- Text Size +

 

~Chapter thirteen~

~Donnie’s POV~

            “Did she just say what I think she said?” Mark asked. “I didn’t think you guys were to that point yet.”

            “We’re not.” I looked at him seeing the confused look on his face that I knew was also on mine. “It must have just been a slip of her tongue.”

            “I’m gonna come out and just ask.” I raised an eyebrow at him. “Do you love her?”
            I went to open my mouth, but he just held up his hand.

            “Really think about it first before you answer.”

            I sighed and sat down on the pool chair closest to me.

            “To tell you the truth, I don’t know.”

            “Want to hear what I think?”

            “Sure why not?” I shrugged. “You’re just going to tell me either way.”

            “I think your well on your way to falling in love with her, but you not quite ready to admit it to yourself, let alone her or anyone else.” I shook my head, hating that he was right. “Don, I’ve never seen you smile so much around a woman before. Not with Kim and definitely not with Selena. She makes you happy.”

            I just nodded agreeing with him. This was all happing way to fast and I wasn’t sure if I even wanted to stop it, if I could. I was so confused about the whole thing.

            “Why don’t you call the guys and invite them over like your wife instructed, so I don’t feel like a third wheel anymore.”

            I just laughed at as I sent out a mass text to everyone. I really hope that this party doesn’t blow in my face, like I had a feeling it was going too.

            “I’m gonna go shower, can you man the phone for me if anyone has any questions?”

            “I wasn’t gonna say anything, but since you brought it up, you do stink a lot.” I just tossed him my phone and headed inside.

            Mark followed right behind me.

            “So what shall I do while I wait for you to shower?”

            “I don’t know,” I shrugged. “Watch T.V., swim, go snoop, whatever.”

            “The T.V. is fine.” He went into the living room and made himself comfortable on the couch. He sat in the same spot where just last week Lex and I had gotten hot and heavy.

            I shook my head to clear my thought as I headed up to the master bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            By the time I got back to the living room, Nick, Terri and AJ had arrived.

            “Hey guys.” Terri just rose and eyebrow at me. “Lex back yet?”

            “She’s in the kitchen.” Terri said with a smirk.

            I just nodded and headed into the kitchen to find Lex. She was chopping the veggies when I walked in.

            “Hey Babe.” I kissed the back of her neck and wrapped my arms around her waist.

            “Hey Smexy.” I could tell she was smiling. “You smell good.”

            “So do you.” She put down the knife and turned in my arms to face me.

            “Missed you.” I kissed her as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

            “If you guys want alone time, we can leave if you want us too. It will be no biggy at all.” Terri said braking the moment.

            I stepped away from Alexis and smiled at Terri.

            “I’ll go see the guys and leave you ladies to it.”

            Terri shook her head as I walked from the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Alexis’s POV~

            “Okay, enough staring at my husband’s.” I snapped at her.

            “Okay, sorry.” She threw up her hands up.  I knew she wasn’t sorry at all, but I let it go, there was no point in arguing about it. He does have a fine ass.“So wanna explain why we’re here having a BBQ, instead of you ridding your husband like it was going out of style?”

            “Because his brother caught us red handed.”

            “Again? Damn Lady, it’s like the universe doesn’t want you to gettin any.”

            “Tell me about it.” I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. “I’m so frustrated it’s not even funny. I need to some soon before I lose it for good.”

            “Lose what?” Howie asked coming into the kitchen.

            “The little sanity she has left.” Terri answered.

            “Yeah we want her to keep that. I mean she’s bad enough as it is.”

            “Bite me.”

            “Where and when?” Howie wiggled his eyebrows at me.

            “Be careful, she really may take you up on that.” Terri snickered.

            I rolled my eyes and went back to the chopping the veggies.

            “What Donnie not doing his duty?”

            “It’s not for the lack of trying.” Terri laughed as I tightened my grip on the knife I was holding. “They just can’t seem to catch a break.”

            “Ouch.”

            “Out, both of you out.”

            They just laughed at me as they left the kitchen. I really wish they knew what I was going through right now. I have never gone this long without sex since I stared having sex.

            I closed my eyes and rolled my neck to ease the tension, not that it help much at all.

            “You okay?” Donnie asked stepping up behind me, but not touching me yet.

            “Please don’t touch me.” I took a deep breath and let it out. “If you touch me, everyone will get a free show and I really don’t want that. Not if I ever have to face them ever again.”

            “We can sneak away up stairs.”

            “God, please don’t tempt me.”

            I finished the veggies and handed Donnie the platter.

            “Take those outside for me, please.”

            “Okay, then I’ll come back for the hamburgers and hotdogs.”

            “Sounds good.” I gave him a quick kiss and sent him on his way, with a light slap to his ass.

            Once he was out the door, I went about getting the meat ready to go out to the grill.

            Why had I suggested a BBQ, when really all I wanted was alone grown up time with my husband? I mean really, is that way too much to ask? My poor B.O.B. has never been used so much then it has in the last few weeks. I like B.O.B., but I really just want the real thing.

            I can’t wait any longer, one way or another I getting my husband to fuck my brains out. I know we both really need it.

            “Thanks for inviting me to the party.”

            I turned to see Brad standing there glaring at me.

            “What are you doing here?” I stepped back away from him.

