- Text Size +

                                   

Chapter 4

March 5th 2008

 

Well this fucking week just keeps getting better.  I woke up this morning to my cell ringing. Note to self, turn your FUCKING cell off when you go to bed dumb ass.  It was Rach, she said she wants to come down to Mexico when we get there and talk.  What do I say to that when I’m in the middle of this shit.  I dreamt about Chels last night  but this one was different it was like my mind knew I just couldn’t take anymore and all we did was lie there in bed holding each other.  Weird.  I dunno when I’ll get a chance to write again.  We have a date in South Korea, then onto Mexico, and from there I will be going home and getting ready for my Solo shows.  Until we meet again.

 

Oh wait, I almost forgot.  I opened the box.  The pictures were the ones she had taken when she was down in Florida and she had her birthday there.  Then there was the pic of us that Kevin had shown me.  The movie stub was from Star Trek: Generations. We saw that when Kevin and Kris wanted some private time.  The flowers were the ones I had picked while visiting Kevin one time.  We went for a walk down by the harbor while he went to a store near by, I picked them for her, they were blue her favorite color.  I kind of hoped the ring would have been in there but then again she was probably wearing it.  Her smile still brings one to my face.  I hope it never stops.

 

 

March 12th 2008

 

I’m sitting here in my hotel room in Mexico and I’m waiting for Rachel to call me back, I’ve been waiting for about an hour now.  Nick wants to go out so she has fifteen more minutes then I’m out the door.  I’ve been keeping busy and keeping my mind of other things by putting my shows together and putting in extra rehearsals for them, while on tour with the fellas. It’s a couple of weeks away and I’m shittin myself but still going to do it, I want too, I need too. Anyways, fuck this; I’m done waiting, I’m going out for a bit.

 

 

“Carter let’s go.” AJ said as he closed the door to his room.

 

“Sweet later suckers.” Nick said with a laugh to his two married friends.

 

“Don’t me out to late!” Brian shouted.

 

“Yes Kevin.” AJ and Nick said at the same time and then they both cracked up laughing.

 

“So did she call?” Nick asked him.

 

“Nope.” AJ said shaking his head.  Nick smirked a little with a laugh.

 

“Shit I forgot something I’ll be right back.” Nick said as he snapped his fingers.

 

“Hurry.” AJ said quickly motioning to him.  “I’ll be out front having a smoke.”

 

AJ made his way out the front doors of the hotel and reached into his hoody pocket and pulled out his pack.  He grabbed his lighter and held the cigarette in his lips.  After it was lit he inhaled it and blew out the smoke as he looked around.

 

“Excuse me?” A voice said from behind him and he turned around.  He saw an older man standing behind him.  “My name is Paul, I’m here on business I saw you come out from the lobby, my daughter is a huge fan of the group and you.” He said with a smile.  “Do you think I could get a picture with you, to take back to her? She wouldn’t believe I saw you otherwise” 

 

“Sure” AJ said with a smile.  He stepped beside the man and smiled at the phone.  He heard the click and the man pulled it away.

 

“Thank you, very nice of you, I know she’ll love it.” He said with a smile.

 

“No problem.” AJ smiled back at him.  The man said thank you once again and then walked away. 

 

Usually they had their bodyguards with them, but it was pretty late into the night so he wasn’t too worried.  He took another drag from his smoke as he looked around at the city.  It was dark out but the street was lit up by lights and he could hear the bass of the clubs near by.  He took the last drag from his smoke and then butted it out in the ash tray as he blew the smoke out.

 

“K ready.” Nick said a little out of breath.

 

“What did you forget?” AJ asked as they got into their car.

 

“My phone.” Nick said as he held it up.  AJ shook his head with a laugh.

 

“Some guy came up to me while I was waiting for you.”

 

“Do I want to know?” Nick asked as he raised an eyebrow.

 

“Fuck you.” AJ said rolling his eyes.  “He wanted to take a pic for his daughter, he was here on business.”

 

“Aww that was nice.” Nick said a little sarcastically.

 

“You’re just jealous he didn’t ask you.” AJ said nudging him.

