- Text Size +
I sighed, aimlessly flipping through the multiple channels on the TV. Infomercial, infomercial, some other paid program type thing, oh a dog show; now that was excitement. I rolled my eyes at that thought. Bored was an understatement. I had been back in the hotel from the after party for nearly two hours and there wasn’t a damn thing to do. I had way too much energy to sit still yet everyone else was beyond tired and in bed.

I rolled my eyes yet again, frustrated and finally turned the TV off, annoyed with the dang machine for not having anything good on; for nothing was on to keep my interest. I grabbed my laptop and logged onto the net. I frowned, going through my usually websites; responding to a few tweets, smirking, thinking about the fans and how they would probably squeal when they saw that.

I drummed my fingers on the back of the couch as I leaned back against the arm, pausing for a moment. Wasn’t here a website of something that actually had fan fiction? Now, I don’t usually read it, but for some reason, it just sparked my interest now. Than again, I haven’t read any of that stuff in years. It’s probably non-existent now. I quickly did a quick search on Google, my eyes opening wide as I saw the numerous page that had Backstreet Boy stories.

“Holy cow! Yeah, what was that about non-existent?” I shook my head, finally finding a site called Absolute Chaos and freaking when more I saw just how many stories it was currently hosting. I licked my lips, moving the cursor over to the featured stories, seeing something called ‘Life According To Baylee’. My brows snapped together as I read that. Baylee was just a kid, how in the world could life be according to him? That piped my interest and I clicked on the link. I read over the summary and lifted my brow. Shit, Nick, a dad? To Baylee of all people? What the hell could Brian be thinking?

I paused, lifted my head, and chuckled. Was I honestly asking questions about something that wasn’t even real? Granted , if the summary could draw me in that well, and make me question things, than it had to be a pretty damn good story. With that final thought, I got comfortable and dove into the story.

-----
Hours later, I blinked, seeing the sun peeking through the blinds. Had I honestly been in the same spot? I turned my head, felt the stiffness and groaned. Oh yes, I had been into that story. Right now, every muscle down my back and neck were protesting, for I hadn’t even moved. I reached up and rubbed the back of my neck, chuckling a bit.

I finally stood up, collected the many tissues that I had thrown on the floor after all the crying I had done. That was totally a story I was gonna have to tell Brian about. It was funny, and moving, well obviously if it mad me cry. And I had better remember not to go skiing with Baylee when he gets older. After all, it could happen just like she said and I could end up suing a tree for jumping in my way. I closed my laptop, ran into the bathroom and took a quick shower, finally making it down to breakfast.

“Hey Bri. The other two aren’t up yet?”

“No way. Way too early.” Brian sat his juice down and looked closely at me. “Dude, have you been crying? Your eyes are kinda puffy.” I swiped at them and shook my head.

“Tough night.” Brian just lifted a brow but let it go for the moment. But I couldn’t keep still and finally broke down, turning to look at him. “Man, if you and LeighAnne pass away, and Baylee isn’t old enough to take care of himself, please don’t make Nick Baylee’s guardian.” Brian spit out his juice as he just stared at me.

“What the hell are you even talking about? Why would I do that?”

“I was up all night, reading this amazing story about you and LeighAnne passing and you shocked the hell out of all of us when you made Nick the guardian of Baylee.” Brian just paused as I explained the whole story, starting with the accident and than moving into all the problems that Nick had taking care of a teenage. “So, that’s why I’m begging man, you can’t let Nick watch Baylee.” I licked my lips as I waited for Brian’s response.

“You read the fan fic stuff?

“Yeah.”

“And this was a story about me? Well, about Nick?”

“Um, yeah.” I just nodded, knowing that by now, Brian was really thinking that I had lost my mind.

“And where did you say this story was?” I gave him the link and he browsed through the site on his phone, finally coming to the story and read the summary.

I snapped my head up as Nick walked through the door and over to the table. I stood up, smirking, finally coming up with a way to get Nick back for all his stupid pranks.

“Hey Nick…Brian and LeighAnne are gonna die and you are gonna be appointed guardian over Baylee.” I lifted my brow as Nick just opened his eyes die and fell backwards. Yeah, life according to…who?