- Text Size +

CHAPTER 2

"Has this person watched the kids before?" Kristin asked as they pulled into AJ's driveway.

AJ had moved recently and neither Kevin or Kristin had seen the house yet.

"Well, he's been around them since the day they were born pretty much but no he's never actually babysat before." Leighanne beat around the bush.

"Brian Thomas..." Kevin's voice warned.

"Oh come on Kev. AJ will do a great job." Brian broke the news.

"AJ? You're letting AJ watch our children?" Kevin asked.

"Uncle AJ is the coolest!" Baylee cheered from where he sat in the limo.

"Nick watched them a few weeks back. Baylee still hasn't stopped talking about how much fun it was." Leighanne told him.

"Yeah, if Nick can do it surely AJ can." Leigh jumped in.

"Well... I guess if you guys are OK with this." Kristin agreed.

"Not that we have another option." Kevin rolled his eyes.

Brian and Howie just gave each other a big smile.

They got out of the car and helped the kids out the their car seats and walked up to AJ's door.

Baylee rang the doorbell and AJ opened the door.

Leigh handed James to him as Kevin sat Mason down.

"Hi, Uncle AJ!" Mason said with a wide smile.

"I missed you Uncle AJ! I had so much fun with Uncle Nicky!! I can't WAIT to have fun with you...and James agrees!" He said.

 

Brian began to help Howie set up the pack n' play for James.
"Hold up! What is that thing?" AJ asked watching.
"His pack 'N play." Mason smiled.
"AJ, Baylee will be able to help you out a lot with James. He's kinda picky but Baylee knows him well." Leigh said.
"Don't let Mason have anything other then water. He's just getting over a bladder infection and anything else still makes him pee a lot." Kristen warned.
"No sweets for Baylee. He goes crazy just like Brian." Leighanne warned.
"No tattoos!" The three dads said in unison.
"Are you guys crazy? Do you have any idea how much three tattoos would cost me?" AJ told them.
"AJ.." Leigh trailed off in a warning tone.
"I'm kidding." AJ rolled his eyes.
"Bye guys!" Kristen said walking to the door after kissing Mason.
"Here is everything you need for James." Leigh said and handed it to him. "Bye sweet boy." 
"Behave yourself Baylee." Leighanne warned.
"I will mommy!" He smiled.
"Bye guys." AJ said as they walked to the door.
"No cussing!" All six adults said together.
AJ rolled his eyes. "Don't worry! We'll all be fine." He called as they closed the door.
"I hope." He said.
As if on cue James began to scream.