- Text Size +

Brianne stood in front of the mirror in her bed room. She checked out her outfit carefully. The aqua blue spaghetti strap shirt stood out under her black satin short jacket. Her jeans fit perfectly, not too tight and not too loose, completing her outfit.

"Brianne!" She heard her father call out to her seconds after the doorbell rang.

"Kay!" She yelled back as she quickly grabbed her cherry flavored lip gloss. She slicked it on her lips and tossed it in her purse as she left her room.

"Going out?" Her older brother asked as she passed him in the hall.

"Yeah, I'm going bowling with Shelby and a couple other girls." She explained as she kept walking. She jogged down the stairs and smiled as she entered the foyer and say one of her best friends standing there.

"Shelster!" She exclaimed hugging her.

"B-Jaq!" Her friend returned the squeal as they hugged.

"Let's do this." Brianne grinned and the two moved toward the door.

"Hold it!" Brian declared in his protective father voice.

"Dad!" She whined.

"Who all is gonna be hanging out with you?" He asked folding his arms over his chest.

"Megan, Alli, Samantha and Jovie." She replied tapping her foot impatiently.

"Jovie? That's a new one. Who is she?" Brian asked appearing nervous.

"Relax Brian. She's new in the neighborhood. I met her mom and dad on my walk yesterday morning and hooked her up with Brianne and Shelby. She seams very sweet." Leighanne placed a hand on her husbands shoulder.

Brian looked at her then back to the girls. "No boys?" He asked.

"No Mr. Littrell. We know you don't trust boys. It's just us girls tonight." Shelby stepped in hoping it would help get them out the door faster.

He nodded, "I knew I liked you Shelby."

She laughed a little and Brianne rolled her eyes.

"Alright, well have fun and be back by nine."

"Dad!" Brianne complained.

"Brian!" Leighanne warned.

Brian looked at her again then back to the girls, "Fine nine forty five... but I want a check in call at eight thirty."

"Deal." Brianne agreed.

"Have a good time girls." Leighanne gave them a warm smile and helped them out the door away from the over protective Brian.

Brian did not mean to be annoying. Brianne was his baby girl. She was his world. He would go to war with any vicious villain or evil enemy if it meant protecting his daughter... especially teen aged boys. In his mind the only teen aged boy who wasn't evil was his son.

"I'm sorry girl but you're dad get's on my last nerve." Shelby said getting into her car.

"Yeah, I know. I mean I get that he thinks he's being a good parent but it annoys the hell outta me." Brianne rolled her eyes as she buckled her seat belt.

"Don't say that too loud. You're dad probably has my car bugged. I can see it now... he's probably sitting in the living room listening to everything you say. He's probably gonna call any second and ground you for cussing." Shelby teased.

"Oh shut up!" Brianne laughed as the car pulled out of the drive.

The girls continued to laugh and joke around as they drove to pick up Jovie and then Alli. Megan and Samantha had plans to meet them at the bowling alley.

"Thanks for letting me tag along." Jovie softly said as they pulled out of her drive.

"Of course. We're friends now." Shelby shrugged.

"Friends don't leave friends behind when they go out having fun." Brianne added.

"I really think I'm gonna like it here." Jovie said.

"Good." Brianne flashed her a friendly smiled.

A short while later they had picked up Alli and had almost made it to the bowling alley. Suddenly Alli's cell phone ringing broke the laughter.

"Hello?" She spoke into the electronic device. She paused and then continued, "No Matt; it's just us girls tonight." Again she paused then began speaking again. "Cause you know Brianne's dad won't let her hang out with guys unless an adults around. Look, we'll hang out later." She paused once more then said, "Yes, I promise. Bye."

"Sorry." Brianne said as Alli hung up her phone.

"Hey, it's no problem. I'd rather hang with my girls tonight anyway." Alli smiled as she shoved her phone back into her purse.

The girls once again began chatting casually and joking as they finished their drive. Once they arrived they waited a few short minuets for their other two friends to arrive then walked in together after greeting them and introducing Jovie.

They waited in line to pay to for the cosmic bowling and joked around more as they did. The girls could not help but noticed a smaller group of boys around their age eying them from ahead of them in line.

Of course the girls giggled and began talking about which one was the cutest. Finally two of them approached them smiling.

"Hey ladies." One of them with blond hair and blue eyes said. He reminded Brianne of her dad's best friend, Nick in the younger photos of his group.

"Hi." "Hey." They all smiled.

