- Text Size +

CHAPTER 6

"Baylee! I told you to be careful!" AJ scolded.

"I was. Mason bumped into me trying to get out of the chair and I dropped it." Baylee explained.

"Mason, I told you to stay in the chair." AJ now scolded him.

"But I gots ta..."

"No, sit back in the chair like I told you to." AJ told him sternly.

"But Uncle AJ I gots ta..."

"Mason, I said sit!" AJ almost yelled.

Mason didn't say anything else he just got back in the chair.

AJ then grabbed a rag and began to clean up the glass and chocolate mess on the floor. He was thankful it was the kitchen floor and not his nice white carpet in the living room.

"I'm sorry about your cup." Baylee said.

"It wasn't your fault." AJ sighed.

"Was it special?" Baylee asked.

"It was part of a gift from Rochell's mom. Honestly I hate the da- the things." AJ was able to catch himself.

"Oh." Baylee replied.

"Uncle AJ..." Mason trailed off as AJ walked to the other side of the bar.

"Hang on Mas." AJ said washing his hands.

Suddenly Mason burst into tears.

"What'd I say?" AJ asked Baylee confused.

"Nothing. He had to go potty." Baylee said in a suspicious voice.

"What do you mean he HAD to go potty?" AJ was almost afraid to ask.

"Uh... well he don't have to go anymore." Baylee smiled nervous.

"Why?" AJ asked closing his eyes.

"Cause he went." Baylee told him.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!?!" AJ yelled as he noticed a puddle on the floor.

Mason started to cry harder.

Baylee hugged him tightly, "It's okay...Uncle AJ is just mean. You couldn't hold it because Uncle AJ wouldn't let you go..."

"I am NOT mean..." AJ said.

"YOU ARE ALWAYS YELLING AT US! WE'RE JUST KIDS! And you say bad words more than Uncle Nicky ever did...I mean he tried hard and he was good at trying...but you...not so good..." Baylee pointed out.

AJ's face softened, "You're right, I'm sorry...but does he have any extra clothes?"

"Nope!" Baylee said.

"Just great..." AJ mumbled. "Come on Mason... upstairs." AJ said.

Mason said nothing as he followed AJ up the stairs.

Baylee stayed with James.

"Alright pal, how about you put on one of my big shirts and I'll wash your stuff?" AJ asked.

"Blue?" Mason asked sniffling.

"You want a blue shirt?" AJ asked him.

Mason nodded.

"Alright, how about this one? It's blue." AJ held out a shirt with a skull on it.

Mason smiled.

"Alright, take that stuff off and put this on." AJ said giving him the shirt.

"You can't watch cause your not mommy or daddy or the doctor." Mason said.

"Right, uh, I'll just wait outside then but please don't touch anything. ok?"

"Ok." Mason nodded and AJ left.