- Text Size +

                                   

Chapter 6

 

Ring….ring…

 

            AJ mumbled as he turned his head in his sleep.  His arm was tucked under his pillow, his head lying on top, his blankets barely covering his naked body as he laid sleeping in his hotel room.

 

Ring….Ring…

 

            His head popped up, his eyes half opened as he looked around the room; he was confused by the noise that woke him.  Scratching his head he rolled over as the noise went off again. 

 

“Son of a bitch” He cursed realizing he had left his cell phone on again.  He crawled out of bed and walked over to his back pack.  Standing in his room stark naked he answered the phone with a yawn.  “Hello?”

 

“Alex its Kevin” Kevin said on the other end.

 

“Dude, it’s like.” He stopped and looked over at the small clock in his room.  “It’s three in the fucking morning.”

 

“I know I’m sorry but this is important.” Kevin said.

 

“Is it about Chelsea’s dad, did you find him?” AJ asked as the thought woke him up.

 

“I can’t tell you right now, but if you come here, I can fill you in.” Kevin told him.

 

“Where?” AJ asked. 

 

“In a town called Morelia, it’s about two hours north west of Mexico City.

 

“Well I’m in Guadalajara” AJ said hoping he pronounced it right.  “It’s about four hours from Mexico City.”  AJ said unsure.

 

“Call the hotel get them to get you a car, I’ll be waiting.” Kevin said.

 

“What? Wait dude what do I tell the guys?” AJ asked.

 

“I’ll handle Brian he can fill them in.” Kevin told him.

 

“Dude.” AJ said not wanting him to say anything about Chelsea.

 

“Don’t worry I won’t say anything, I’ll just say you were the only one I figured was up.” Kevin said.  AJ nodded a little at the cover, it was true, he was some what of an insomniac.  “Are you coming out?”

 

“Yeah fine alright I’ll be there as soon as I can.” AJ said looking around and what shit he needed to pack.

 

“Alright, I’ll give you the address of where I’m at just get them to take you there.” Kevin told him.  AJ walked over to the dresser and grabbed the pen and paper pad.  He then wrote down the address.  He repeated it to make sure he had it right and then they both hung up.  AJ then picked the phone back up and called the front desk.  He asked them if they could get him a car to Morelia and they told him no problem.  When he hung up the phone he got dress then walked around the room and picked up all his loose clothing and packing it up.  When he was sure he had everything, he headed out the door and towards the elevator.  He handed in his keys at the front desk since he probably wouldn’t be coming back; they had a show in Mexico City tomorrow anyways.  They told him his car would be ready in 5 minutes, so he went outside for a smoke.

 

The car rolled up and he finished his smoke as the driver took his bags.  As the driver packed his bags into the trunk AJ butted out his cigarette and opened the back door.  He crawled in and stretched his legs out.  After a minute the driver got into the front seat and AJ handed him the paper.

 

“Tómeme aquí por favor” AJ said in Spanish, which meant ‘take me here please.”

 

“Si” The driver said with a nod and AJ sat back looking out the window, wondering what the guys were going to say when they woke up in the morning.

 

It was a long drive but it didn’t bother him too much, at least he could smoke freely without people bitching.  He wasn’t sure how long it had been when they pulled up to the town of Morelia, he pulled his phone out and looked at the time, and then opened it hitting Kevin’s number on the speed dial.  The car seemed to go down the more populated streets as it made its way through the city.  There was no answer and it made him worry a little bit.  He hung up the phone and looked out the window as they turned down another well lit street.  The houses were small but the buildings were tall, many designed in a traditional Mexican style.

 

AJ looked out the front window as they pulled up to a small building and he saw two men standing out front.  When the car rolled to a stop he realized none of them were Kevin.  He climbed out of the car and closed the door as the two men approached him.

 

“Are you Alex Mclean?” The man asked with a Mexican accent.

 

“Yeah” AJ said with a light nod.

