking about picking him up when suddenly Tyke turned toward the front door in an alert stance and he started to growl. Nick raised his eyebrow.


"What is it little guy?" he stretched his hand out to grab him but before he could Tyke charged toward the front door which was left open, barking like mad. Nick shook his head.


"Crazy pup…you would think he saw a ghost or something," he commented. But then a concerned Brian walked into the house.


"What's up with Tyke?"


"I don't know, he's outside barking at his imaginary friend."


"He must've just heard another dog a mile away or something. Or maybe a person. Dogs have great hearing you know," Kori pointed out. Brian shook his head.


"That wasn't a 'lets go outside and bark at the neighbors because its fun!' kind of bark, that was his 'something is up' kind of bark.' He explained, and he went outside to check on his baby. He found him at the blue painted fence barking and growling as if something or someone was there.


"Tyke? What's the matter boy?" he called out to him. Tyke suddenly stopped and whipped around to look at Brian and he went from growling and barking, to whining. Nick followed him out there with Ashley glued to his side, and so did Laney who is glued to Ashley's side. Brian went over and scooped Tyke up and he gave his dog a concerned look.


"What is it? Huh?" he asked, and tyke licked Brian's chin affectionately. Brian peeked through the gate then. He looked around the area, and even in the bushes. When he didn't see anything he looked back at tyke with a small frown. "There's nothing there Tyke. What is all of the fuss about, you crazy dog?" he asked him, as he carried him back over to the porch where Nick, Ashley, Laney, Kori, and Wiley stood.


"I'm telling you Bri it was probably just one of your neighbors that set him off — or another dog in the distance. He's been cooped up in a car all day, he's feeling ornery."


"Yeah your right," Brian replied, though he wasn't completely convinced. He knows his dog. He doesn't freak out like that over nothing and he recognized that growl. Sure he's heard Tyke growl many times , but there is only one other time he growled like that, and that one time wasn't for nothing. Just as he was about to turn to go in, the gate opened and a car drove in — his father's car. Harold had opened the gate with his remote control, because that's how the security is set up. The only way the gate opens is if by the remote, or you have to call into the house and the people in the house will let you in. There is even a TV screen that shows who is at the gate. Tyke began to bark again, but this time it wasn't a threatening bark, it was his excited bark — he knows that car. He flew down from Brian's arms and darted toward the driveway where he knows Harold will park. Nick grinned.


"Or maybe his super doggy hearing just heard your father coming from a mile away. He was just growling because he wasn't quite sure who he was yet."


"Yeah…heh…maybe you're right," Brian smiled, as some of the tension began to ease. "He has sensed him coming before," he added, and he took off after his dog to join him in greeting his father and brother. Laney however, went into the house to talk to Marcus about security talk. He knows since Nick has her, Ashley is fine at the moment. When Harold and Brian's older brother Harry made it into the house the introductions began again and like Jackie, he immediately fussed over how wonderful Josh is and it only made Brian smile even bigger and for Josh to feel a little more at home. Not long after Harold and Harry got back, Kevin's family started to arrive. Ann, who is Kevin's mother, and his two older brothers', Tim and Jerald. Kevin introduced them to everybody and it was Elenore's turn to have some attention. Her future grandmother and uncles of course loved her to pieces, which made Kevin even more confident to follow through with his Christmas surprise that nobody but Howie knows about. When the last of the introductions were over they had dinner and just as Brian hoped, Josh ate every last bit of it and even asked for seconds — which is a good thing, because he wasn't looking forward to killing his cousin.


"So how was your ride up here, Kev?" Ann Richardson questioned, as she sat next to her son at the dinner table. Ashley looked over at Ann as she spoke. She's a nice woman with short curly brown hair and glasses, and she's tall and thin. Ashley can definitely tell where Kevin got his good looks. He looks just like her.


"Pretty crazy," Kevin answered. "Which was to be expected when traveling with five Backstreet Boys and seven kids. AJ and Nick started our morning off with a huge argument that didn't get settled until we were at Mc Donald's having lunch…then Ellie and Kota sang silly sing a long songs for the first half of the trip, than we ended up getting spotted by a fan while on the road and she went crazy…so we decided to stop at a rest stop and talk to her for a few minutes. Then when we were back on the road again…Spencer got car sick, so some people switched cars a couple of times during the trip too. There was an argument among the kids, I was a total grump because I ended up staying up all night last night…very long and exhausting day." Kevin explained, as he re-encountered the day's events for his mom.


"Wow, it sounds like it."


"Yeah we were all excited when we finally got here," Riley replied. Everybody sat at the table talking until every single person was finished eating, and then Riley, who had grown to love Jackie the minute she began helping out in the kitchen earlier volunteered to help her out with the dishes too. While they were doing that, Brian spoke up.


"Well, why don't we get our stuff up into our rooms now, and then we can go outside and play basketball for awhile! It's getting dark out, but we can turn the driveway light on and the kids can draw on the sidewalk with chalk for awhile before it's time for bed."


"That sounds good," Nick, agreed, as he's been aching to play basketball since the very moment they arrived. Brian, Howie, AJ, Kevin, and Nick all stood up and headed outside to the vans where they had left all of their stuff and they began to carry it all into the house — Ashley followed Nick upstairs, as did Sarah and Dakota as they wanted to see what room they would be staying in.