- Text Size +
Story Notes:

(This photo prompted me to write a quickie! Hope you enjoy it!)

It started out an ordinary day at work. My co-worker Conner and I had been busy setting out CDs and DVDs and trying to keep things tidy. The few customers we did have were terribly messy ones. Conner was taking care of the customer service while I worked the freight. I was intent on my work and didn't notice the customers that came in to the electronics department, unless they got in my way. "Hey Ambrosia, I think you have a customer over by the iPods," Conner said with his usual mischievous grin. "Con, I thought you were taking care of the customers? Why do I have to do it?" I whined. "You'll see. I think you'll want to help this customer," his grin widening.

I reluctantly made my way over to the iPod station. Leaning over the display case, I saw a guy a few inches taller than me with a ball cap pulled down low over his eyes. Putting on my 'Welcome to Super-Mart, How may I help you?' smiley face, I approached him.

"Hi. Is there something I can help you with?" I asked from across the case.

"Yeah. My mp3 player bit the dust and I need to replace it," he drawled in a soft accent. Something struck me as being familiar, but I dismissed it, assuming it was probably a customer I had previously talked with.

Suddenly he looked up at me. Peering out from under the ball cap were the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I had ever seen! I instantly knew it was Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys. He flashed a genuine grin and I thought I would faint. I quickly recovered from and hid my initial shock, all while reminding myself to thank Conner for this.

"Well, tell me what you would like, and I'll see what I can do for you."

His eyes widened. I cringed as soon as I said it, realizing the double meaning. My face turned a nice shade of crimson and he let loose with a chuckle that eased his tension about being in public alone.

"I meant with the mp3 players," I stammered, afraid he would assume I was after him because of who he was.

"Yeah, I knew what you meant. It's just nice to see a lady that still blushes. Most women I meet wouldn't have been referring to the iPods. Hi. My name is Brian," he extended his hand and I accepted it.

"Nice to meet you Brian, I'm Ambrosia. Now, what kind of features are you most interested in?" I asked. Once again, his eyebrows shot up in a suggestive manner and I blushed again. I couldn't help but laugh at the turn our conversation kept taking.

 "Okay, I am going to just let you talk. I seem to be chewing my foot here," I laughed at myself. Brian explained what he was looking for and soon we had found one with exactly what he needed. He was really at ease and quite easy to talk to, laughing at little jokes we shared. As we made our way toward the register, he said, "I'm not quite done shopping yet. Is it okay if I leave this here and I'll come back here to pay for it when I am done?"

"Of course," I answered.

"Yeah, Ambrosia would be happy to hold it for you, wouldn't you Am?" Conner offered, referring to the mp3 player. Brian and I looked at each other and cracked up laughing. Conner had no idea the previous 'mixed messages' I had sent to Brian and this just finished us off.

"What?!" Conner said, "You do that for customers all the time!" He still didn't get the double meaning his offer suggested. Brian and I laughed harder.

"And to think, I have wasted all this time shopping in Wal-Mart!" Brian laughed. "I'll be back in just a bit" he winked at me, then left.

As soon as he was gone, I grabbed Conner by the arm. "Oh my God Con, do you know who that was?!" I said as quietly as I could in my excitement.

"Just some guy I figured you would think was good looking. That's why I had you wait on him," he replied with a shrug of his shoulders.

"JUST SOME GUY?....Come here!" I nearly dragged Con over to the "B" section of our CDs. I thrust 'This Is Us' into his face and said, "LOOK! Second guy from the left. Does he look familiar to you?"

"What? No way. Not here in Super-Mart. Not a chance," he said, but he kept looking at the picture and looking back up at me. "Oh man, it is him! How cool!"

"Holy crap, I think I forgot to breathe!" I laughed. I could barely concentrate on my work, knowing Brian was coming back to my department before he left the store. This was a once in a lifetime event, and I was trying to store it all in my memory, every little detail. Conner had gone on break and I was nearly bouncing off the walls trying to keep myself calm.

In just minutes (but it seemed like hours) Brian returned with a shopping cart full! He had a blanket, pop, dog food, juice boxes, junk food, a new ball hat, playing cards, and tons of trinkets, mostly from the toy department.

"Well, you're sure doing your share to keep us in business, aren't you?" I laughed. He chuckled too,

"Yeah, you never know when you might need all this stuff!"