 

“Kevin is inside.” The man said pointing to the door.  AJ took the bags from the driver and paid him, then followed the men inside. 

 

As they walked down the halls and he saw the people walking around in white jackets his heart began to race.  What the hell did Kevin get himself into, what the hell happened to him.  They stopped outside of a door and the one man turned to him.

 

“Wait here please.” He said and AJ just nodded.  He stood there waiting holding his bags.  It was about a minute before anyone came out.

 

“Hey you made it.” Kevin said as AJ put down his bags.

 

“What the hell is going on?” AJ asked.  “Why are we in a hospital? Are you ok man?”

 

“Yeah I’m fine and it’s not really a hospital.” Kevin said as he looked around.

 

“Could have fooled me.”  AJ said as the door opened again and the man that went in to get Kevin came out with Jerald.

 

“Hey Alex.” Jerald said with a nod.

 

“Hi.” AJ said with a light smile.  “So what’s going?” AJ asked.

 

“Come into the room we’ll talk.” Kevin said as he turned to the door.  “Leave your bags out here Jerald can watch them.”  AJ looked at Jerald who nodded, so he put his bags down and walked over to Kevin at the door.

 

His band mate opened the door and he walked into the semi lit room.  There was a table and chairs and nothing else he could see besides two curtains on the wall.  Kevin closed the door as AJ turned around.

 

“What’s going on?” AJ asked again.

 

Kevin stood by one of the curtains as AJ stared at him.  He then grabbed the curtain and pulled it back.  AJ looked at the window that was behind the curtain, one of those cop mirrors where you can see them but they can’t see you.  There was a woman in a suit sitting at a table; she was talking to another woman who sat in the chair across the table, her legs folded up against her chest, her head resting on her knees. 

 

“What is this?” AJ asked Kevin confused but Kevin wasn’t looking at him, Kevin was looking at the timid woman sitting on the other side of the window.  AJ looked back at her as she slowly lifted her head. 

 

            She looked at the woman across from her, her body shook but AJ barely noticed as he looked at her eyes, eyes as blue as the waters of the Caribbean.  She placed her arms on the side of her head and curled in even tighter.

 

            “Kevin.” AJ choked out through the flood of emotions that was going on in his body but he couldn’t take his eyes off her.

 

            “He found out some how they were coming, they said the place looked like he just upped and left, must have missed him by minutes.”  Kevin began to speak.  “They were searching the house, clearing it and they found a small room hidden in the back.”  AJ finally broke his stare away from her and looked at Kevin; both men had tears streaming down their face. 

 

“They found her in there, chained around the ankle, and they won’t tell me what has happened to her.” Kevin said as he looked back at her.  “All they are telling me right now is she is suffering from psychological trauma.”

 

“Gee, ya fucking think” AJ said angrily.  “I gotta go see her.” AJ said as he headed to the door.

 

“No, Alex you can’t.” Kevin said lunging across the room and stopping him.

 

“What do you mean I can’t?” AJ said as he turned around.  “She’s right there Kevin, look at her.” AJ said as pointed to her. 

 

“I know Alex, I’ve been here watching her for the past 2 hours since she got out of the hospital.” Kevin said.

 

“When, when did you find her?” AJ asked.

 

“The day after I called you, I didn’t know what was going on, what was happening with her so I wanted to wait, till I knew for sure.”  Kevin said as AJ walked over to the glass.  He watched her rock back and forth on the chair as the woman gathered up her papers and stood up.

 

“I’m going to go see what that lady says.” Kevin said as Alex looked at him.  “Don’t go in there man, She saw me at the hospital and she spazzed, took them hours to get her to calm down.  I’ll be back ok?”  Kevin said.

 

“Yeah” AJ said with a nod as he looked back through the window.

 

So many questions were going through his head but the biggest one was, was this all real.  Was he still sleeping in his hotel room and he’d wake up any second.  He lifted his hand to the window as he stared at her.

 

“Don’t.” He whispered through his tears as he lightly shook his head.  “Don’t be a dream.”