- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Two updates in one day - go me :)
Chapter 39


I felt like I was breaking so many rules, but really, I wasn’t. I didn’t think. Instead of Tyler and I going out, he was coming over to watch a movie. I was afraid to tell Nick. But I did tell BJ and this morning before she went to work, she brought over some type of pasta dish she made. Then she brought me chocolate covered popcorn.

I hugged her tightly but told her she couldn’t tell Nick if she talked to him. She gave me a wink and kissed my cheek, reminiscing about her teenage years.

Chelsea grinned in a way that made me blush. I told her that nothing was going to happen, that we were just going to watch a movie, but before she left for work, she slid a couple of condoms into my hand.

I threw them in the trash after she left. Then right before Tyler came, I fished them out of the trash and put them on the table next to my bed. It wasn’t going to happen, but what if it did? Or what if it did next time? I shouldn’t be thinking of that already. Alex would kill me – if Nick didn’t get to me first.

“Hey Ally,” Tyler grinned when I opened the door.

“Hey,” I smiled. I blushed when he kissed my cheek. “My aunt brought food over this morning, are you hungry?”

He grinned, “Definitely. But I would’ve been more impressed if you told me you made it.” I laughed and pulled the dish out of the refrigerator. As I heated it up, he wrapped his arms around me from behind and I tried to ignore the sudden butterflies in my stomach. He kissed my shoulder and said, “I want to talk to you.”

“About what?” I was nervous.

He turned me around and then kissed me, “About us. Is that okay?”

I bit my lip. Was it? I wanted to tell him that he could talk to me only if he wasn’t going to break up with me. He was too good to be true. “That’s okay,” I said softly.

He smiled, “You look nervous suddenly, don’t be.” It eased my mind slightly, but not entirely. He took a deep breath and said, “I don’t want to share you.” I must’ve looked confused because he laughed, “I didn’t mean for that to sound so possessive. Let’s get our food and sit down so we can eat and talk. I’m starving.” I grabbed my plate and followed him to the living room. When I sat down, he turned to me again and said, “I heard your song last night.”

I blushed, “Oh…”

“And it was really fucking good Ally,” he sounded sincere and I felt my cheeks get redder.

“You listened to my Dad’s interview?” Why would he do that? Was he a fan?

He looked sheepish, and then he shrugged, “I really like you Ally. I just-” He ran his hand through his hair, “I know things are going to get busy for you now, and guys will be throwing themselves at you, because, why wouldn’t they? You’re gorgeous.” I blushed again. They wouldn’t be doing that. “I just want you to know, before you go and become some big superstar, that, I really, really like you Ally.”

I didn’t know what to say.

He made a face, “I just sounded so pathetic.” He waved his hands in this adorable little way, “erase everything I just said to you okay? Let me start that over.” He put his fork into the noodles and I smiled at him when he took a giant bite. “Okay,” he chuckled once he swallowed, “is that conversation erased from your memory?” I smiled. It wasn’t but I nodded anyways. I was curious as to what he was trying to say. Was he going to tell me he was in love with me? “Now before I put my foot in my mouth again, I want to just say that, if I sound pathetic, tell me, and I’ll try and start over again. Okay?”

“Okay,” I smiled.

He smiled back, “Okay good.” He took me hand, “I feel like things are going to blow up for you soon, with the magazine and the song, and I want to support you and be there for you because I really like you. And,” he swallowed, “I had this whole speech planned out in my head on the drive over, and now that I’m here, I have no idea what to say.”

It clicked. “Tyler,” I whispered, “I really like you too. And I think I know what you want to say.” I leaned in and kissed him because I couldn’t help it. “I want you to be there with me too if anything happens. I won’t ditch you for someone else, I promise. You noticed me before anyone else did.”

He grinned and kissed me, “that’s exactly what I wanted to say.” Then he gave me a kiss that took my breath away. “Now,” he turned towards the pasta, “I had a bite and I want more. Your aunt is an awesome cook.” Then he made a show of shoving a fork full of pasta into his mouth.

My heart was so full right now, I thought it would burst.





Before Chelsea even said hello, she asked, “Did you pop your cherry?”

I blushed, “No. Almost though.”

“Really? Almost? Why didn’t you?”