            “Your Mom called.” He shrugged.

            “And said what?” I was really trying not to lose what little patients I had left.

            “That you’d gone and gotten married.”

            “And why do you even care? We broke up three months ago.” He stepped closer to me. “Brad, you need to leave, now.”

            “If you weren’t such a cold hearted bitch, we’d still be together.” He lightly touched my face, making me flinch. “I never wanted us to end, you did.”

            “Get away from me and don’t touch me again.” I tried to push him away from me, but he just grabbed my arm and pulled me to him.

            “How quickly you forget that you are mine and mine alone. No other can touch you.” He squeezed my arm hard; I knew it would leave a bruise behind.  “We’re leaving.”

            “I’m not going anywhere with you, ever again.” I tried to pull away from him. “I’m married to a wonderful man, who loves me. Just like you never did.”

            “I don’t care; I can and will take care of that little problem.” He tightened his grip. “You’re coming with me and that’s final.”

            “No, I’m not.” I said and pulled hard breaking his grip on my arm.

            “Don’t play with me Alexis, you’re mine and you will be coming with me.” He slapped me across the face knocking me into the counter. Luckily I caught myself before I hit my head.

            “She’s not going anywhere with you.” Donnie growled out. “She’s staying with me, where she belongs.”

            “No, she’s coming with me.” Brad turned and faces Donnie.

            “Leave before I call the cops.”

            I slowly backed away from them, so when Donnie hit Brad, he wouldn’t fall into me. Grabbing my phone I didn’t stop moving out of the way until I hit the back wall.

            “I’m not afraid of you.” Brad snarled out.

            “You should be.” Donnie growled out. “You touched what’s mine.”

            I just clutched my phone to my chest and slid down the wall to hide.

            I saw Brad throw the first punch, which Donnie dodged easily. After that though I closed my eyes and tried to block out the noise.

            I’m not sure how long the fight really lasted, but to me it seemed like a life time before I heard Donnie’s voice.

            “Lex, baby, open your eyes.” He spoke softly not to scare me.

            I shook my head no.

            “The fight is over and the police are on their way.” I opened my eyes and looked at him. I could tell a few of Brad’s punches landed, but he wasn’t to badly beaten. “Can I help you up?”

            I just nodded yes and put my hand in his. He pulled me up and clutched me to his chest.

            “Are you okay?”

            I just nodded again and wrapped my arms around his waist. He kissed the top of my head and sighed.

            “The cops are here.” I heard Terri said.

            “Do you want to go talk to them or do you want me to handle it?”

            “I’ll go talk to them.” I pulled away and grabbed his hand. “As long as you’re there with me.””

            “Always.” He kissed the side of my head and led me into the living room.

            The first person I saw was Greg. I couldn’t help but be so relieved to see him.

            “Lexi, are you okay?” Greg asked as I rushed into his arms.

            I just shook my head as I started to cry.

            “What the Hell?” I heard Donnie ask.

            “Sorry, I’m Greg, Lexi’s brother.”

            I pulled away from Greg and wiped my tears.

            “Greg, I’d like for you to meet, Donnie my husband.” I took Donnie’s hand back into mine, letting go of Greg. “Donnie, this is my brother Greg.”

            “So, you’re the one that beat the shit out of that jackass?”

            “I was just protecting my wife.”

            “You’re not in trouble, you didn’t do anything wrong.” Greg held his hand out for Donnie to shake. “Anyone who can make my sister smile as you do, if okay in my book. Just remember I am a cop.”

            Donnie just smiled and shook Greg’s hand.

            I turned and looked at Terri.

            “Can you take the meat outside and start the grill, I’m sure everyone’s hungry. This shouldn’t take to long.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yeah, I’m sure. We’ll be out as soon as we’re done in here.”

            “Okay, and I’ll make sure no one comes in to bother you.”

            “Thanks.” She just nodded and headed into the kitchen.

            An hour later, Greg and his partner took their leave. I stood in the door way and waved as they pulled out of the drive way. Donnie was right by my side the whole time.

            When they were out of sight, we went back inside. Donnie locked the door behind us.

            “Are you sure you want to go out there?” I turned and looked at him.

            “Yes, I know that they’re worried about me. I know you are too, but I will be okay.”

            “If you’re sure.”

            “I am, we can talk about it tonight, okay?”

            “I will hold you to that.” He kissed my forehead.

            “I know you will.” I smiled at him.

            “Let’s go clam everyone down.”

            I smiled at him as we headed outside to face everyone.

            As soon as we stepped outside everyone was us asking questions that I really didn’t want to answer right.

            “Guys, really back off and let the lady breath.” Terri said.

            They back off some, but stayed in a circle around us.

            “Guys I’m fine, really.” I sighed. “Just a little shaken up, but I’ll be okay.”

            “Give the Lady a drink and back off.” Terri said slapping Nick in the back of the head.

            He gave her a look asking ‘what?’.

            “Get her a drink.” Terri pointed to where the cooler was.

            He quickly made his way over to get me a drink. When he came back over he handed me a beer and Terri kissed him on the cheek.

            And this is why she is my best friend; she just knows me so well and knows when I need something that I won’t ask for.

            As much I wanted to spend time with everyone, I really just wanted to be alone with my husband. I hope the rest of the night goes fast.