- Text Size +

 

~Chapter Twelve~

~Alexis's POV~

            A few days later I found myself out to lunch with Terri. When she called and asked me out to lunch this morning, I jumped at the chance.

            As much as I enjoyed spending time with Donnie, I just couldn’t take the sexual tension anymore. Ever since my Mom walked in on us and we had dinner with her, the mood has never been right. Which did not help me much at all, when I was horny as hell.

            “You look happy, but not as happy as you could be.” Terri said breaking m out of my thoughts. “What’s up lady?”

            “I’m happy, things are so much better than I could have ever dreamed.”

            “And the sex?”

            “It’s been three weeks.” I sighed. “We haven’t had sex since we got back to LA.”

            “What? Three weeks?” She yelled caused people to look at us. “I would have so jumped him by now.”

            “God, do you have to be so damn loud?” I rolled my eyes. “And yes it’s been three weeks.” I took a long drink of my water. “We came close a few days ago.”

            “But?”

            “My mother walked in on us.” I ran my fingers through my hair. “I have never wanted to kill her as much as I did that day. We were so close, I mean so close.”

            “And why the Hell are you here right now?” She raised an eyebrow at me. “When Nick and I first got together we were all over each other. And when I first moved in with him, let’s just say, we didn’t leave the house for a week.”

            “That is TMI.” I rolled my eyes again. “It’s not like I don’t want to, because believe me I do. But it’s like every time we get close, someone or something interrupts us. It’s really starting to piss me off.”

            “I’m sorry Lady. Maybe you just need to go home and jump him. It’s what I would do.

            I rolled my eyes again and took another drink of my water.

            “I mean really what’s the worst that could happen?”

            I just shrugged, not really wanting to say anything out loud to jinx it.

            “Go home and sex up your man.” She winked at me. “You’ll thank yourself for it. I just know it.”

            “You’re not going to stop unless I leave, are you?”

            “Nope.”

            “Fine, I will leave and go jump my man.” I took the napkin off my lap and set it back on the table. “I hope you’re happy now.”

            “Finally.” She grinned at me.

            I stood up and shook my head as I headed for the door. I could hear her laugh as I walked away.

            When I pulled into my drive way, I was trying to talk myself out of talking myself into leaving. As confident as I may pretend to be, I wasn’t sure if I could really go in there and jump him. There was no doubt that he wanted me as much as I wanted him, it was just felt like everything was conspiring against us.

            Taking a deep breath I got out of the car and headed inside. It didn’t take me long to find Donnie, he was out by the pool lifting weights, shirtless.

            Did I mention that he was shirtless? So drool worthy.

            I stood there leaning on the door for a few minutes staring at him work out, shirtless. God I loved his chest. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have someone like Donnie. Not just because he looked so good, but because he was such a great guy. Not something you find much these days, lord knows I’ve dated my share of asswipes.

            After everything I did to him while we were in Vegas, I’m so shocked he is as nice to me as he is. I’m just thankful we are actually trying this and not just giving up.

            Before I made my way over to him, I dropped my purse and shed my shirt. Donnie didn’t notice me until I blocked the sun from shinning on his face.

            “Hey.” He said sitting up.

            “Hey.” I said handing him his bottle of water.

            “How was lunch? I thought you’d be gone a lot longer.”

            “She sent me home to, in her words, to jump my man.”

            “Oh really?” He raised an eyebrow at me.

            “Yeah.” I said and pushed him back on the bench. “I can’t take it anymore.”

            I didn’t let him say anything; I just leaned down and kissed him. He ran his hand up my back and undid the clasp of my bra.

            I pulled away breathless and grinned down at him. It was even more exciting for me that we were doing this outside where anyone could walk in on us, but I really didn’t care. I was done waiting for this to happen.

            “This is more like it.” I bit the side of his neck softly. “Do you want this as much as me?”

            “I can come back if this is a bad time?”

            “You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.” I growled and closed my eyes.

            This is the second time someone has walked in on us in the last week it was getting old, so fast.

            “Um, I’ll just wait inside.”

            Donnie didn’t say anything as the door shut behind whoever interrupted us.

            “I’m sorry. I invited my brother over.”

            “It’s okay.” I slid off him. “No harm done.”

            I redid by bra as I head over to the door where I dropped my shirt. I pulled it off the ground and put it back on.

            “I am so sorry.” Donnie pulled me back into his chest. “I really didn’t know you’d be home so soon. If I had I wouldn’t have invited him over. He’s only here for a few days and I really wanted to see him.”

            “Don’t worry about it.” I pulled away and picked up my purse. “Come introduce me to your brother.”

            He just smiled at me and gave me a sweet kiss on the mouth, and then he led me inside to meet his brother.

            Donnie’s brother was sitting on the couch playing with his phone. When we walked in he looked up at us and smiled.

            “Mark, I’d like you to meet Alexis, my wife. Alexis, meet my youngest brother Mark Wahlberg.”

            “Nice to meet you.” I smiled at him. “So what were you guys going to do today?” I sat down in the chair across from Mark.

            “Not much, just hangout around here.” Donnie sat next his brother.

            “How about having everyone over for a BBQ?” I smiled at them. “I have a grill that I’ve never used. What do you think?”

            “Sounds like a plan to me.” Mark said smiling at me.

            “Good.” I clapped my hands and stood up. “I’ll go see all what we need then go to the store.”

            Donnie followed me into the kitchen. I tried my best to ignore him, but that was pretty much impossible. He was a hard man to ignore.

            “Lex, are you okay?”

            “I’m fine, a little embarrassed, but I’m fine.” I smiled at him. “I’m glad you feel at home enough here to have your family over. It really means a lot to me.”

            “I do.”

            “Well grab a beer and go catch up with your brother, while I make my list. Can you call everyone?” I handed him two beers.

            “Sure no prob.” He took the beers from me and kissed me on the forehead before heading back into the living room.

            I quickly made my list and then went into the living room to get my purse to find the guys had moved outside.

            “Donnie,” I called. “I’m headed out now, I’ll be back soon. Love ya.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~