- Text Size +
Adelia showed up at her mom’s just in time for us to pull out the chicken potpie. I couldn’t wait for dinner, as I had smelled this all day. I could tell when she came in that she was in a bad mood. I figured I would give her space, until she cheered up. We sat and ate dinner quietly discussing our days. As it had turned out, apparently Delia was overwhelmed with readings and felt like she couldn’t keep up.

“Dels, I bet I could make you smile.” I knew that presents would make her smile, even if she didn’t want to admit it.

“I bet you could, I have a request that would make me feel so much better.”

“What’s that Del’s?” I would do pretty much anything to make her smile.

“Hug me, and stay the night with me.”

“You want me to stay the night with you?”

“I don’t want you to lose more brain cells from falling off the couch.” I knew she would find out, but the chance to stay at her house was one I wouldn’t pass up.

“Done deal, now come in for your hug.” I wrapped my arms around her and she buried her head in my chest. I loved the feeling of holding her; it was one that I didn’t want to give up again. I wasn’t sure what was up with my need to touch her. We had always been close and cuddly but this was bordering obsession.

“Thank you Nicky, so you’ll stay?”

“Of course I will baby girl, where do you live and in what?” I knew that was a crass way of putting it, but I’m still shit with words.

“I have a little house I rent from family-ish. It’s literally like five rooms. There are two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and living room. Most of it is open concept. It’s just big enough for me though.”

“Well, I would love to stay with you.”

“Good, you can meet devil cat and the lizard. You met the dog, sadly, he’s even more trouble at home. Also, the second bedroom only has a small double bed, so please don’t fall; it’s also kind of my office.”

“That’s fine pretty girl, I’m not about to fall again, it’s gonna be much better then that couch.”

“Ya, wanna get going? Watch some movies and crash?”

“Sounds good.” I got into my car and followed her home. She literally had moved five minutes from home.

When we got into the house the puppy was so excited that we were home that we had to take him out. Once we were back in and warm, we got settled in Del’s bed with movies. I being a gentleman had suggested sitting on the couch, but she had a better television in her and wanted to be comfortable. Really, what kind of guy would I be if I denied myself curling up in bed with a pretty girl?

I sat as far to the edge of the bed as I could. I didn’t want to crowd her or anything like that. I sat against the back of the pillows and got myself comfortable. Twenty minutes or so into the movie I heard her voice whispering to me.

“Nicky… you could move closer Nicky, I won’t bite.” I couldn’t help but want to move over. I shifted a bit closer to her and she made the move the rest of the way over. We lay close to each other but without touching. I could hear her every breath and watch her chest rise and fall in the peace of lying together.

I reached for her hand, just wanting to link our fingers together. I was surprised at the jolt of pleasure I felt. I just wanted the comfort of touching her. When she moved closer and laid her head on my shoulder, my breath caught in my throat. The sexual urge that ran through me had me a little shocked to say the least. Of course she was a pretty girl and I had certainly noticed that she had grown up, but I had known her since she was little with pigtails in her hair and mud on her face. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and focused on the movie.

“Everything okay Nicky?”

“Yes pretty girl, everything’s alright.” I had been calling her “pretty girl” since she was little and looked up at me with her big brown eyes, chocolate smeared across her face and her two front teeth missing.

“You flinched Nicky, you never flinch, and you’re breathing funny. You want me to move?” There was nothing that I had ever wanted less in my life. In fact I think I truly wanted her even closer.

“Sorry, I was just surprised, you don’t have to move, it’s all good.” I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer. She snuggled in again and we continued to watch the movie.

When the first movie had finished, we decided that we were still awake enough for another. Del’s popped in another one and settled back against me. I was certainly wide-awake and very concerned with where she was and every single move she was making. I think I watched her much more then the movie and I was hoping that I wasn’t busted, but to no avail.

“I can’t possibly be as interesting as Angels and Demons, so really, what’s the deal, something in my hair, on my face?”

“Nah, just taking it all in, just happy to be home and here with you I guess.” I had to come up with something besides her being sexy as hell and me trying to watch her every move so she would avoid the erection that occasionally made an appearance. It’s not really like I could help it, if I could, I certainly would.

“Alright, whatever, you might be nuts though.” She laid there peacefully and watched the movie as I continued to watch her. She moved her leg to straddle across my thighs and I nearly choked again. She had fallen asleep and was completely wrapped around me. I laid there and willed sleep to come, I wasn’t planning on sleeping in her bed, but I couldn’t possibly move her. I fell asleep dreaming of her smile and all the things I wanted to share with her. I would save the presents for another day, turns out today she just needed me.