- Text Size +
Chapter 15

“Are you going out tonight?” He walked in the kitchen dressed somewhat nicely.

He nodded, “Meeting a couple of people over in Orlando for the night.”

I frowned, “who?”

“Some record execs. Your Uncle Aaron wants my help on his next album, so I’m meeting him out there.” I nodded. “I’ll be home tomorrow afternoon. What are you doing tonight?”

“I’m going to spend the night at Chelsea’s,” I said, hoping he wouldn’t catch the lie. I had a hard time lying to him; he always caught me, or just gave me a look and I caved. “But maybe since you’re going away for the night, she could spend it here.”

He laughed, “You two alone in a house actually seems pretty scary. You two get into some weird business.”

“Oh please, we’re angels.”

He smiled at me, “either way, have fun tonight okay? Things here have been a little stressful, you deserve to be a teenager every once in a while.” I nodded in agreement.

I peeked out the window and watched as Nick drove out of the driveway and down the street. Finally alone, I changed into the mini dress that Chelsea had let me borrow and flew out the door. When I asked Chelsea if there were any parties this weekend, she had told me about one in particular; Brandon’s. He was in college now, but stayed in the city, which meant, still living at home. But his parents were away, I knew it was going to be a night to remember.

“You look fabulous,” Chelsea grinned as she slid into my car.

“Of course I do. You taught me well.”

“So, let’s talk goals for tonight.” I nodded. This was her area of expertise so I let her roll with it. “Drinking and lots of it.”

“Nick thinks I’m spending the night at your house,” I said. I was proud of myself that he hadn’t caught the lie. This was my chance to show Brandon what he missed out on.

“Good, my mom thinks I’m spending the night at yours.” She grinned evilly. “You are going to have Brandon all over you by the end of the night.”

I laughed, “I don’t want him all over me; I want him to regret missing out on me.”

“Same thing,” she giggled, “and if I have my way, he’ll be in your pants by the end of the night.” I scoffed. I wasn’t sure I wanted it to go that far. Maybe a kiss but Brandon wasn’t worth sleeping with I knew that much. “You can’t say that you don’t want to Ally. You should just do it and get it over with.” I frowned. I knew that if anyone had found I had just thrown it away, especially Alex, they’d be so angry with me.

Last summer on tour Alex overheard a phone conversation with Chelsea about the topic. After I had hung up with her, he dragged me to his bus and told me that if I didn’t wait for the right person, he’d find whoever it was and kick his ass. I, of course, was so embarrassed that I just agreed and turned to leave but he sat me down and told me why he thought I should wait. He told me that he lost his virginity at fifteen, just when the Backstreet Boys were getting started. Girls were throwing themselves at his feet and all he had to do was pick one and he’d be all set for the night. He was a teenage boy; he took advantage of it. He told me that he regretted not waiting for Nina because she was his true love. But if that were true, then they wouldn’t be going through a divorce right now.

But I was tired of not being allowed to make mistakes. I turned to Chelsea, “maybe I should just sleep with him.”





I always had had bad associations when it came to alcohol. It always brought out the worst in people. It sent Alex into rehab, it’s what got me attacked in the streets of Germany, and it brought out the mean side in people you thought you knew. When we had gotten to the party, Chelsea made us inaugurate the night with shots of Vodka. After the third one Brandon had walked up to do the fourth with us.

“Welcome back State side Ally,” he raised his shot glass.

“Here, here!” Chelsea giggled and shot hers back as well. I smiled but didn’t take the shot. Vodka had always been Nick’s go to alcoholic beverage and I felt weird downing it without him knowing. If I had my way, he would never find out about this night anyways, but it still felt weird. Chelsea said I relied on him too much. I couldn’t decide whether or not I should be angry about it but he was my father, I had a hard time keeping anything from him.

Chelsea dragged me away from Brandon, “you have to have him chase you. Let me introduce you to some hot guys okay?” I just nodded. She knew what she was doing.

I had no idea how much alcohol I had drank or what time it was but I was nestled in the corner like I usually was at parties. Except, this time, there was someone nestled in there with me. I couldn’t remember his name but Chelsea had introduced me to him. He was on the basketball team, which made him infinitely better than Brandon. Basketball was much cooler than football.

Basketball boy had left to get us some drinks when I felt a hand press into the small of my back.

“You look great tonight,” Brandon whispered in my ear.

“Thanks.”

“Want to get something else to drink?” I looked up at him and knew that Chelsea was right; Brandon was chasing me. I nodded and followed him out into the backyard. He opened a cooler and handed me a beer. I opened it and took a large gulp. “Trying to get drunk tonight Ally?”

“Would you help me if I said I was?”

He smirked and pulled me to him, “I missed you this summer.” Then he kissed me.

“I missed you too,” I smiled back. Okay so I hadn’t really, but I’d tell him anything if he kept kissing me.

When he walked back inside I couldn’t find Chelsea anywhere. Brandon had led me back over to the table with all the hard liquor and poured us another round of shots, tequila this time. “Here’s how you properly shoot tequila,” he grinned. He swept my blonde hair away from my neck and licked a long line from my ear to my shoulder. Jesus. He flicked salt over it and handed me the line. “Put it in your mouth.” I tried not to blush at how dirty it sounded. I wasn’t cut out for this. But I stuck the rind of the lime in my mouth and tried not to swallow it whole when Brandon licked the salt off my neck. He shot his tequila then put his mouth on mine, sucking the lime juice out of the lime. “Your turn,” he grinned.

“Ok,” I tried to muster the courage as I grabbed the salt as he filled the shot glass again. He put the wedge of lime in his mouth and waited for me. I leaned into him and licked his neck, flicking the salt on it and then licking it off. When I put my mouth on his to suck the lime juice he pulled away. He took the wedge out of his mouth and put his lips back on mine. His mouth tasted like lime, which took away the vile taste of the tequila.

“Want to head somewhere a little more private?” I bit my lip and looked up at him. Then I nodded.

His bedroom was a mess. There were clothes in the corner, video games all over the floor and posters of half-naked models on the wall. This did not look like the room I had pictured in my head when I lost my virginity. He shut the door behind him and then kissed me again. The alcohol had helped with the nervousness but still, when he lifted my dress over my head, I started to freeze. He sat on his bed and took off his shirt and then kissed my stomach.

I had never felt so naked before and I wasn’t even naked. I had no idea how this was going to happen if all I felt was my nerves. I leaned over him and started kissing him again. He scooted back on the bed and said, “Take your bra off for me.”

I took a deep breath, and then slid it off my shoulders.