- Text Size +

-AJ-

"Seriously, Kev, what is the big deal?" I asked as we were all gathered in his hotel suite. I sat on the big plush chair in the sitting area as once more Kevin had decided to go all 'big brother' on me about Aubrey; this time with the help of the other guys.

Kevin sighed, "AJ, we're just looking out for you. You getting involved with this girl would just be wrong."

"Why? Why is it so wrong?" I asked, standing to my feet. Kevin was pacing the room, obviously getting angry with me. "You seem to know it all Kev, so tell me. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't walk downstairs and talk to her?"

"J, Kevin is just concerned that she's a fan," Howie spoke up.

"Exactly, she's a fan! She's not interested in you for your personality, AJ. She's just interested in you because of who you are!" Kevin spoke, practically yelling.

"And how the hell could you possibly know that, Kevin?" I asked him. "Not all fans are obsessive and psychotic towards us. Maybe she's different, Kev." I had had enough of Kevin for one night. I made my way over to the door, turning before walking out. "If I get hurt, then I get hurt. Hell, it's won't be the first time." With that said, I walked out the door, slamming it behind me.

-Aubrey-

I may always say what's on my mind, but deep down I really am a shy girl. I did admire Mackenzie for just being able to go up and start a conversation with someone she'd never met before. I sat there just watching her interact with Alicia like that were old friends. I must have been zoning out because the next thing I knew I heard someone behind me clear their throat. I turned around and smiled. "Hi."

"Hi yourself." He made his way around the couch and sat down next to me. I had never been so nervous in my entire life. I guess he could sense that. He took my hand. "Why so quiet?"

I smiled. "I don't know. I guess this just feels a little surreal. I'm just waiting to wake up."

"You're not dreaming, Aubrey. This is very much real."

"So...why me?" I blurted out.

"Why not?" He shot back with a smile. I blushed. "So I hope that after we leave here that I can keep in touch with you. I'd love to take you out once this tour is over. We're not leaving for a couple days though, so maybe we could spend tomorrow together? I mean, I do have the whole day off." He sounded so cute and shy, I could barely handle it.

"I would love that." Like I would really say no.

"Great. Uhm, how about you meet me here around 11?" He stood up and helped me to my feet.

"That sounds good to me." Was this really happening? I felt like I needed to pinch myself. He leaned in and kissed my cheek. He let my hand go & started to head back to the elevator. I looked down at the small piece of paper her had left in my hand. It had his phone number and a note: 'Aubrey, I look forward to getting to know you better. -Alex'. I was almost giddy. I grabbed my purse & made my way over to Mackenzie, who was still talking Alicia's ear off.

"Oh, Aubrey, this is Nick's girlfriend, Allie." Mackenzie introduced. "And Allie, this is my best friend, Aubrey."

"Hi Aubrey, it's very nice to meet you."

"You too," I replied.

"So you're the one causing all the noise between Alex & Kevin?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not that I know of," I said. I really didn't know how to take what Allie had said. I'm sure she had figured that out by the look on my face.

She smiled. "Oh no, it's not a bad thing. Kevin is just a bit overprotective of Alex. Give it some time."

"Oh, well Alex & I are just getting to know each other, that's all." I told her.

She nodded. "Yeah, so were Nick & I." She winked at me. "It was great to meet you both, but I better get back upstairs. I'm sure i'll see you both soon though."

"Bye Allie!" Mackenzie said, waving as Allie walked away. "So that's a pretty good sign, Aub, if she even sees something between you two."

"Yeah, well I guess after tomorrow we'll find out. He asked me to spend the day with him."

"Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you!" She exclaimed & gave me a hug.

I laughed. "Thanks. Now let's get out of here, I'm going to need my beauty sleep." With that we headed out & I went home. If I thought today was the most amazing day of my life, I couldn't wait to see what tomorrow had to bring. One thing I knew for certain was that I would be having some sweet dreams tonight.