- Text Size +
Chapter Thirty Five

"Montreal, it may be cold, but were about to make it hot in here!" I shouted. I fixed my head mic. The crowd screamed.

The first notes of Stuck Like Glue began and I launched into the song. Even though my plugs muted most of the sound, I could hear the crowd singing along.

It was the last concert before Christmas. Grandma and grandpa had flown back home last night. Over a foot of snow had fallen since they left and more was coming down even as I was performing.

As for my relationship with Jasper, I couldn't have asked for anything better. It had been almost a month and there hadn't been any drama whatsoever. It was the type of relationship I had been looking for.

There you go making my heart beat again
Heart beat again, Heart beat again
There you go making me feel like a kid
Won't you do it, a do it one time?


I pretended to rope in Jasper like I did every night. He stumbled backwards in mock protest, but this time he lingered a little longer, his back pressing into my chest. He flashed me a killer grin before I turned around and we leaned back to back.

There you go pulling me right back in
Right back in, Right back in
And I know I'm never letting this go
I'm stuck on you.


I broke off into a run towards the end of the song. I was sweating profusely, my heart was racing, and I was invincible. When we were finally done, I just wanted to do it again.

"GOOD NIGHT MONTREAL!" I screamed. Someone threw a hockey jersey up on stage. I slipped it on, did a bow with the band, and took off.

"Merry Christmas guys!" I shouted.

"Merry Christmas!" they shouted back.

We were all catching different flights. I hit the showers, changed quickly, and walked out with my bags at the ready.

Jasper was waiting for me. I stopped.

I smiled. "Are you going to the airport with me?" I asked. He shook his head.

"We've got a problem."

I frowned. "A problem?"

"All flights in and out of here are cancelled. There's too much snow."

My eyes widened. "Too much snow? But...but..."

"There's a week 'til Christmas," Jasper said. "We will both make it back to our famiies in plenty of time."

I exhaled loudly. "So what's the plan? Hotel?"

Jasper shook his head. "All booked. The venue said we can stay here."

"Here?"

I got a crooked little smile out of my little squeaky question.

"Hey, most of us are roughing it on the floor. You get your dressing room."

I crossed my arms. "So the snow's really that bad?"

Jas made a little motion with his finger. We walked to the door and he pushed it open. I gasped.

I saw nothing but white. The heavy flakes smacked against my cheek.

"Did all the fans get out?"

"Yeah, it really picked up in the last forty five minutes while we were all changing," he explained.

He pushed the door closed again.

"You're stuck wtih me a bit longer, snow bunny," he teased.

I bit my lip and hid a smile.

If I was going to be stuck with anyone, he made the po of my list.

-------------------------------------------

"I don't want you to sleep on the floor," I complained.

After some warmed up catering food, my crew and the rest of the venue staff had gotten creative with making comfortable beds. Even so, a few people were left on the floor. Jas decided to be one of the noble ones.

"It's fine. I camped out all the time when I was little," he said.

"In Jersey?" I asked doubtfully. He laughed.

"We went to New York. Up to the mountains. It was fun."

I made a face. We were both standing there with our arms crossed over our chests. I glanced towards the dressing room and made a split-second decision.

"Stay with me," I suggested.

He glanced at the door warily. "I don't think--"

"I have a couch and a big cushiony chair. It's all innocent."

When I had called mom and dad to tell them the bad news, mom had made me promise not to do anything irrational.

But I really didn't think offering part of my dressing room was irrational.

"If I say yes, you've got to let me take the couch," Jas whispered. I smiled.

"Deal."

We waited a while until everyone was distracted; Jas and I took the opportunity to slip into the dressing room. He sank down into the chair and patted the arms.

"So?"

"Very nice. Thank you."

I rolled up a hoodie and placed it at one end of the couch like a pillow. Afte I did that, I walked over to the chair. Jasper looked up slowly.

"Good night Brooke," he whispered.

"Good night."

I leaned down and gave him our traditional goodnight 'roady' kiss. Somehow the whole thing felt different; after all, we were locked in my dressing room. I let my lips linger against his own. I could feel the slight stubble in his neglect to shave every day. My pulse spiked; my breath grew heady. His lips were always perfectly moist. His arms wrapped around me loosely. His jaw relaxed; I found my tongue running against his teeth. His hand pressed on my spine and his head fell back.

"Brooke," Jas said thickly.

"It's just a goodnight kiss," I reasoned. His pupils were small as he stared at me.

"That was more than a goodnight kiss," he said. "That was a good morning kiss."

"So?"

He sighed. I hadn't pushed him before; he studied me intently. I opened my mouth to say something else, but before I could, he grabbed my face and pressed his lips against mine hard.

It was a total makeout kiss. My mind grew fuzzy. I don't remember doing it, but I ended up straddling his lap, his nice warm lap. My fingers played with the hair at the nape of his neck. Our tongues dueled it out over mouth territory. It might have only been twenty eight degrees outside, but it was like a million degrees in the little room. He grew hard beneath me; I only exacerbated it by wiggled against him.

"No," he finally moaned. He lifted my hips. My hands fell to his shoulders. I panted softly.

"I'm not breaking the promise we made. I'm not having sex with you tonight," Jasper said.

I knew he was going to say that; I was glad he did. Maybe I was testing him; I don't know. We looked at each other. He picked up a stand of my hair between his fingers and twisted it. He looked pained.

"Maybe...maybe we could be a little creative though," he said hesitantly.

"Creative?" I murmured.

"Well, there's other ways to get satisfied besides..."

I saw where he was going. I just hadn't been very creative with Trevor or Nate. I licked my lips.

"Do you have a suggestion?" I asked. My hands slid down and pressed against the building bulge. He smiled.

"I do."

He took my hands away.

"But not tonight. I've been dating you four weeks. I don't expect anything right now."

"But--"

He wiggled me over his hard lap until I had no choice but to get back on my feet. He stood up and gave me another satisfying lingering kiss.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom. Then, I'm going to come back out and tuck you in."

I shivered. "O--okay."

He turned into the restroom and I settled down on the couch. I think I was more turned on by him waiting than anything else.

-----------------------------------

"Do you like dogs or cats more?"

"Dogs. You?"

Jas laughed. "Dogs. I've always wanted a Golden Retriever."

"I love Retrievers!"

I stared up into the darkness. It was comforting knowing that Jas was so close.

"What's your favorie color?"

There was a pause. "Isn't it obvious?"

"Black?"

"Blonde."

I giggled. "Shut up."

We were playing a sleepy game of 20 Questions.

"Are you the type of girl who believes in marriage or just a committed relationship?"

I smiled. For some reason I thought of the days playing Barbies with Kay again.

"I totally believe in marriage. I want a marriage like my mom and dad."

"Me too," Jas said happily.

"Do you play any other instruments beside guitar?"

He groaned. I laughed.

"What?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't ask that."

"Why?"

He sighed. "I play the harp."

I snorted. "The harp?"

"My great-grandma was a harpist and grandma insisted one of her grandchildren learn to play. Guess who drew the short straw?"

"I've so got to see you play the harp."

"I'm going to have to be really drunk first," Jasper warned.

"Deal," I said.

I yawned. I was relaxed; I had the funny mental image of Jas with a harp between his legs. Soon the sound of Jasper's breathing became regular and I realized that he must have fallen asleep.

I rolled over onto my side and snuggled into the soft plushness of the couch.

I was right behind him on the trip to dreamland.