I shrugged, “I’m not ready yet.” I sighed, the night was perfect. After we finished off BJ’s pasta, we popped in a movie and halfway through, we started making out. Unlike that time with Brandon, I wasn’t nervous at all as Tyler kissed me. My hands moved on their own accord and the next thing I knew, he was hovered over me, his shirt on the floor. He gave me a grin that made my bones feel like jello and then told me he thought we had done enough for one night. He wanted to wait a little bit longer before we moved things along. I was glad he had stopped us, because I knew that I didn’t want to lose it this way, that I wanted it to be special…and not on my Dad’s couch. “Chels, I swear he’s perfect.”

She giggled, “What’d he do?”

“He streamed the radio interview last night too, because he knew I was listening too. He was trying to tell me that he didn’t want me to basically ditch him if I decided to follow in Nick’s footsteps.” I giggled, “But he didn’t know how to word it right, he kept embarrassing himself. It was so cute.”

Chelsea giggled with me, “You know, I never really ever paid attention to Tyler before. But,” she looked thoughtful, “he is kind of cute. I mean, he’s one of those kids that gets along with everyone, you know?”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “I noticed that he always smiled at me as we passed in the halls or something. He never deliberately ignored me but never talked to me either.” I sighed, “I wonder if he’s getting any shit for dating me.”

Chelsea twirled a piece of her long hair around her finger and asked, “Would you change your high school experiences if you could?”

I thought about it. Would I? I always thought I would, because I was absolutely miserable. I didn’t mind the whole going to school part like most other kids my age did. I just minded the people who went there with me. But if they hadn’t of ignored me all this time, and I was friends with them, would I still be the same person that I was right now? Would Nick and I have the same relationship we did now? Would Alex and I be as close as we were now? Would Chelsea and I still even be friends?

I was a full believer that everything happens for a reason. I knew the sacrifices in life were all part of a plan, that without suffering there’d be no compassion. If I didn’t have a miserable high school experience, would I have to sacrifice something else that I loved in life? If I had to suffer in high school and get everything else that I loved about my life, I’d take it. “No,” I finally answered her. “I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the misery of it all. I like who I am right now, aside from the horrible fear of getting attention.”

Chelsea laughed, “I think the only thing I would change, would be my reaction to my sucky family life. I wouldn’t have spread my legs to anyone who asked. It sucks that I got branded as the school whore,” but then she shrugged, “But what else would’ve changed for the worse if that had changed for the better?”

I laughed out loud, “You are totally reading my mind right now.”

“That’s because you’re like my sister Ally. It’s scary.”

It was pretty scary, but not in a bad way. “How is the trial going? Is your sorry excuse for a Dad getting reamed?”

Chelsea smiled slightly, “Sort of.” Then she shrugged, “It’s going fine. They settled on the abuse charges, he gave up all custody,” she rolled her eyes, “like it matters anyways, I’ll be eighteen in February, no one can control me then.” Then she grinned, “I kind of don’t need to be there anymore, but my mom’s lawyer is hot.”

I laughed. Typical Chelsea.

“BJ brought over some chocolate covered popcorn, want some?” She grinned and followed me down to the kitchen.

“I have the perfect person for Nick,” she said suddenly.

“Really? Who?”

“Mrs. Palmer!” Chelsea grinned excitedly but I rolled my eyes.

“She’s a Mrs. for a reason Chels. She’s married,” I wanted to say ‘Duh!’ but I refrained. She would be cool for Nick if she wasn’t married and if I felt like I wouldn’t be seeing a teacher every time I walked into the room.

“I know, but,” she frowned, “if she wasn’t married, she’d be perfect.”

“He needs someone who won’t care if he’s not around all the time. I have a feeling that leaving me alone for two weeks is a test. To see if I can handle it. And if I can, which I can, he’ll probably be going away a lot more.”

“Maybe they can start touring during the winter now or something,” Chelsea suggested, but I frowned. I didn’t want him to tour without me. I didn’t necessarily like touring, but it was the thing we did together. Being stuck in such close quarters for two to three months at a time was how we became so close in the first place. I tried very hard to suppress the jealousy that was threatening to surface at the thought of him bringing someone else along on tour with him.

But I could put my feelings aside if it gave Nick a chance to be happy.

“Ooh!” Chelsea said suddenly, “I have Wednesday night off from work; we should go to a movie!”

I wouldn’t say it, but I was thankful for the subject change. “I really want to see that new movie about the aliens.” I silently laughed; I was so Nick Carter’s daughter.

Chelsea looked disgusted, “No way. I was thinking that new dancing movie, with the hottie that is shirtless 98% of the movie…”

I grinned for her sake, “That’s fine with me!”