- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for all the awesome reviews!  Hope you enjoy this next chapter!

This is my now, this is my today 

No more sitting on the side waiting for my chance to play 

Time to step out, so much to say 

But I'll never get the chance if I don't break away 

And write my own symphony, write my own symphony 

I gotta write my own symphony, write my own symphony 

Just let me write my own symphony

"Symphony"

-Marie Digby

 

--Laurel--

Laurel ran out of her dorm room, she was running late for her hip-hop class that was off campus.  She had been taking as many dance classes as she could, she wanted people to know her for her dancing talent, not for being a princess.

 

"Hey! Where are you going?" her room mate Andrea called after her.

 

"I have an appointment, I'll be back after dinner!" she replied.  

 

No one knew she was taking extra classes, because it was against policy at SoAB.  She could get expelled, although she highly doubted they would do anything, in the 6 months she had been enrolled at SoAB enrollment had gone up 150%, or so she heard.  People wanted to be seen with Princess Diana's daughter.  Luckily, the students all treated her like a normal teenager.

 

Laurel ran into the dance studio at Broadway Dance Center, she knew she was late but why wasn't anyone in the studio?

 

She walked down to the receptionist, "Excuse me, is the 4pm hip-hop class not meeting today?"

 

"Laurel! They're in Studio C, the whole class is auditionin' for a gig," the receptionist explained in her Jersey accent.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Whatcha' didn't understand me?  Here doll, let me explain it to ya. Get your cute ass in there and dance like ya never danced before."

 

"Ok, thank you," all of a sudden Laurel was nervous.  An audition?  Sure she had auditioned numerous times before for ballet related auditions, but never for hip hop.  She was a white girl from Britain, hip-hop was definitely not her forte.

 

As she walked into Studio C she saw a table lined up with 6 seats.  Her friend Candice ran up to her, "OMG Laurel!!!  We're auditioning for the Backstreet Boys!"

 

"Who?"

 

"OMG, you're from Britain not Siberia. Jeez, they're the incredibly gorgeous pop group who is known around the world."

 

"Oh, well cool. I can't do anything with them so I don't think I'm going to audition," Laurel looked at the ground.  She seemed to be the only one in the class who wasn't star struck by the pop group.

 

"What? Are you insane!  You have to audition. What is your dad going to do to you? Make you go back to jolly ole' England? I know you, and if you had to go back there you would make all of your family members lives a living hell until you got to come back."

 

"True," Laurel smiled. "But still I could get kicked out of SoAB, and then where would I go?"

 

"You could live with me!" Candice jumped up and down.  "Come on, we all have to do it.  We're doing the routine to Control."

 

It was then that both of the girls noticed everyone was ready for the audition to start.  They got into their starting positions.  It was now or never for Laurel, if she was ever going to make a name for herself outside of being a royal princess.

 

 

--Nick--

 

He didn't want to be at this audition.  He hated these things, sure the girls were pretty to look at but honestly he didn't care who he danced with on the next stupid tour.

 

He sat at the table doodling on the casting list, Kevin nudged him, "Would you please pay attention and at least act interested?"

 

"Why?" Nick questioned.  "I don't even want to go on this damn tour, or do another damn performance," everyone looked at Nick, who obviously was talking louder than he should have been.  "Sorry," he said going back to doodling.

 

When the music started Nick looked up.  He figured Kevin was right and he should at least act interested, and not like a complete jackass.  He saw a blonde girl in the front who was obviously leading the group.  She was good, not your typical hip-hop dancer.  She also looked vaguely familiar to him.

 

About halfway through the song, Nick's mystery blonde had a solo.  She was right in front of Nick, and gave him a seducing smile.  He could tell she was his age, gorgeous, and extremely talented.

 

"Damn, she's fine," he heard A.J. whisper.

 

"Back off man, she's mine," Nick countered.

 

A.J. laughed, "We'll see about that."

 

When the audition was over Nick and A.J. practically ran over to the blonde dancer, who was sitting in the corner stretching.

 

"Hi," Nick said out of breath as he pushed A.J. out of the way.

 

"Hi," the mystery girl chuckled.  She had a British accent! Nick was now in love.  "Is your friend ok?"

 

Nick looked at A.J. who was laying on the floor.  "Yeah, he's fine.  I'm Nick, what's your name?"

 

"I'm Laurel," she said shaking his hand.

 

Nick knew from that point on that he had to get to know this girl.