- Text Size +

                                   

Chapter 5

March 13th 2008

 

Ok so Rachel’s not coming apparently something came up with some friends but she said she would see me at my show. That’s fine I got to much stuff going on to worry about fighting with her right now, although we didn’t fight this time on the phone.

 

AJ dropped his pen and grabbed his phone.  He looked at it before answering.  As it rang again he sighed reading the number on the phone.

 

“Hey Man what it do bitch?”

 

“What it do!” Kevin said on the other end.

 

“What it do!” He heard Kristin shout in the background.

 

“Tell her I said hello beautiful.”

 

“He says hello fugly.” Kevin said with a laugh.

 

“He did not.” AJ heard Kristin say with a smack.

 

“Ow.” Kevin mumbled.

 

“Serves ya right.” AJ sighed.  “What’s up man?”

 

“I kind of needed to talk to you about Chels.”  Kevin said.

 

“Ok.” AJ agreed reluctantly.

 

“Jerald got a call a couple of days ago, they are on her dads trail.  They called this morning and they think they have his address.”  Kevin explained.

 

“What does that have to do with me?” AJ asked.

 

“He’s in Mexico, Jerald and I are on way down with the FBI, he needed an emergency contact, so I gave him your cell, I’m not exactly sure where, I need to meet them in Mexico City and from there I dunno.”  Kevin said waiting for the fallout.

 

“Dude.” AJ said into the phone.  “Why couldn’t you just give him Brian’s?”

 

“Yeah, I can really see Rok handling an FBI matter.”  Kevin said a little sarcastically.

 

“Uh and I can? I put on woman’s clothing for shits and giggles.” AJ said getting a little upset.

 

“Alex.” Kevin said and AJ thought he was going to laugh.  “He probably won’t even need you. If it’s even his house, it’s happen hundred times before.”

 

“I dunno man.” AJ said reluctant.

 

“Please dude, it’s for Chels.” Kevin said into the phone.

 

AJ closed his eyes and sighed, that was a cheap shot.  He took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling and then looked down.  “Alright fine.”

 

“Thank you.” Kevin said and AJ could hear the smile on his face.

 

“Yeah man no problem.”

 

“So how are things? Brian said something about Rachel going down?”  Kevin asked.

 

“Something came up but she’s going to my show apparently.”  AJ said rolling his eyes a little.  It was nothing offensive it was just kind of a habit when he talked about his ex’s.

 

“Why the hell did you book it on the holiday’s I’m going to be in Kentucky.” Kevin said into his phone.

 

“Cause it was the only dates I could get for those places and I wanted to play them.” AJ said.  “I mean fuck dude the Roxy.”

 

“Yeah man it’s awesome, I’m proud of you; you’ve come a long way.”  Kevin said and AJ wondered if he was getting teary eyed.  “Anyways I need to go, I’ll try and come by and see you but if not I’ll give you a call and let you know what’s up.”

 

“Alright man, be safe.” AJ said as he sat up.

 

“I will, talk to you soon.” Kevin said and then he hung up the phone.  AJ closed his phone and sighed as he dropped it onto his bed.

 

“Lovely” He said as he pulled himself up.

 

There was a bang on his door and a roar of laughter.  He stopped and stared at  it as the people on the other side continued to laugh.  Curious he walked over to the door and opened it.  He saw Brian, LeighA, Howie, and LeighB, standing in front of him laughing hysterically.  When he looked down he saw Nick laying on the floor in front of him.

 

“What the fuck?” AJ asked looking back at the others.

 

“He tripped.” Brian gasped out. “Header, door, bam.” He said laughing harder.

 

“You tripped me you short little shit” Nick moaned getting up.

 

“I certainly did not.” Brian remarked.  “It was Howie.”

 

“What?” Howie said shocked.

 

“What do you guys want?” AJ asked finding the situation funny but he wasn’t in the mood.

 

“We’re going for a swim, wanna come?” Nick asked still rubbing his face.

