- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy the update! Please review!
Chapter 2

Nick was not looking forward to work today. It was Tuesday, the busiest day during the summer due to the car show across the highway. AJ was working too, so that made it a little better for him.

"Alex, you work the line with Nick today. I don't want any fooling around, Howie is working tonight and you will make me look bad." Kevin snapped before heading to the office. Howie was the General Manager and had a bad temper when he was angry. After about two hours of non stop customers, AJ was tired and craving a cigarette, but there was nobody to cover him so he couldn't have a break.

"God damn it, I need a smoke..." he muttered, as a large order came up on the screen.

"I'm sure he will give you a break." Nick said empathetically.

"No because that would require him to work." AJ said softly. The order grew larger and larger, it was 30 items.

"Is this lady ever gonna stop ordering?" Nick asked as AJ laughed.

"I know, she might as well order the whole damn store.....oh big surprise there....a diet Pepsi. You order all this food and get a diet soda."

"Kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?" Nick chuckled as he bagged the food. He knew for a fact that the lady would complain it was taking a long time for the order to be made, even though she had ordered about 60 dollars worth of food. Sure enough, when Nick handed her the food she decided to tell him off.

"Why did it take so long?" she demanded angrily. Nick put on the fakest smile he could and grinned at her.

"I apologize for the wait." he said, trying to hold back what he wanted to say.

"I should get something for free because I waited so long...." the woman continued as she glared at him.

"You had a large order, we are a little short staffed today. Sorry." Nick offered, He felt that she had some nerve asking for free food after she just spent 60 dollars.
"Well, you're not very helpful, are you?" the lady said before walking away. Nick went back to bagging orders.

"What a bitch." AJ said, shaking his head at her.

"I hate people. They want you to bend over backwards and they still aren't happy." Nick commented. This was the one thing he hated about this job, that no matter what he did, it was always wrong. Nobody was ever satisfied, and he did everything that was asked of him.

"Fucking hell....Kevin! Can I please have a cigarette now?!" AJ shouted suddenly. Nick sighed, it was just one of those nights.