- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter. Only a few more left to go....the drama continues ;) Feedback is appreciated, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Chapter 41




"What do you mean, he loves someone else?" Tracy asked. Lance sat down at the table again and continued the conversation. Part of her wanted to throw him the hell out and tell him to fuck himself, but the curious side of her wanted to know why Nick was being so distant to her.

"He's been in love with Amanda since as long as I can remember." Lance replied, folding his hands together, tapping his thumbs on the table top.

"How do you know this?" Tracy asked, her back facing him as she poured herself a cup of tea. She was so much different from Nick, he liked coffee....she didn't. He liked to clean up, she was a little messy. Maybe there were too many differences, just too many differences....

"Nick and Amanda have history together. He was her date to prom, he was her first kiss." Lance said. Now that he thought about it....Nick had taken so many moments he didn't feel important.

"That doesn't mean he loves her." Tracy said, rolling her eyes.

"They've slept together. Quite a few times....she's cheated on me with him, and you know what they say- once a cheater, always a cheater." he told her. The expression on her face said it all....she was falling for it. Hook, line and sinker.

"He slept with her? You mean he's not a virgin? Nick said he was waiting until he got married like I was."

Virgin? Lance almost laughed but disguised it with a cough. Nick was FAR from being a virgin.

"I'm afraid not.....I don't know why he'd lie to you like that. Especially when Nick is usually so honest. Amanda, on the other hand, well....she's keeping a lot of secrets. I'm shocked that someone claiming to be your best friend withheld this information from you." he said softly, a hand on Tracy's shoulder as she looked down at the table, her green eyes glistening.

"So that's why he won't say he loves me. He's in love with her....why isn't he with her then?" she whispered.

"Because she's married to me. If you want Nick's attention you need to fight for him. Mark your territory and show him who's in charge. He's been using you as a consolation for not being with my wife. I'm so sorry."

He smirked a bit when she wasn't looking, that was a great lie....even for him. Lance knew damn well Amanda wanted to leave him. He'd been trying for a baby to cement their marriage. A baby would tie them together forever. Lance sat with Tracy for a long time, pretending to console her, but in reality he was feeding her anger towards Amanda and Nick. Now that his plan was in action, all he had to do was let nature take its course.



"Again, from the top, Nick." Amanda said as Nick's band finished playing.

"I'm getting a little tired." Nick said, drinking from the water bottle resting under his stool and wiping his forehead.

"Opening night is tomorrow. We have to be ready, I want everything to be perfect."


"Amanda? Do you ever get the feeling that your life isn't going how it is supposed to be?" Nick asked.

Amanda looked at him, trying to think of a good answer for that but it never came.

"I don't think so. Do you feel that way?"

"Kinda. Like something is missing." Nick said. Did she dare to think he meant her? Or that she felt the same about him? Amanda often thought she made a mistake marrying Lance and wished for a way out....but she knew her and Nick wouldn't happen. She wasn't bold enough to steal him away, especially from Tracy. Amanda and Tracy had been good friends for a long time....she couldn't hurt her like that.


"Let's get back to work." Nick said shortly after, picking up his guitar again and leaving her to her own thoughts.




Amanda was nervous.

Opening night had finally arrived, all that she had been preparing for had come together. Nick arrived early that night holding the clothes she had picked for him in a plastic clothing bag....seeing her running around.

"You ready for tonight? Today's the big day." he smirked as he handed her the coffee he brought her.

"Mmm. Thanks, Nick. I really needed this, I've been here all day setting up for tonight. We are expecting a big crowd with you being here." Amanda said, taking a grateful sip. She had named the nightclub The Blue Banana after a club she'd seen in a movie.

"Go on and get ready. You know where your dressing room is." she smiled.

"Tracy was excited for tonight, we went shopping for dresses last night. She can't wait to see the place."

"That's nice of her. Lance is coming too. I hope he doesn't try to start anything....he's not happy I hired you." Amanda pointed out. She watched Nick go to his dressing room and continued to watch her employees set up for the night.



"Where is Nick, anyway?" Tracy asked once she had arrived backstage. She wore a blue dress that sparkled and simple shoes. Lance stood nearby, wearing a dark suit and white buttoned down shirt.

"Must be getting ready for the show." Lance muttered. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted Amanda, wearing a long black dress....she looked stunning.

"You look nice tonight." he commented as she kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you, so do you. Did you see all those people out there? Business is booming already." Amanda beamed. Nick strolled out in the middle of their conversation, and Lance stopped talking to look. Nick's hair fell in strands framing his face, he wore black leather pants that accented his body....and a white shirt with a black tank top underneath.

"Nickolas, what did I tell you about covering up? The whole point of this outfit is showing off." Amanda said, leaving her husband to scold him. Lance's eyes narrowed as he watched Amanda's hand moving across Nick's chest, smoothing his shirt and opening it slightly.

"Amanda, come on...." Nick blushed. Lance noticed Tracy was looking at them, as if she was remembering what he had told her. Her arms were folded across her chest, Lance could tell she wad definitely thinking about it.

"Well, I guess you could leave it on to take off later. The crowd should enjoy that." Amanda laughed. She was so nervous that she began to adjust Nick more without meaning to, tugging at his shirt and pants....moving his hair. Nick smiled when her hand grazed his thigh but quickly changed his expression. Unfortunately, the slight bulge forming in his pants said otherwise.

"I seriously doubt that it mentions groping your employee in his contract." Lance commented.

"I am not groping him.....get that idea out of your head." Amanda said, her hands on her hips.

"Then what would you call it? In front of his girlfriend too, you should be ashamed of yourself."

"Lance, this is a big night for me. Don't ruin it." Amanda hissed. Nick opened his mouth to speak but Amanda rushed him towards the stage.

"You'd better go, it's show time. Break a leg." she said, patting him on the butt as he walked. Nick hurried off, his ears tinted pink.

"How could you do this to me?" Lance shouted. The two of them were face to face, screaming at each other.

"I don't need this shit from you. GET OUT!!!" Amanda snapped, throwing her hands in the air. She was so tired of Lance accusing her of cheating, but could she blame him for thinking it?

"You wouldn't do it." Lance laughed. He was surprised when Charlie, her bouncer came and escorted him out as he screamed at her.

"Can you believe him?" Amanda asked, turning to Tracy. Tracy shook her head and simply walked away to watch Nick's show....leaving Amanda to herself.

What was going on with everyone?