- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the lack of updates y'all! here's a new chapter, hope you like it!
After I called my mom, I returned to the room where the guys were getting ready to begin their circle of prayer. I was leaning against a wall when Leighanne nodded my way, inviting me to join them.

I'm pretty sure I went pale as I felt the blood draining out of my face. I shook my head no, trying not to look panicked “Are you kidding me? Go!” I heard Nancy whispering next to me. I didn't have time to answer as I felt Brian's hand on mine, and he basically shoved me between him and Lighanne. We laughed and Brian started to pray.

When Brian was done, he gave me a hug. I wished him good luck and just watched as everybody else started their rounds of hugs. I was feeling a little out of place, so I decided to leave and when I turned around to do so, my eyes met Kevin's.

He was just standing there looking at me. I tried to hide the fact that I was really emotional and holding back some tears that were ready to scape my eyes. I extended my hand for him to shake, said something I don't remember now and finally left.

I think I freaked out when I looked at him. I don't know why, maybe I was afraid he would snap at me or something but he didn't.

I finally took my place right in front of the stage in the audience, I was really excited to be seeing them live in such an exclusive way, it was like a dream come true. No need to say how amazing the concert was.

We had a little party going on backstage after the concert and I was having a blast. AJ and Nick were picking on me when they realized I was a fan, I couldn't stop laughing, they were incredibly nice and sweet.

Howie came up with the idea of going to a fancy bar near the venue, everybody was up, except for Kevin. I watched as he excused himself and left. I looked at my watch and when I was about to leave, Leigh – Howie's wife – came up to me “Hey Ally, wanna join us?” I looked at her surprised and she went on whispering “Just don't tell Nancy and the other people ok? We'll meet you outside Brian's bus at 11” She winked and smiled, and I finally understood why the hell she was whispering.

Nancy was indeed persona non grata – I laughed and went back to the bus to get dressed.


I had a great time with them, we danced and had a few drinks. I was shocked to see Brian's wife dancing with him, they are such a hot couple and even though Leighanne was way over forty, bitch still got it. Nick and Lauren left early, she was feeling really sick, I'm sure a smoky bars are a bad idea for a pregnant lady.

We hung out for a couple of hours and then hurried back to the venue, the buses were leaving in 20 minutes. As soon as I stepped in the bus, the driver smiled at me and we finally took off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I woke up, I realized the bus was parked, so I got up from the bed and went to the small living area to look out the window. The sun was not out completely, so I smiled and started my daily ritual. A few minutes later, I had my fuming cup of coffee in hand and my body being blessed by the sun's warmth. I stood there with my mind racing with so many thoughts, I smiled when the memory of them calling me Ally came up. It was Leigh's idea, maybe Aline was hard for them to pronounce? I don't know and I don't care, I think it's cute. I like it.

My thoughts were interrupted when the driver arrived and warned me that we still had a two-hour drive ahead of us. I headed back to the bus and started to work on my laptop. For some reason I still had Kevin on my mind and I caught myself Google-ing him. I didn't know what exactly I was looking for, but there must be a reason why he was such a serious dude.

I knew he was not very fond of the press. I knew he was excited to be back. I knew he was missing his family, and that he had never left his son for such a long period of time. But I also knew what a great man he was and I could confirm that when he looked deep into my eyes last night.

“Come back to life, Kevin” I thought to myself as I closed my laptop and went to get dressed for another day of work.