- Text Size +
Chapter 4

"What do you mean you can't find him?" Angel's voice asked Nick over the phone.

"I mean I've everywhere! Under every bed. Inside every closet. Even behind the bathroom shower curtain. Angel you gotta help me out here! You babysit all the time!" Nick's voice panicked.

"Well Nick, have you tried yelling 'Olley, Olley,  Oxen Free?" Angel asked.

"No! What the hell does that do?" Nick asked.

"It means... I give up, you win come out from where your hiding." She laughed a little.

"I told him I give up and to come out." Nick told her.

"That's not the way the game works, Nick." She explained.

"Why not?" Nick asked.

"Just do it." She sighed.

"OLLEY, OLLEY OXEN FREE!" Nick shouted.
 
He paused quietly for a moment and heard nothing.

"See Angel not-" Nick stopped when he heard a funny sound from inside his laundry room.

"Let me call you back." Nick said and hung up.

He went into the laundry room and heard what sounded like a bunch of tennis shoes rolling around inside his dryer only it wasn't on.

Nick opened the door and saw Baylee, he let out a sigh of relief. "Finally! I found you!"

Baylee shook his head, "NOT TRUE! I win!! You said 'OLLEY, OLLEY OXEN FREE' SO I WIN!!!"

Nick sighed, "Fine you win." He said as they went back out to the living room area.

"You're turn!!!"

"No! No more hide and seek Baylee."

"Why?" Baylee pouted.

"Cause you scared the sh- pi- uh... you scared me really bad!" Nick finished.

"I did?" Baylee asked happy.

"Yes and it's not funny!" Nick yelled a little bit.

Baylee's eyes got big.

"When you heard me say, game over, you should have come out. It's not ok to scare people." Nick continued.

Tears formed in Baylee's eyes as his bottom lip began to quiver.

"No! No! Don't cry! I didn't mean to upset you!" Nick put his hands on Baylee's shoulders.

Just then James began to cry.

"Oh hell!"