"We just thought a group of pretty girls like yourselves deserved a better spot in line." The other boy said. He was a bit taller, more tanned with a darker toned blond hair and hazel eyes.

"That's really sweet of you." Samantha smiled.

"After you." The blond one smile and motioned for them all to go ahead.

They six girls moved on and took the spot in front of the four boys.

"So, are you ladies from around here or visiting?" The tan one asked.

"We're all from around here. Jovie just moved her though." Shelby responded.

"Which one of you is Jovie?" another of the four boys asked. He too had blond hair but was skinnier and shorter then the first. He also has blue eyes but they were not as bright as the other boys.

"I am." She raised her hand.

"Nice, Do the rest of you have names?" The taller blond asked.

"I'm Shelby." She smiled locking eyes with the tanned boy.

"Justin." He told her.


"I'm Samantha."

"I'm Josh." The shorter blond said moving to stand near her.

"Alli." "I'm Megan." Megan gave the taller blond a wink as she said her name.

"Nice to meet you Megan. I'm Nick." He said and Brianne laughed a little at the irony. Not only did he look like a younger Nick but his name was also Nick.

"What's wrong?" The last of the four boys asked her. He was taller then all the other boys. He had dark black hair with a perfect medium complexion. His eyes were a piercing, icy blue and his smile was to die for.

"N- Nothing." Brianne stuttered a bit as she really got her first good look at him.

"Well, I'm Adam." He said looking deep into her eyes.

"I'm... uh..." Brianne's breath seemed to be taken away from her as his eyes seemed to search her soul.

Alli and Jovie laughed a bit. "Brianne." Shelby "coughed".

"Yeah, right, Brianne." She blushed and looked away from him.

"That's a really pretty name." He told her as the line began to move.

A few minuets later the girls had snagged a lane next to the boys. They all sat around putting their "clown shoes" on and putting their names into the computers.

For the first little while they all talked casually as they began to bowl. Samantha and Josh had gravitated to each other as had Megan and Nick. Jovie and Shelby hung near Justin while Alli and Brianne hung out with each other leaving Adam somewhat alone.

Brianne however could not keep her eyes off of Adam. She had seen a lot of cute boys in her life but Adam by far was the cutest she had ever seen or met. She couldn't help but wish she has different parents. ANY other parents. Simply parents who would allow her to date.

As the first game went on and Adam began talking to her more and more she slowly began to feel entranced by his looks.

"I'm gonna head to the cafe for some drinks. Can I get any of you ladies anything?" Adam asked.

Samantha and Alli said they were fine. Selby asked for a moutain dew while Jovie and Megan asked for sprite.

"Brianne?" He asked her.

"Uh, yeah sure. Why don't I come and help you though?" She said.

"Oh, ok, thanks." He smiled.

"Shelby, bowl for me." Brianne told her friend.

"Sure thing." She gave Brianne a huge smile and a flirty wink.

Brianne blushed and followed Adam as he began to walk away.

'God he is so cute!' She thought as she caught up with him.

"Thanks for coming to help me." He flashed her a big smile.

'Man, why couldn't I have gotten cooler parents!' She complained to herself looking into his eyes. "No problem. Oh and... thank you." She smiled.

"For?" Adam asked giving her a confused grin.

"For saying you thought my name was pretty." She blushed.

"Oh, no problem. I meant it." He told her as they walked into the cafe and stood in line.

"I hate my name. It's a mix of my parents name." She rolled her eyes in a flirty manner.

"I don't hate it. I think it's beautiful... just like you." He gave her yet another smile as he pushed a piece of hair out of her face.

Nervously she bit her bottom lip as their eyes locked and her heart began to beat even faster.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be so blunt I just... think it's true." He said as his face seemed to move in toward hers.

"It's ok. No ones ever... told me they thought... I was..." She tried not to stutter but it was hard. She felt like her heart was gonna pound a hole in her chest.

"Beautiful." He finished for her.

"Yeah, that." She said as his face came less then half an inch away from hers.

She knew what was about to happen. She had never been kissed but had seen her friends get kissed eough times to know that's what he was about to do.

Part of her could hear her fathers voice telling her to slap him but Adam was way to cute to slap.

'Sorry daddy, what you don't know isn't gonna hurt.' She thought and moved in the rest of the way to Adam's face.

Her lips pressed softly against his as his strong hands gently came onto her shoulders to help balance and relax her.

Brianne let her eyes close for a brief second and could almost hear the spark flying all around them.

Just that fast... she was in love.