- Text Size +

Laney and Brian were preparing to leave the tour briefly; it was time to sign the paperwork for their new house. They waited at the airport together, Brian watching Laney as she sat reading a book.  After the negative test she’d gone back to her normal self.  He was happy to see that she wasn’t letting the negative results get to her.

“Can you believe it Bri?” She asked. “Our dream house!”  She smiled broadly at her husband as the announcement came over the speaker announcing that it was time for them to board the plane.  Laney grabbed hold of her carryon bag, and made her way towards the line with Brian close behind her.   They had been lucky and they had been unnoticed as they had waited but Laney knew it couldn’t last. 

“Brian?” A female voice questioned as they waited in line. 

Brian and Laney turned their heads to see a petite young woman standing in the seating area.  “It is you.” She smiled and approached.  “I know you are in line but can I get a picture really fast?”

Brian looked at the girl, hesitant to say yes, what if he did and someone noticed and more fans came over?  He didn’t want to miss the flight because he had taken one picture.

“Brian, just lean in close.” Laney whispered and quickly snapped the picture of them.

“Thank you so much,” the young woman smiled and returned to her place as if nothing had just happened.   Brian looked around quickly and noticed that no one else was coming his way.  Even though he didn’t want to have to deal with a crowd or being mobbed he felt somewhat disappointed that no one else seemed to have noticed.

Laney’s laugh brought his eyes back to her.  He could tell by how she was looking at him that she knew he was a little disappointed there was no mob.   They handed their boarding passes to the attendant and walked to their seats on the plane.  Brian shoved their carryon bags into the overhead bins and sat down next to his wife, pulling his hat down low and turning to look out the window.  Even though the other passengers would not have to walk through first class to get to their seats he still covered as much of his face as he could out of habit. 

“I made an appointment with my doctor while I am home, after you leave again.” Laney blurted out as the plan was being taxied to the runway. 

“What for?” Brian asked taking his wife’s hand.

“I want to start the Clomid.” She announced in a quiet but firm tone. 

“Can we discuss this when we get home?” Brian asked.  He wasn’t opposed to the idea if Laney wanted to give a try, he just didn’t want someone to catch wind of their conversation and post the information for thousands of fans to read and pick apart.

“We can, but my mind is made up.” Laney said before opening her book and immersing herself in the words on the page. She knew she was being unfair to her husband, they had agreed to not use drugs but it had been several months of trying on their own. It wasn’t that she wasn’t enjoying the trying, making love to Brian was always a pleasure but she was sure that it shouldn’t take as long as it was to get pregnant.  

“Okay,” Brian mumbled before putting his headset on and leaning back in his seat.  He knew this was coming.  Even though they discussed not using drugs, neither one of them wanted multiples as their first child he knew that it was only a matter of time before they started to look for outside help. 

The rest of the plane ride was silent between them and when they arrived home they went different directions to relax.  Brian moved to his game console hoping that he could call Nick to join him for some simulated warfare.   He was sure Laney had simply moved into their bedroom or the reading room and would continue reading the book she had with her on the plane, or as she sometimes did after traveling, would be taking a bath.

Neither one wanted to really talk about what she had started talking about on the plane.  There would be no point in discussing it further.  Laney would see the doctor about getting put on Clomid and he was sure she’d be on it while she was with him on tour.  He was glad to have something to shoot at on the television, though he didn’t typically enjoy these types of games because they glorified warfare, he was thankful for the distraction that night.

The next morning Laney beat Brian up and was cooking breakfast as he got out of bed.  “Breakfast burritos?” He asked as his mouth watered smelling the cooking bacon.

“Yes sir,” Laney replied turning to face him. “Can’t go sign for our new house on an empty stomach.  Sustenance is required.”  

Brian wrapped his arms around Laney’s waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.  “Smells delicious.”  He reached into the pan with the bacon and quickly pulled a piece out blowing on it quickly before popping it in his mouth. 

Laney bumped him with her hip to reprimand him for taking the food.  “Will you get the salsa out please?” She asked him.

“What will you give me?” He managed to ask without losing the bacon from his mouth.

“Gross, don’t talk with food in your mouth.”

Brian chewed faster and swallowed smiling at his wife.  “What will you give me?” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“My undying love and affection.” She responded and turned back to the pan.

“I already have that,” He pulled her close and kissed her neck.

“Brian, food.” She reached around and smacked his butt.

“Fine, I know where I stand.”  Brian got the salsa out of the fridge and set it on the counter with the other items they would use to make their breakfast burritos.  They took turns piling their tortillas with eggs, bacon, hash browns and various vegetables that Laney had precut.  They finished and barely got all the food away before Brian noticed that they were running behind for the closing.

The twosome left quickly and managed to make it to the offices the closing would be at in record time.  “I won’t tell anyone you were speeding,” Laney teased as she pulled out her phone and tweeted about Brian speeding. 

“Give me that?” Brian tried to swipe the phone away from her but she was too quick. 

“Send,” She said and smirked.

Brian pulled managed to catch her and pull her close.  “You know how the fans will react to that.”

Laney gasped and wrapped her arms around him gasping.  “They will think you are human after all?” She laughed and kissed his nose before releasing him and heading into the office.  

The signing took longer than they hoped and their wrists were tired of signing their names to the several pages of paperwork but they both felt it was worth it when they received the keys to the house when they were finished.

“I can’t believe the house is ours,” Laney said as they left the offices on their way back home. 

“Want to go there now?” Brian asked.  They had taken possession of the house as soon as the paperwork was finished.  No waiting any extra time, the house was theirs. 

“Yes,” Laney breathed out like she’d been holding in asking if they could go see the house. They wouldn’t officially be living in the house until after the next couple of weeks, Laney still had plenty to pack up and then call the movers to help them move.  

Brian was amused at the apparent growing excitement on Laney’s face as they approached the house.  “Here we are.” Brian said as he rushed out of the car to the front door.

“Hey,” Laney called out upset that Brian was trying to beat her inside the house, he hadn’t even forewarned her to get a head start.  She was almost to the porch when he turned back leaving the door open. 

“Welcome home Mrs. Littrell,” He whispered as he picked her up and carried her through the door gently setting her down in the foyer. 

Laney looked around the house smiling before turning back to Brian.  Taking him by both hands she pulled him into the front room pulling him to the floor with her.  “It’s only right we break the house in properly.” She whispered before kissing him passionately.

Chapter End Notes:

sorry for the filler chapter, I hope it wasn't too boring.