"So, you are going to NEED this bouncy ball with the smiley face?" I teased, pulling the small yellow ball out of his cart.

"No, that one I don't NEED. That is something I WANT," he explained.

"Ok..." I answered.

"You see, I WANT something to remind me of Super-Mart. I met this really beautiful, nice lady there one time."

"Oh," I answered, assuming he meant someone else.

"Yeah. One of the last ladies in the world that still blushes," he laughed, his eyes all crinkled up with a big smile showing his beautiful white teeth. He suddenly took the ball from me as I rang it up and looked me straight in the eye as he placed a kiss on the ball in a grand gesture. Seeing him do this was my undoing. My knees became weak, my mouth dry and my panties wet. I could only imagine him kissing me with that intensity. And not just my lips either. Brian noticed the charged energy his simple joking gesture caused and his gaze became heated as well. We were both quiet, our eyes locked in a visual embrace. Words weren't needed.

"Am, break time for you. You have to take an hour lunch," Conner chimed as he came back to the department, breaking the magical spell between Brian and me.

"Oh ,yeah. Dinner," I stammered, still shaken by the feelings that had suddenly consumed me.

"Here, I'll finish bagging up his stuff for you," Con offered.

"You get a break right now?" Brian asked me, once again in the light banter we had been having.

"Yes. It's my dinner break. An hour is always way too much time. I'm usually bored," I replied.

"Well, why don't you go get your things, and with all this stuff I just bought, we could have a picnic somewhere nearby. I'll even let you listen to my iPod," he offered, hoping to persuade me. What he didn't know is a herd of elephants couldn't have kept me away!

"Sure, that sounds like fun. As long as you weren't offering me the kibble...." I retorted, this sparking another round of laughter from him.

"It's a deal, Ambrosia. I'll meet you outside after I put some of this away in my car."

"Ok Brian. I'll be right out," I quickly answered as I took off to my locker.

We walked behind the store and found the perfect spot to picnic, just in front of the woods. It was far enough away you couldn't hear any traffic; just the birds and squirrels from the woods. I put down the OSU blanket he had purchased and he pulled the food and drinks from the shopping bags. We made a lot of light small talk during our binge. I never mentioned being a huge Backstreet Boys fan, but I'm sure he knew I knew who he was. He seemed to appreciate me treating him like any other guy. He talked about how much he liked the rural area in which I lived, saying it reminded him of home. In no time at all, 45 minutes had passed.

"Oh no! I have to be back in a few minutes," I sadly lamented.

"Wow! I can't believe we've been here almost an hour! It sure went fast," he admitted. He became pensive as I started cleaning up our litter.

"Ambrosia, you don't know how much this has meant to me. It has been so long since I have just let everything go and sat down to have a picnic. Thanks for coming with me. I have a feeling the company was 90% of it," he blushed with his confession. I laughed, making him look up at me.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked, smiling himself.

"Well, it's not every day that I meet a guy that still blushes. I wasn't sure they existed anymore," I laughed, recalling what he had said earlier. He too laughed as we stood up to fold the blanket. We each had a hold of one end and as we came close together to fold it, our hands touched, sending a charge through us both. I looked into his eyes, reading his emotions. I couldn't breathe. He slowly leaned in to delicately touch my lips with his own soft, warm, moist ones. He gave me several small gentle kisses. I was so enthralled, I dropped the blanket, but we didn't notice. My fingers found their way to the curls at the nape of his neck. He tenderly placed his hand on my jaw and kissed me again, this time a deeper, more intense kiss. His tongue lightly licked my lips and I opened my mouth to him. Our tongues passionately danced with one another. Finally pulling back, he bestowed several more kisses on my willing lips before resting his forehead on mine, both of us gasping for air.

"If I had known that this is what Super-Mart meant by 'Satisfaction Guaranteed', I would have been here a LONG time ago!" he dead panned. We both erupted in laughter as we gathered all the things up. When we got to his car, we put everything in the trunk. He hesitantly reached for my hand and brought it to his lips.

"Ambrosia, thank you for a wonderful evening. I never knew shopping could be so fun. I have to go now, but you can be sure, I'll be back. Have a good night, Sweet Lady," he whispered as he leaned in to kiss me one last time before he left.

"Good night, Brian," I answered as he got into his car and drove out of the parking lot.