 

“Yeah sure give me a few.” AJ said with a nod and then he closed his door.  He heard everyone outside crack up laughing again and Nick yelling at them to shut up.  Shaking his head with a laugh he walked over to his travel bag and opened it up.  He searched through it for his swim shorts.  When he found them he stood up and walked into the bathroom, grabbing a towel.  Walking back to the door he stopped just in front of it, he turned around and looked at his bed.  With a light sigh he walked over to it and picked up his phone.  He tucked it into his pocket and then left his room, meeting his friends outside.

 

 

“Chicken Fight!!” Nick shouted and AJ looked to the pool. 

 

He saw Howie with his wife on his shoulders and Nick with Brian on his as they stood off.  Brian and LeighB reached for each other as Baylee cracked up laughing beside him.  Sitting himself up on his arms, he continued to watch the show down.

 

“Come on Brian push her over!” Nick shouted.

 

“I’m trying.” Brian grunted as he looked down at the top of Nick’s head.  That was a mistake.  Quickly LeighB let go of one of his arms and grabbed his nipple and twisted it. “OW!” Brian shouted as he pushed her away and fell backwards into the water. AJ cracked up laughing as Howie and Leigh cheered. 

 

“What the hell dude!” Nick gasped as he popped out from the water.

 

“She cheated.” Brian said pointing at Leigh.  “Ow.” He whined again as he looked down at his injured nipple.

 

“Lame” Nick sighed as he rolled his eyes.

 

“You got beat by a girl.” AJ laughed at Nick as he stood up. Nick looked at Brian as he whined to LeighA about his injury.  He then looked back at AJ.

 

“You know dude, I’m surprised Rachel didn’t come out here.” Nick said to him.

 

“You are?” AJ said a little confused.

 

“She wouldn’t seem the type to give up a free vacation.” Nick smirked at him.

 

AJ shook his head and grabbed his towel.  “I’ll be outside.”

 

“Sometimes you can be a real asshole you know that.” LeighA snapped at Nick as AJ walked away. 

 

He walked outside and felt the sun hit him, warming him.  He laid his towel on the grass and sat down.  He looked around; there were only a couple of people outside. Lying down on this towel he stretched out and closed his eyes.  The sounds around him were hypnotizing and he felt himself drifting off to sleep.

 

“AJ!” He heard someone shout and his eyes popped open, he slowly lifted his head and saw Howie standing at the door to the pool.  “We’re leaving you coming?”

 

“Uh.” AJ said looking around.  The ones who were there when he came out were gone, it was just him.  “Yeah.” He said as he got up and grabbed his towel.

 

“Did you fall asleep?” Howie asked.

 

“Dunno what time is it?” AJ asked him.

 

“Five” Howie told him as they walked through the pool area.

 

“Then yep I fell asleep.” AJ said with a nod.

 

“After dinner Nick and I are going to the lounge, you wanna come?” Howie asked.

 

“I might stop by for a little bit.” AJ said with a shrug.

 

Same date

 

I’m getting ready for bed and it’s been an incredibly long day. I did how ever see the best concert ever courtesy of D and Nick, never heard a finer version of ‘All Night Long’ by Lionel Richie.  Kevin called said the people working on Chelsea’s case got a tip or a clue or something and they’re looking for him, here in Mexico.  Kevin is flying in to Mexico City meeting them there with his brother.  He couldn’t really tell me any thing more, I’m sure confidentiality and shit like that.  It’s been on my mind all day wondering where in the country he is.  Is he here, or is he near Mexico City.  I’ll be there in a couple of days, I wonder if Kevin knows that, I should call him when I’m done.  I hope they catch the son of a bitch and I hope he gets put away because that’s what he’s running from, he doesn’t give a fuck if he dies. Lock him up and throw away the key and he’ll go fucking stir crazy.  I don’t understand how he could hate her so much to do that to her.  Chels had so much going for her, she was being scouted by Kentucky U for their Gymnastic team at 16.  Whispers of the Olympics even although she hated it when her coaches would talk about it, she was suppose to go to the tournament that would put her in the Olympic trials, but because of him, she never got to go.  She was smart too, even if she didn’t go to KU which was extremely fucking doubtful, she could have gone anywhere.  She could talk about anything, and never really hated much.  Kevin called her an old soul.  Well I hope she has a better trip next time around.  I need to call him too before I forget, so I’m off to bed.