- Text Size +
Chapter 12

I had never complained about touring because I knew how much Nick sacrificed for me. But I secretly did not like it. I hated packing up and starting over in a new city almost every night. I hated not having a connection to places we stopped at.

So when the last night of tour came around, I was beyond ready to be home. I wanted to see Chelsea and I wanted to sleep in my own bed. I was already planning to call Chelsea the minute we landed to tell her to meet me at my house. Nick usually went out with his friends and Chelsea and I stayed up until all hours of the night, catching each other up on our summers. Her stories usually consisted of kissing boys and sitting by the beach, where mine usually consisted of movie nights with Nick and the funniest fan moments. This summer was different though; I could tell her about the view from the Eiffel Tower, and the fans that spotted Nick and I when we were getting gelato in Rome. I needed to tell her about Dan and the whole Jen situation.

“Can I sit in the crowd tonight?”

“You want to?” I nodded. For as long as I’ve been touring with them, watching them perform, I had ever really only seen one show per tour, and that was usually the last show. We were in London for the last stop, because the day before the guys had appearances on some television shows. Mike escorted me to the pit and I blushed when the girls in the front room seemed to recognize me. One of them started snapping pictures left and right.

“Ally!” I looked over at them and smiled. If I wasn’t his spitting image, you would never guess I was Nick’s daughter. He craved attention, I hated it. He could talk to anyone at any time and I was super shy. “Can I get a picture with you?”

“Sure,” I smiled and scooted over to her. She handed her camera to her friend and posed with me. “Are you excited for the concert tonight?”

“Of course, it’s been years since I’ve seen them!” They all grinned excitedly as I posed with the next girl. This was so weird, why did they want my picture? “Can you give something to Nick for us?”

“Sure,” I smiled. Nick loved getting presents from fans. He didn’t get them as often as he did when they were just starting out, but he loved them, especially the shirts. Most of them had crude sayings or were just downright ugly, but he always grinned happily and wore them with pride. She handed me a brown box and I smiled, “he’s going to love it, I’ll make sure he posts something on his twitter about it.”

All of the girls giggled and nodded, “can we get your autograph?” I think my jaw literally dropped to the floor.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, you’re almost as famous as he is.”

Now I was really confused, “I am?” I mean, I know that people knew about me because of Nick, but I didn’t think that could be considered famous.

“Yeah Ally. You’re gorgeous, you’re always featured in articles when they talk about celebrity children. Of course they can never get a decent picture of you, except for those ones at the airport in Paris. But people love to look at you, you’re gorgeous. Have you ever thought about modeling?”

People thought I was pretty? This girl thought I should be a model? Seriously? The lights flickered and the screaming started, “enjoy the show!” I took my seat but didn’t really pay attention to their entrance. My mind was on that girl’s comments. I had never given much thought to my looks. I knew I looked like Nick. I had always been told that I was his spitting image; himself in female form. I knew that girls threw themselves at his feet but it never really dawned on me that I was considered gorgeous. Boys had never paid attention to me at school, except for Brandon, so I just had never thought anything about it. When Chelsea and I were together, boys always went for her, not me. I caught Nick’s eye and grinned when he gave me a look. I took the brown box in my hand and continued to watch their last show.




“Before we go anywhere, open the box.” I wanted to know what was inside it.

He grinned, “Make friends with some fans tonight? I saw you posing for pictures.”

I laughed, “They also asked for my autograph, can you believe it?” He tore open the box and I groaned at the two t-shirts that were inside.

“Jackpot!” The first one read ‘In my next life I want to be a ghost,’ and the second one was black with a bright blue tribal design on it. “The ghost one is hilarious.”

“No it’s not,” I laughed, “I promised you’d say something on your twitter about it.” He grinned and took out his phone to no doubt post to his twitter.

“The girl told me that I’m almost as famous as you. That I’m always featured in magazines when they talk about celebrity kids.”

He looked at me, “I know. But they haven’t gotten any good pictures of you.”

“You knew?” Why didn’t he tell me? Did it matter anyways? I didn’t want to be famous. I had never really tried to be; I hated the attention. But she said I was in them because I was beautiful. “Can I ask you a question without you getting all Dad on me?”

He laughed, “What is it?”

“She said I was in them because I was pretty,” I shrugged, “I’ve never really paid much attention to how I looked but is that the reason why I’m in them? Am I pretty?”

His smile was soft and a little sad at the same time. “They mention your looks in them yeah.” He shook his head, “you really don’t know how beautiful you are Ally?”

I blushed, “I never said beautiful, I said pretty.”

“I know, I’m saying beautiful.”

“She said I should start modeling,” I said, “I wanted to laugh and tell her that I can’t walk in a pair of high heels and I’ve never worn makeup and the boys at school never look my way.”

He laughed and shook his head, “that’s what makes you beautiful.” I smacked him as I blushed again. “Ow! Be nice to me!”

“You kids ready?” I grinned as I hooked my arm through Alex’s as he led me out the door.




Nick had given me my Blackberry back when we were at the airport. I didn’t have my laptop back but we were back in Tampa again, it didn’t matter anymore. As we made our way to our car I sent Chelsea a quick text to meet me at my house so we could start our night. “You excited to see Chels?”

“Yes, I can’t wait. You heading out tonight?”

He nodded, “yeah, gonna head over to Brent’s for a little while, won’t be out too late though.”

“Is Aunt BJ still staying at the house?”

He nodded, “Yeah. She went food shopping and is cooking us dinner tonight.”

Yum. I hadn’t had a home cooked meal in ages. Of course for Nick; a home cooked meal meant me cooking; he couldn’t cook to save his life. We pulled into the driveway I immediately got out.

It felt so good to be home. I could’ve kissed the pavement.

“Leave the suitcases for now, we can do laundry later.” That suited me just fine. I walked into the house behind Nick and almost walked into him when he stopped short. I peeked around him to see what his problem was and froze.

There was BJ in the living room with…someone else.

“Nick.”

“…Jen.”