- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in updating, please enjoy this chapter!
Chapter 3

After the engagement party, Brian told Amanda that his cousin would be by on Thursday to meet her and Nick. The doorbell rang around 3 in the afternoon as Amanda was watching television, the doorbell rang.

"Hi....you must be Amanda," the man at the door said in a distinct Southern drawl. His black hair fell gently in his face and his eyes, a deep green, seemed to twinkle. Amanda smiled at the handsome stranger, wondering how he knew who she was.

"Well, yes. I am Amanda...but I'm afraid I don't remember meeting you before." she found herself telling him after a few moments.

"I'm Kevin Richardson, Brian told me you were looking for a wedding planner and I am here to help." he smiled warmly. He was handsome and charming, Amanda was taken with him at once.

"Oh....you're Brian's cousin. I wasn't expecting...." she stammered. A male wedding planner was completely unexpected, Brian hadn't told her his cousin was a man.

"If it makes you feel better, I can go put on a dress..." Kevin said with a grin. Amanda laughed, he was as charming as Brian.

"No, no....thats's okay. Come on in." she replied. He followed her inside and she led him to their kitchen. Nick loved to cook, their kitchen was large with big cabinets and long counters. Amanda and Kevin sat down at the table and talked.

"So Brian told you we were interested in hiring a wedding planner?" Amanda asked, looking him over. Kevin was dressed professionally in black pants and a navy blue dress shirt, a black jacket completed his outfit.

"Yes, he spoke very highly of you and your fiancé." Kevin said as AJ walked in the room shirtless and carrying Celine.

"See this?" he said in an annoyed tone, holding up the baby to Amanda.

"She's hungry, why don't you feed her?" he added as if it was an order. Amanda glared at him and took Celine, holding her against her shoulder.

"Will you go put some clothes on? We have company!" she snapped, hitting AJ on the arm with her free hand. Kevin smiled and stood up, eyeing him.

"Hello, I'm Kevin. Nice to meet you." he offered, holding his hand out for AJ to shake.

"Sup?" AJ replied as he shook it. Kevin seemed a little disturbed by the shirtless man in front of him, covered in tattoos and piercings...his hair dyed a violent shade of red.

"Go....clothes....now..." Amanda hissed angrily, shooing him out of the room. She turned to Kevin, who had taken his seat back at the table.

"I'm so sorry about him, he is not usually like this at all..." Amanda apologized. Kevin smiled but wondered how someone like her ended up with someone like him.

"Now about the wedding..." Amanda started when Nick walked into the kitchen carrying groceries and looking tired.

"Hi baby, and baby..." Nick greeted Amanda, gently kissing her on the cheek while balancing the grocery bag. He leaned in to kiss the baby as well and then moved towards the refrigerator. Kevin watched Nick with so much confusion, he thought his head would explode.

"Honey, I want you to meet the wedding planner....Kevin." Amanda said with a smile.

"Oh....so this is Nick....this is your fiancé." Kevin commented as Amanda laughed. Nick turned around and looked at Kevin...a strange memory came to him of a farm....he could almost smell the hay from the barn...

"Nick?" Amanda called, and he shook it away. Kevin stood in front of him with his hand extended but Nick didn't take it. He simply stared and did not move. After a moment of awkward silence, Amanda became frustrated.

"Honey, take Celine upstairs." she said, trying to get Nick out of the room. He obliged and promptly left, leaving Amanda and Kevin alone.

"I am so sorry about that...." Amanda said finally once Kevin had taken his seat back at the table. He had a strange look on his face, as if he were remembering something.
"Amanda, how old is Nick?" he asked suddenly.

"He is 25, the same age as Brian and I." she explained, wondering why he would be asking about Nick. She went on to tell him that she met Nick when they were ten.
"Look, it was nice to meet you both." Kevin said as he got up and headed for the door.

"Likewise...." Amanda said, and like that...he was gone.