- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 

 

 


“You are so weird,” Nick says as Elizabeth and I pile into our seats. 

 

“How am I weird? Glee is awesome.” It bogles my mind how anyone could not see how awesome that show is, especially someone who is a music major like Nick.

 

“It’s crap.” 

 

“Elizabeth, what do you think? Glee is awesome and Nick needs to stop being a neanderthal and embrace the awesomeness, or, hmmm, well there really isn’t an or in this scenario?” I can always count on Elizabeth.

 

“It’s crap”, Elizabeth states, while giving Nick a smile.

 

“You both suck”, and I thought girlfriends were always suppose to have each others backs. Bros before hoes, or vice versa as the case may be. With a nicer word than hoes. 

 

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” Marcus asks us as he meanders into class with the rest of his friends. 

 

“Marcus.” And that was all it took. Nick simply says his name and Marcus, and his posse of brainless drones, walk off. They give Nick the guy head nod for acknowledgement and then walk off. Like magic. 

 

“I’m sorry about that ladies. I’ll talk to him after class. I thought I had settled it, but it looks like he needs reminding.” With that simple statement, Nick has become our savior. 

 

A Few Weeks Ago

 

Nick has been sitting with us every class since the first day. We even have gotten together for lunch some days. Elizabeth and I have learned that Nick lives with his best friend Alex and is a music major, but likes history so has decided to make that his minor. He likes the color green, wants to one day live on a beach, and it terrified of flying. And best of all, he is a gentleman. He opens doors for us, asks if he can carry Elizabeth’s books for her, and sticks up for me when the pretty people decided they are bored and need a little entertainment.

“Hey Zooey, you wanna suck my cock, oh wait, that’s right, Mother Teresa doesn’t suck cock, do you? You pretend, you play the part, but when it comes down to it, you are still nothing but a tease,” Marcus, captain of the football team, screams across the quad.

Of course Marcus’s whole crew laughs at this, while the girls who they are sitting with sneer at me. Knowing that if I happen to decide to suck someone’s cock that they will more than likely lose a boyfriend or two. College football stars are not known for their great monogamy skills. Nick is friends with Marcus and his crew. They all go to parties together, hang out on Friday nights at the sports bar on campus watching football and making bets. Do the typical pretty people guy stuff that only really appeals to them. 

“Marcus, shut the hell up. You’re just pissed that when you offered your dick up she was smart enough to tell you to go fuck yourself,” Nick screams back before I can say anything. Not that I would ever say anything to begin with, but it was nice to have someone jump to my defense. 

“Oh man, you know I’m just playing with her. Nothing serious. Right guys?” Marcus likes Nick because apparently Nick’s family is super influential. Nick’s dad is a lawyer and Marcus’s brother is in law school right now, hoping the Marcus’s connection with Nick will be his ticket into Nick’s dad’s law firm. Especially since his grades suck and there have been a few complaints from women regarding his grabby hands.

“I didn’t think it was funny. Did you think it was funny?” Nick asks while looking in our direction. Of course we didn’t think it was funny, especially considering we knew the reason behind Marcus’s comments. Our blank stares must have been answer enough though, since Nick kept going.

“I didn’t think so. Why don’t you grow up Marcus? We aren’t in high school anymore and shit that people thought was cool then is definitely not cool now.” By know the entire quad has stopped to listen, everyone wondering what Marcus will say to that, and what exactly is going on between Nick and the nobodys.

“Shit man, I’m sorry ok. We still cool? You’re still coming to the party tonight?” Marcus asks, almost as if he is speaking to a parent who just reprimanded him and not to a supposed friend who simply has a soft spot for the little people.

“Of course I’ll be there, I never miss a good party”.

Present

 

“So Elizabeth, Zooey, you ladies doing anything special tonight?” Nick asks as we are packing up our stuff. I am thanking the Lord that it is Friday, which means that I have a whole two days before I have to return to this hell hole.

 

“We were just going to have a girl’s night in, nothing too special”, Elizabeth answers, “It is the same thing we do every Friday night. Kinda like our own little tradition.”

 

“And that is exactly why I am asking this, wanna go to a party?” 

 

“We don’t exactly mesh well with your friends Nick, I don’t think it is a good idea.” I say as nicely as possible even though what I really want to do is smack him over the head and ask if he is crazy.

 

“It isn’t a party they will be at. My roommate is throwing it at a club in town, and while I was suppose to go with someone, they ditched me with someone who has a nicer accent. And so, I thought to myself, who else would I want to go with to this party? And you know what I thought to myself?” Nick questions us. 

 

“That maybe the real reason your date ditched you was because she found out how weird you are and did the only thing she could do, run”. I say, trying hard to keep the smile off of my face.

 

“No, but nice try on the whole insult thing, you may want to try not to look so proud of yourself next time. I thought, who better to hang out with than the two best girls I know, you guys”. Nick says, all the while acting like we should be so honored he offered. 

 

“Sure, I mean, if Zooey wants too” Elizabeth exclaims, she appears to be going for nonchalance, and is failing miserably. 

 

“Yea, I guess, how bad can it be? Hell, we might actually have fun.” 

 

And with that it is settled. Nick will pick us up at 8 for the night of our lives. If only we would have known before hand what was to happen, maybe Elizabeth and I would have decided that doing the same boring thing every Friday night wasn’t as bad as we thought.