- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Just to let you know the story will be written in Nick's point of view unless stated at the beginning of the chapter. Enjoy, and remember to review.

Side note: those who read "Ready" i have not fogotten about it. My main focus at the moment will be this story and "Ready" For now i have put "Lost In Love" on hiatus until i can complete one of these two. Thank you :)



Chapter 1

We were in Los Angeles. The weather was beautiful. I was so ready for the beach. Half naked girls everywhere. Oh yes.

But instead I was stuck in the studio with three guys I respected like no other, but were no where close to the babes who would be waiting for me on the beach.

We were recording our eighth studio album. Or well… were supposed to be. We had been holed up in the studio for six hours now and still we couldn’t agree on songs. We spent most of the time arguing, surfing the net and seeing how many times we could get the receptionist to bring us random stuff.

She had just brought in a carton of kiwi juice… organic, when me and AJ sat in the corner discussing our next conquest.

“She’s kinda hot, don’t you think? Maybe we should ask for her panties?” AJ laughed before looking at me for a reaction. The dude was crazy I tell ya.

“She is hot. Don’t think she’s bothered by us though. The look she gave us the last time she came in…” I could still see the glare she threw me and AJ as we snickered like school boys. She almost slammed the carton of juice on the table before stalking her hot ass out of the room.

“That was a look of want Nickers. Maybe you should ask her for her number next. She’s definitely your type.”

I groaned. Ever since I split from my ex a few months back AJ had referred to every tall, dark haired babe “my type”. I mean sure, they kinda were. But I’m not attracted to EVERY tall dark haired beauty.

I don’t even think I was barely attracted to this dark haired beauty. Sure she was hot, had the longest legs I’d seen, and she had a rack that any girl would be jealous off.

Yea ok I was a little attracted.

I sighed softly before looking over at AJ. “Her number?”

“Yup!” He chuckled at me before standing up.

“What for?” I felt a wack to the back of my head as he walked past me.

“What do you think? Lemme go get it for you.” He headed for the door, but I beat him to it.

“NO!”

AJ laughed at me before trying to wrestle his way past. We were pretty much wrapped around each other like a pretzel on the floor, me with AJ in a headlock whilst he yanked my boxers up giving me one hell of a wedgie when someone cleared their throat. The both of us froze, looked at each other before looking up.

Hot receptionist hottie was giving us a look of utter disgust whilst holding a phone. “For you.” She held the phone out as me and AJ scrambled to his feet. I reached for the phone but she pulled it away.

“Not you, him.”

AJ took the phone before walking over to the other side of the room. I turned to look at miss hottie, but she was gone.

Damn.

***

“I dare you to go out there and moon miss hottie!”

I looked over at AJ and groaned. He’s been playing his game of dares for an hour now. I’d ignored every one. I had actually started trying to write some music. AJ clearly had other ideas, as he was lounging across the plush sofa picking at his fingers.

“No.” I muttered before sticking the end of the pen I was holding in my mouth. I tuned out AJ’s constant chatter and crap and jumped out my skin when he flew off the sofa.

“I’ve GOT IT!!”

I groaned. “What dude? I’m actually trying to work here.”

AJ cackled before snatching the piece of paper I’d been working on and threw it behind him. “Fuck that. I’ve got a plan my friend. You won’t do my dares, so hows about this? I wanna make you a bet.”

I looked at AJ and rolled my eyes. “Dude no, no bets, no dares, nothing. I wanna get out of here today, and we need to at least get SOMETHING out of today. So sit your skinny ass down, give me back my piece of paper and shut the fuck up.” I glared at him, and felt myself get beyond irritated as he fetched my piece of paper, but proceeded to sit his scrawny ass on it.

“Not till you hear me out.” He smirked, making a show out of rubbing his ass all over my piece of paper.

I reached out and swatted him before lunging forward, straight ontop of him on the couch. There was no way I was reaching under his ass for it. I was going to need to use force. “Get your ass off my work!” I jabbed my fingers into his sides, making him scream like a girl and roll off the couch, freeing my work.

“That’s unfair play.”

I chuckled as I sat back down, tucking my piece of paper away in my rucksack. I could already tell AJ wouldn’t let up with this bet he had thought up. And I wouldn’t lie, I was curious. AJ rubbed his sides and mumbled to himself as he dramatically climbed off the ground and sat back down. I watched him, a humorous grin on my face until he noticed me.

“Smug dick.” He muttered, making me laugh.

“Save the dramatics for your monkee. What’s this bet?”

His eyes lit up right away. “Oooh yes! The bet. I bet you you can’t date her.”

“What?” I groaned.

“Yup. I bet you can’t date her. She seems like a hot rocket. She hates me, and she hates you so it will definitely be a challenge. Plus you’ll probably get laid, and dude… you need it.” AJ pretty much bounced in his chair the whole time he was talking. Dude was serious.

“AJ, no. Seriously… I can get laid. I don’t need her.”

He laughed at me. “Someone’s af-raaaaaaaiiiid he’s going to loooose!” AJ teased in a sing-songy voice, making me groan. He knew I couldn’t stand it when people mocked me. I knew I could get a date with her. I mean I’m Nick Carter. Girls dig me. Sure she threw an evil in my direction a few times and barely even looked at me.

She was so playing hard to get.

I cleared my throat. “And if I win?”

“I’ll give you a million bucks.” AJ laughed again. He so didn’t think I could do this. The more he showed his lack of faith in me, the more tempted I was to take it up.

“And if I don’t?”

“Easy, you give me a million bucks. Deal?” He held his hand out, ready for me to shake. I stood up, ignoring it and started getting my shit together.

“I think the prize should be negotiated on, but yea… your on.” I glanced up at him and grinned.

I SO had this.