- Text Size +
Chapter Twenty Two - The Moment of No Return

"Take me to bed."

"Take me to bed."

I grinned. "Baby, you've been teasing my like crazy for months. If I take you to bed, I gotta warn ya, I'm never letting you out of it."

Lauren's hand moved along her thigh and my gaze drifted from the traffic in front of me. She lifted her short skirt until I saw the fleshy 'v' between her legs.

She wasn't wearing panties.

"Does that answer your question?" she asked with a laugh.

I nodded hungrily. I couldn't believe I had been shoveling my face full of steak when she had been sitting right next to me with the air flowing directly to her--

The sound of a horn blaring right behind me pulled my gaze from paradise. Lauren pressed her hand to my cheek and turned my face back to the windshield.

"Like I said; take me home..."

"And take me to bed."


"Nick?"

I blinked rapidly. Rosie's face was less than an inch from mine. "What...what do you say?"

My hands were wrapped tightly around the back of her legs. I could feel the heat eminating from her. My chest ached.

Memory.

Reality.

"Close your eyes," I replied.

Her emerald eyes fluttered closed. Her thighs tightened around my waist as I scooped her up, the blanket underneath my feet. I kicked it away as I headed towards the stairs.

So many things were running through my mind. My natural maleness was plotting out just how fast I could get her top off and my head buried in her breasts; my ego was praying I wouldn't have another early performance; my soft side was wondering if sex with another woman would ever be as meaningful as it was with Lauren. And way down deep, buried farther than it had ever been, was the committed part of me that was still telling me 'no.'

The huge bed that Rosie had slept in alone was soon filled with her body and my larger one looming over her. My command to keep her eyes closed was forgotten; as soon as her head hit the pillow those hot green eyes were burning back into my blue ones. Her good hand wrapped around the pink shirt she hated so much.

"I don't want you to hurt your hand again," I said slowly. "Just relax." I stroked her face; her hand fell from my shirt and she nodded.

"Okay."

Yes, I was looking out for her hand. But more importantly, I was making sure that if I was going to do this, I was really going to do it.

As my hands lifted her shirt and my fingers ran over her smooth stomach, I was once again reminded of how doll-like she was. I lowered my head and ran my tongue along her navel, a navel that was just a slight little indention in her skin. Her hand slid through my hair and she practically hummed as my tongue flicked farther up until I hit the sharp underwire of her bra. My hands slid underneath her, finding the clasp. I let my breath fall heavily on her freshly licked skin as I freed her from the confines of the lacy article. I slid my hands around, using my thumbs to lift the cups to bare her breasts.

Her nipples were already erect. I nuzzled my face in between the soft mounds, the flaming licks of desire building in my gut. I locked my mouth around first one bud, then the next, flicking my tongue out quickly and eagerly, relentless until her moans became to much for my straining pants to take. I sat back, immediately noticing the burning flush spread across Rosie's face and the way her bottom lip quivered ever so slightly. She watched transfixed as I tossed off my shirt and worked on my jeans. I slid off the bed and discarded my clothes. Before I got back on, I grabbed the bottom of her shorts and yanked. They slid off her slender hips.

"Kaos," she said shakily. I looked at her.

"What?"

"Your tattoo...says kaos," she said. She used her good hand to completely remove her shirt and bra. She draped a hand modestly over her exposed breasts. I smiled, sliding my hands up her legs as I crawled back over her.

"It's my nickname," I said. I pulled her hand away, cupped each breast, and kissed her hard. Only the thin scrap of her panties seperated her and me. She bit down lightly on my lip before pulling away.

"I haven't seen you make chaos," she teased. My hands slid from her ample chest until my thumbs hooked under her panties; she arched her hips as I wiggled them down off of her. Her thigh pressed against my erection.

"You're about to," I said, my voice thick with desire. For a split second I thought I saw a flash of hesitation, but she looped her arm around my neck, her hand sliding down my back.

"Prove it," she said.

The challenge got to me. I had something to prove and damnit I was going to prove it. I kissed her again, my tongue taking no holds barred as I moved into her mouth. She moaned as I grabbed her hips; her legs wrapped around my waist and she arched up to me. Somewhere in the distance I barely registered the sound of thunder. The heat coming off our bodies had already turned my skin slick. I couldn't wait any longer. I knew if her hand moved from my back anywhere else that I would lose it again. I withdrew my tongue and nipped at her swelling lips as I eased myself with agonizing slowness into her, relishing in the memory of how fucking amazing sex was. At the same time Rosie's body bucked underneath me; at first I thought it was just from the impatience of waiting, but one more slow push made me realize the real reason. I was facing a barrier I had only encountered one other time in my life; a time in my life when I hadn't considered what a big deal it was. My eyes flew open and I withdrew from her just as a flash of lightning illuminated the cabin. Rosie's eyes met mine.

"Why didn't you tell me? I can't do this," I gasped.

"I might have forgotten to mention it," she said in a meek voice. "But, I want you to," she said quickly. Her thighs quivered against my sides.

I shook my head. "It's too important. You'll never forget it and--"

"I would never forget this no matter what. Nick, please," she begged. "You feel so good."

"I can't take your virginity. I can't commit to--"

Rosie's hand closed into a fist; it fell back and slammed the mattress hard. "I don't want a commitment, I just want you damnit!" she screamed in frustration.

Maybe it was her screaming and bucking underneath me; I don't know. Or maybe it was the realization that this was going to raise the playing field. Either way I pressed my hand gently over her raging mouth. When I withdrew my hand, I kissed her softly.

"Tell me if I need to stop," I whispered.

Another clap of thunder filled the room with sound, but I saw the nod of her head. I eased myself back until I was where I was before. Again, I hesitated.

"Do it," she begged.

It was the moment of no return. I couldn't prolong it any longer; for her sake or for mine. I placed my palm against her neck and broke through. Rosie couldn't hide the spasm of pain that crossed her face or the catch of breath, but it was quickly replaced with a smile and a dozen eager kisses planted along my jawline.

She felt so damn good that I thought I was going to die. I fought the waves of spasms created by the intensity of the previously unexplored territory. Her legs tightened around me as her body relaxed and got used to the feel.

"Don't stop," she moaned. "Don't ever stop."

"I...I have to," I groaned. I didn't want her first time to be a two or three minute ordeal, but there was only so much I could take. And neither of us had protection. "We're not safe."

"Just one more minute," she groaned. My hand slapped the wall as she grabbed my ass. I didn't know why women found my ass so appealing, but my body sure loved every minute of it. Her internal wall muscles were pulling me in more and I knew I was doomed. My body slammed into hers one last time, my face contracting as I felt the rush of release. I let my face fall into her neck, her cries ringing in my ear.

Several minutes passed before the high ended and reality hit.

I had just had sex for the first time in two years. With a virgin. On a boat. In the middle of a thunderstorm. Unprotected.

Lightning hadn't struck me dead. Lauren's ghost hadn't come out and cursed me to hell. In fact, the rain had eased up to a soft patter on the window. Rosie's legs were still wrapped around me and I could feel her heart racing as she pressed against me and I held her close.

I was suddenly exhausted. I knew that there was going to be so much to talk about in the morning, but until then...

I was going to try for another night of sweet dreams.

And I wasn't going to be sleeping alone.