 

“Please I don’t need to take pictures with old hairy men.” Nick shot back.

 

“Really, couldn’t tell by the last thing you dated.” AJ sighed.

 

“Shut up.” Nick said with a little pout.

 

“Oh.” AJ giggled. “Hit a nerve did I?” he said with a regal tone to his voice.  Nick didn’t say anything as he looked out the window. 

 

“So what are you doing when you get back home?” Nick asked.  “I mean besides the shows.”

 

“Relax.” AJ said with a nod.  “You?”

 

“Might go to Nashville, maybe work on some stuff with Brent in Cali.” Nick said with a  shrug.

 

“So keeping busy huh?” AJ said as he looked at him.

 

“Yup” Nick nodded.

 

The guys talked about things that had happened on tour and how things were going so far.  Before they knew it they were at the club and they both stepped out of the car.  AJ looked around as he lit a smoke.

 

“Now this is what I’m talking about.” Nick said rubbing his hands.

 

“Don’t get too shit faced I’m not caring your ass to the hotel this time.”  AJ mumbled with the smoke in his mouth.

 

“Please your ass owes me.” Nick said with a paa-lease look on his face.

 

“Touche” He said with a nod.

 

“So what are we doing first, table or girls?” Nick asked.

 

“What?” AJ asked as he blew out more smoke.

 

“Are we getting tables first or girls?” Nick asked rolling his eyes a little.

 

“I’ll get the table you and Jr can go play.” AJ said as he butted out his cigarette.

 

“Come on man at least look this time.” Nick huffed as they walked into the club.

 

“I’m good Nick really, if I see someone I dunno, we’ll see but I ain’t here too shop.” AJ said as they stopped and looked around.

 

“Fine you grab the table I’m getting a drink.” Nick said.

 

“Grab me a Dew or whatever.” AJ said before Nick walked away.  He looked around the club to find an open table.  He saw one near the corner and made his way over.  He waited for Nick to start walking through the crowd and waved him over.  As he sat down he looked around and saw some people looking at him. 

 

“Here dude.” Nick said as he handed AJ a glass.

 

“Thanks.” AJ said taking it and playing with the straw.

 

“Place seems alright.” Nick said nodding looking around.

 

“Please Howie may be a lot of things but he knows where the clubs be at.” AJ said with a smile.

 

“I still can’t wrap my head around the fact he’s married.” Nick said shaking his head.  “It truly was an end to an era.” Nick said with a sigh.

 

“It was like when Kirk died in Generations.” AJ said looking at him

 

“Or like Spock.”

 

“Spock?” AJ said looking at Nick confused.

 

“Kirk got all the chicks, even the aliens, what are you talking about Spock.” AJ said with a laugh.

 

“Yeah but Kirk looked up to Spock, Kirk use to be a playboy, when he met Spock he became the Master.” Nick said with a nod.

 

“What the fuck ever dude.” AJ said shaking his head.  “Besides, Riker is the shit hands down.”

 

“Please, he got his chick stolen by Klingon.” Nick scoffed.

 

“Hey Worf was not just any fucking Klingon.” AJ said rolling his eyes.

 

“Dude.” Nick said as he held up his hand. 

 

“Hmm?” AJ said as he took a sip of his soda.

 

“We’re fucking geeks.” Nick said with a disappointed sigh.  “We’re at a club, with all these ladies, and we’re sitting here debating who gets laid more in Star Trek.”

 

AJ started laughing as he set down his glass.  “My my how times have changed.”

 

“No shit.” Nick said as he looked out to the crowd.  “Check it, watch and learn.” Nick said as he shot back his glass of tequila and got up from the table.

 

AJ didn’t mind when people drank around him, even though others fought him on it.  He wanted his friends to have a good time.  It was his fault he let it go to far, so why should they have to adjust because they chose to be responsible with it.  Although when Rachel drank it bothered him, yeah she used breath spray and Listerine but it was more the principle. He watched as Nick walked over to a group of girls and started talking to them.

 

“To the bar in 5..4..3..2..1..” AJ said and as he hit one Nick and the girls started walking over too the bar.  “Predictable.” AJ sighed. “No creativity.”