- Text Size +

The rest of the night with Adam went great. He was the perfect gentlemen and everything Brianne had always dreamed of. She told him about her father and he didn't mind at all. He didn't act funny like some people did.

She explained about her parent's big dating rules and he understood that they were over protective. He told her that it was alright. He agreed to be friends until her parents could get a chance to really know him and see that he wasn't a bad guy.

Brianne rode home with her friends that night gushing on and on about Adam and how he was 'the one' and how sure of it she was.

The clock struck 9:47 as she walked through the front door.

"Brianne?" Brian's voice called out to her from the living room. She could tell he was upset underneath his questioning call.

"Yes daddy. It's me." She replied. She always referred to him as daddy when she wanted something or was potentially in trouble.

"I told you to be home at 9:45 didn't I?" He asked walking into the room holding a note book with lyrics scribbled all over the page it was turned to.

"Yes but..."

"What time is it now?" Brian asked holding out his arm with the watch on it.

"9:47 but da-"

"So you're late then aren't you?" He asked.

Before Brianne could say anything Leighanne stepped into the foyer. "Brian, my watch only says 9:43." She gave him a look that told him to relax. That of course was easier said then done.

"Mine says 9:49." Baylee called out from the living room.

"Baylee!" Leighanne warned him and a quick 'sorry' followed.

"Dad, Shelby had to stop for gas. She didn't realize how low she was. I would have called but my phone says it's only 9:40." Brianne told him.

"Go on sweet heart, you're fine." Leighanne told her.

"Thanks mom." She smiled and ran up the stairs toward her room.

"Brian, you really need to loosen up." Leighanne told her husband.

"I know but she's my baby. I don't want anything to happen to her."

"Or anyone to happen to her." Baylee added walking into the foyer.

"Yeah, or that." Brian agreed with his son.

"Baylee, go." Leighanne pointed up the stairs.

He laughed a bit and headed up them.

"I'm sorry to have to break the news to you Brian but... your baby is growing up and pretty soon you're going to have to let her."

Brian folded his arms over his chest in a child like manner. He knew she was right but he couldn't bring himself to admit it.

"I'm gonna head on up to bed and read for a while. I'll meet you there." Leighanne said then kissed his lips sweetly and walked away.

Meanwhile Brianne had just finished changing into her bed clothes and headed into the bathroom to remove her very small amount of make-up... and of course to brush her teeth.

Her mind danced through the memories of her very first kiss. Adam being so cute and sweet made the kiss mean so much more to her. When he had pulled away from her she looked taken back and he knew instantly that it was her first kiss. She could almost hear his voice say, "Really good for your first time."

Soon she found herself humming the tune of an old backstreet boys song as she brushed her teeth.

"Alright, what's his name?" She heard her brother ask from the doorway.

"Excuse me?" She played dumb and asked after spitting out the watery toothpaste.

"You always hum 'get another boyfriend' when you've met a cute guy." Baylee explained moving toward the sink as she moved to dry the water from her mouth.

Brianne blushed. Baylee was right and she knew it. They were abnormally close... of course they made sure not to let their parents know. Didn't wanna freak them out or anything. They spent a lot of time talking. Shelby might be her closest friend but Baylee by far was her best friend.

"So... his name?" Baylee asked as he smeared tooth paste onto his blue tooth brush.

"Adam." She said in a very dreamy tone as her eyes drifted back out to space picturing his  face.

Baylee shook his head, "Don't let mom and dad find out. You know they don't want you dating." Baylee said then shoved his tooth brush into his mouth.

"We aren't dating. Adam understands that I can't date. He's fine with it. In fact he wants to meet mom and dad so they can get to know him and see that he isn't a bad guy. That way they'll let me date him." She explained as she now watched her brother brush his teeth.

"Don't hold your breath." He almost laughed.

She gave him a bit of a glare. He knew she wanted his honest opinion.

"I dunno Brianne. He sounds kinda fishy. You sure he isn't after you cause of dad?" Baylee said causing little white bits of tooth paste to fly all over the mirror.

"Yes I'm sure. When I told him about mom and dad's rules I also told him who dad was and he was taken back but didn't care. Oh and, I'm so not cleaning that off." She said looking at the now dirty mirror.

Baylee rinsed the tooth past from his mouth and used some toilet paper to wipe off the mirror before shutting off the water.

"So he didn't even know who you were before that point?" Baylee asked her.

"Not at all. I'm sure of it." She seemed positive.

"And how are you so sure?" Baylee asked shutting off the lights and walking with her to his room.

"Well, guys who know who I am normally don't do what Adam did. They're all to scared of dad." Brianne shyly explained. She wanted to tell Baylee about the kiss but didn't want him to think she was bragging about it. Bragging about it would sound sluty and if there was one thing Brianne was not... it was sluty.

"What aren't you telling me Brianne?" He asked her seriously as he sat down on his bed.

"He uh... we..."

"You kissed him?" Baylee blurted out.

"Shut up!" She hissed rushing to close his door. "And for the record, he kissed me... I think." She said leaning against the white door.

"Oh man, if dad finds out your both dead. God, I can't believe you let a guy you only JUST met kiss you. I though mom taught you better back when you had the sex talk."

"Oh come on Bay, don't tell me you've never kissed a girl you just met." Brianne tried to defend herself.

"That's different." He argued.

"How so? It's still one penis and one vagina."

"Ewe, ok, never EVER say those word in front of me ever again." He looked totally grossed out.

"Sorry, but you get my point don't you? Besides, mom said kissing was ok so long as you didn't go any further then that." She paused remembering the line her mom had used. "Set your limits so far back that..."

Baylee joined in with her, "...if you slip up there wont be any consequences."

"Yeah, dad told me the same thing." Baylee paused. "Ok whatever, just watch yourself. I'm a boy, I know how we think." Baylee loved his younger sister very much. He took after his father when it came to respecting and loving family.

"I'll be careful. I promise." She said moving toward him.

"Ok good, cause I'd hate to have to kick some ass." He tried to sound macho.

Hearing Baylee cuss amused Brianne. They weren't allowed to cuss and normally Baylee at least tried to follow all the rules. She just laughed and turned away from him, "Night bro."

"Night sis."