- Text Size +

Three hours and many pieces of paper later, we all met up again in the living room. We tried to find Kelsey and was informed that she was “sick” with a migraine and would be sitting out of the challenge.

Nick began talking to the group, “I’m really excited to hear what you’ve come up with. The winning group will be accompanying me on a dinner date. Let’s get started!”

Everyone got comfortable as the Brittany, Candy and Cindy stumbled on the stage that was stationed in the center of the room. The stage was silver, complete with a backdrop covered in hearts with Nick’s face in the center.

Everyone else started whispering as Cindy almost fell over walking up. They were all wearing black corsets, neon bras, fishnets and black stilettos. They each had a cane.

I just held my breath as Brittany started talking into the mike.

“Wassup bitchessss! This song is all about how fucking hot Nick is. Get ready for the time of your lives.” As she said that, the group went to take their place on stage with their backs to us.

Everyone off stage looked around at each other. Aspen looked at me from across the couch and I made a drinking motion with my hand. They had some juices flowing, we were about to find out if it was the creative kind.

This was about to be a show for sure.

Music started as the girls began to sway their hips. I instantly recognized the song. It was my brother’s favorite and he had constantly played it in the car.

“If you want it to be good boy

Get yourself a bad girl

Yeah I like this”

All three of them turned around and started thrusting at the canes in front of them while they sang. Brittany stepped up to the front as the Candy and Cindy began to bend over and do whatever it is that strippers do.

“If you want it to be wild

Gotta know just who to dial baby (that's me)

If you really like it hot

Find someone who hits the spot honey (oh yes)”

Brittany sang in Nick’s direction as she bent down and began crawling on the stage before throwing herself back and running her hands down her body.

There were some collective gasps. My eyes just opened wider as my jaw dropped to the ground. This was quickly moving from PG-13 to NC-17. I looked over at Nick and Carson, both of whom looked extremely uncomfortable. Taking a second look, Carson looked like he was slightly enjoying it.

Cindy moved to the front of the stage as Brittany stepped back and danced with Candy.

“And if you want to get us done

Babe you gotta be the one

The one who's got it goin' on

If you wanna make it last

Gotta know just who to ask

Babe I’ve gotta be the best (tonight it's me)”

As Cindy sang, she dropped down and inched back up. She then turned around shook her butt and smacked it. At this point, Candy and Brittany were giggling and dancing on one another while stumbling every once in awhile.

“If you want it to be good boy

Get yourself a bad girl

If you really want it good boy

Get yourself a bad girl

Get it like it could be, would be

Yeah like it should be

If you want it to be good boy

Get yourself a bad girl”

At this point they were all singing and the choreography was thrown out the window. Toward the end, Brittany pushed Candy over and starting thrusting at her from behind. This was not TV appropriate, even for VH1.

The music stopped and we all just sat there with our mouths gaped open. Carson was laughing, Nick was sitting there with his hands covering his face and the three girls were stumbled to the front of the stage to hear comments from Nick and Carson.

It took a couple of seconds before either Nick or Carson were able to speak.

“Um, that was really creative and entertaining to say the least. Are you ladies professional dancers?” Carson asked.

Thankfully, the girls were too drunk to get what he meant by the term dancers.

Candy just replied, “No, we just like to have fun!”

“Nick, what did you think?” Carson turned to ask him.

“I’m speechless. I don’t think I’ll ever think of that song in the same light again.”

The girls just staggered off stage and sat down.

Carson then called Jo’s group on stage. They were wearing normal clothes, so that was promising. Landry stood forward while, Jo and Megan stood in the back.

Music started playing. I was familiar with the song, but I couldn’t pin point the name.

Landry started singing.

“It takes a lot to know all about you

It's not the big things, but the little things

That can mean enough

Like your favorite color is really blue

And there is never a day that passes by

I don't think of you

You were always singing to me

Loving me and holding me

Always waiting for me”

Landry was completely tone deaf but thought she was God’s gift to music. Suddenly, Nick’s shirt made sense with the challenge. Okay, it wasn’t that bad anymore.

“You showed me

Just how you like your food

You showed me

How to put you in a good mood

You showed me

Just how to please you always

Cuz Nick I’ve always been

The perfect fan”

I wanted to look around to see if I was the only one that was one hundred percent creeped out by this song.

“God has been so good

Blessing me with a man

Who will make me a wife

And I've had many years of grace

And it flatters me when I see a smile on your face

I wanna thank you for what you've done

In hopes I can give back to you

And be the perfect wife”

The perfect wife? What the hell? Who was this woman? I looked at Nick and he had a very uncomfortable smile on his face. The song from the more Jeepers Creepers popped into my head.

“You showed me how to love

You showed me how to care

And you showed me that you would always be there

I wanna thank you for that time

And I'm proud to say you will be mine”

It was apparent at this point that Jo and Megan were only there for back up. This was Cookoo Bird’s solo declaration of love for someone she claimed earlier to me that already loved her.

The look on his face didn’t scream love to me.

“Cuz Nick I’ve always been,

Nick I’ve always been

Nick I’ve always been

You know I’ve always been

Cuz Nick I’ve always been... the perfect fan

I love you Nick”

Everyone clapped as they finished.

