- Text Size +
I was having an amazing time! I couldn't believe that AJ McLean and Nick Carter were paying attention to me and actually laughing at my stories. I was feeling good and welcomed in the group. Howie and his wife were very sweet to me and they kindly introduced me to Kevin Richardson.

He was very nice and polite, but he didn't really bother sticking around to chat, specially after Nancy was all over him with a camera right on his face. He was not amused.

Howie rolled his eyes and told me a little bit about Nancy “Gee, thanks. I'm sharing the bus with her, Howie” I said laughing and Howie did the same. Shortly after, he excused himself and went somewhere else.

The event was finally over. I had a round of welcomes and good-nights from people around me and then I joined John and the other 3 people on the way to our bus. I let everybody in before me so I could take a peek at the guys and crew getting into their buses.

Brian had a pretty busy bus, besides his family members, he had a nanny and a member of Wylee Bags to help Leighanne with her business. Yes, after all these years she was still selling purses outside her husband public events.

Howie and his family had also their own bus while Nick was sharing his with Lauren, AJ and his wife.

I was smoking next to my bus just watching the craziness around me. “You know that this will end up killing ya, don't ya?” Kevin was taking a turn to get into his bus as it was parked next to mine. “Thanks for the heads up” we both laughed. I stomp on my cigarette butt and finally headed inside.

AJ told me earlier that Kevin was traveling alone and would share his bus with their manager. His kid wasn't home-schooled like Baylee so he had to attend actual classes. I'm sure that was being hard on him, suddenly finding himself away from his family, I felt sorry for him.

I took a quick shower in the smallest bathroom ever, changed into my PJ's and finally rested my tired body in the little, but somehow, comfy bunk bed. The bus finally took off on its way to Sunbury, in Pennsylvania.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After six and a half hours on the road, the buses finally parked at the venue where the band was going to perform later in the evening. The sun was coming out and the sky had a beautiful orange color. Kevin was up already, he went to the small kitchen to fix himself some coffee and he had planned to go back to bed when he heard footsteps outside his bus.

He quietly opened the small bus window and put his head outside just to see snappy girl holding a fuming cup of coffee walking to the side of bus in the now full out sunshine ahead of them. She was dressed in what seemed to be a PJ lousy pants, a NYU sweater and her long messy brown hair was down almost reaching her waist.

Kevin watched as Aline put her now empty mug on the floor, fixed her sweater and opened her arms letting the warmth of the morning sun embrace her whole body. He shook his head while closing the small window and went back to bed.

It has become a ritual to her since she visited India for the first time. It wouldn't matter how late she went to bed, she would get up early to see the first rays of sunshine of the day, open her arms and let it shine down on her, then she would be ready to begin her day.

Aline went back inside the bus and looked around, and heard John snoring. She laughed and turned on her laptop to start writing. She knew she would be fully awake in a couple of minutes. She didn't like spending most of her days sleeping.

Sometime later in the morning, Aline was now showered and dressed but still working on her computer “Wow, you're already up. And Working. And smiling. What's wrong with you college people?” Nancy was now up. “Well, good morning to you too” Aline laughed and looked a the clock in her computer screen, it was 9:30 AM “and by the way...” Aline continued “I'm not college people, I'm a Post Grad with honors. I know, thank you” Aline playfully winked at Nancy as she rolled her eyes and served herself with coffee.

Aline closed her laptop and looked outside the bus, there were already people working around the venue and as some catering staff took food inside the venue, she realized how hungry she was so she decided to go have breakfast and John followed her on the way “Aren't you bringing your camera and notepad? The sooner your start working, the sooner you'll have free time” Aline laughed and stuck her hands in the back-pockets of her jeans “I am working, just not the same way you are”

John laughed. he found her to be extremely charming and a pleasant company for this trip. They were walking in silence crossing the parking lot towards the venue when Baylee and James passed by them running with a very breathless Brian and Leigh going after them.

“Good morning, Oh and get used to this” Brian said laughing and running non stop. Leigh stopped to catch her breath and greeted Aline and John. “Oh good, shall we have breakfast now?” Leigh said and smiled when she saw Brian holding Baylee in one had and James under his left arm. John took a picture of that moment and looked at Aline, she just shook her head and smiled at him.