“That was great, you really feel strongly about me. I can tell. Uhh, good job,” Nick uncomfortably stammered out.

Carson quickly took the reins, “I was sad to not see the rest of the group showcased, but it was a sweet song. Not really the idea of a parody though.”

Landry just shot him a death glare while he rolled his eyes. The group went to sit down.

Carson called us up. Aspen and I each had a stool. I sat down and started to talk as Aspen went to retrieve her guitar from the couch.

“We thought we would go an unexpected route and play off of Aspen’s doppleganger-“

“Is that like a disease or something?” Candy interrupted. I had to remind myself to not be mean.

“It’s a look-alike, usually a celebrity,” I replied to her before finishing, “Aspen did a really good job of coming up with an acoustically version and I did the lyrics.”

Aspen started to play the introductory chords as some of the girls squealed, recognizing the song. Carson started laughing.

“I hopped off the plane at L.A.X.

With a dream of a CD

Welcome to the set of a dating show,

Is he gonna to like me?”

I wasn’t a professional singer by any means. But I had a slightly unhealthy addiction to karaoke, from that I learned to ham everything up. I also knew from high school choir how to land on pitch, something Landry missed out on.

“Jumped in the boat,

Here I am for the first time

Look to my right and I see the light-up sign

These girls are so crazy

Nick doesn’t act so famous

My tummy's turnin' and I'm feelin' kinda home sick

Too much pressure and I'm nervous,

That's when that sexy man called my name down

And a Backstreet song was on

And a Backstreet song was on

And a Backstreet song was on

So I put my hands up

They're playing his song,

And the butterflies fly away

I'm sittin on ice like yeah

I'm walkin up hills like yeah

I got my hands up,

They're playing his song

I know I'm gonna be OK

Yeah, it's a party with Nick Carter

Yeah, it's a party with Nick Carter”

I stopped singing and let Aspen sing her part. I was hoping Nick understood why I left the butterfly part. We already had inside jokes, pathetic.

“Get to elim with my leather on

Everybody's looking at me now

Like "Who's that chick, that's rockin' kicks?

She gotta be from out of town"

So hard with these girls around me

It's definitely not Aspen’s party

'cause all I see are stilettos

I guess she never got the memo”

I took back over singing while Aspen continued to strummed away on her guitar. Most of the girls were clapping along at this point. I didn’t even look in Nick’s direction. I was scared I would forget all the words.

“My tummy's turnin' and I'm feelin' kinda home sick

Too much pressure and I'm nervous

That's when Carson yelled on the intercom

and a Backstreet song was on

and a Backstreet song was on

and a Backstreet song was on

So I put my hands up

They're playing his song,

And the butterflies fly away

I'm sittin on ice like yeah

I'm walkin up hills like yeah

I got my hands up,

They're playing his song

I know I'm gonna be OK

Yeah, it's a party with Nick Carter

Yeah, it's a party with Nick Carter”

Aspen and I sang the last part and chorus together.

“Feel like hidin' from a fight (from a fight)

Cause it’s going down tonight (down tonight)

They all want him all the time (all the time)

Then Carson plays his song and I feel alright

So I put my hands up

They're playing his song,

And the butterflies fly away

I'm sittin on ice like yeah

I'm walkin up hills like yeah

I got my hands up,

They're playing his song

I know I'm gonna be OK

Yeah, it's a party with Nick Carter

Yeah, it's a party with Nick Carter”

As we finished, all the girls stood up and clapped wildly. Cindy was passed out at this point. I forced Aspen to bow with me before we walked to the front of the stage.

Carson was the first to speak, “I’m glad there was a group that knew what the word parody means. It was really clever of you, Aspen to do a Miley song. And I was flattered that I was mentioned in it. Nick, your thoughts?”

Nick sat up a little straighter and propped his foot on the opposite knee.

“I’m not going to lie. I may or may not know all the words to the original version. I thought it was hilarious and wished I could put it on iTunes. The butterfly part was cute, you probably didn’t realize how metaphorical the butterfly is.”

He looked right at me and paused, “The only thing I didn’t like about it is the fact that I’m not going to be able to get it out of my head.”

Aspen and I high-fived one another before returning to our seats.

Nick and Carson walked on stage and Carson began to speak, “I think it was clear who the winner was, Nick?”

“You’re going to have to answer to the rest of the guys because I’m going to be singing ‘Yeah, it’s a party with Nick Carter’ for months to come. Emily and Aspen”

I may have died a little. This beautiful man, was singing with his beautiful voice lyrics that I put together. And he thought my song was clever. Wooohooo!

Nick gave Aspen a hug then moved on to me. As hugged me he whispered in my ear, “You just had to use the butterflies, didn’t you.”

I just smiled at him and sang, “Yeah, it’s a party with Em-i-ly”

Chapter End Notes:

Please let me know what you think!

Songs used:

"If You Want It to Be Good Girl (Get Yourself a Bad Boy)" - Backstreet Boys

"The Perfect Fan" - Backstreet Boys

"Party in the USA" - Miley Cyrus