- Text Size +
~Chapter Six~
When we got back to the hotel, I went right up to Terri and Nick’s room to kidnap her yet again. I didn’t care if Nick would get pissed or not. I needed someone to bitch to and Terri was my number one listener. I really didn’t have anyone else that I could really trust enough.
Terri answered the door after three knocks. She didn’t look real happy to see me. But when she looked at my face, her face softened.
“What happened?” She said and let me into the room.
“We have to stay married for three months and then file for divorce.” I flopped down on the couch and covered my face with a pillow. “Donnie’s all pissed off at me.”
“Why?” I felt the couch dip by my head; letting me know she sat down.
“I hung out with AJ last night, and Donnie walked in on him sitting on my back.”
“Why was AJ sitting on your back?”
“He was putting lotion on my new tat. Donnie thought it was something that it wasn’t.” I tossed the pillow off my face and looked at her. “He thinks that I slept with AJ last night, like in we did the nasty. We fell asleep watching NCIS, nothing happened.”
“So what are you guys going to do?”
“I have no idea, we didn’t talk about it. I came right up here.” I sighed and tried to hold back my tears of frustration.
“What else happened? And don’t lie and say it was nothing.”
“He’s engaged to someone else.”
“What? Nick told me he was single.”
“Well yeah he’s not. So I have no idea what we’re gonna do. There’s no way in hell that I can go on tour with him.”
“Why not?”
“Well I can’t leave the shop to them again; I don’t have anyone to run it.” I looked at her. “You’re gonna be on tour with Nick. I mean they can’t even freaking handle it for a week.”
“Then I’ll stay back and come out for a week at a time, like every few weeks.”
“I can’t ask you to do that. Plus a little birdy told me that you’re vacation time has already been approved."
Before she could say anything Nick came out of the bedroom, pulling on his shirt as he went. I couldn't help but stare. Terri just slapped me in the head with a pillow.
"What?"
"You know what."
"I can't help it if he's gonna walk around with out a shirt on."
"I am standing right here." Nick said.
"Oh we know." I said sitting up. "We just don't care."
"Anyways Donnie is paging me, so I'm gonna go see what he wants."
"Have fun." Terri said; kissing him.
I just laid back down and covered my face. Terri didn't say anything until the door had shut behind Nick.
"What's wrong?"
"I want that."
"Want what?"
"What you and Nick seem to have." I uncovered my face and looked at her. "I don't want to be with someone who seems to hate me. I won't go through that again."
"What the hell happened to my best friend? Where did she go?"
"What do you mean?"
"Since this whole thing with Donnie happened, you really haven't been yourself."
"Its shaken me more then it should."
"He really did a number on you, didn't he?"
"Depends on who you're talking about."
"Brad."
"He broke my heart then stepped on it. I gave him everything and he broke me in everyway possible."
"Donnie's not like that."
"I don't care, I can't stay married to him."
"I'm not going to talk you out of this am I?"
I just shook my head and looked at the wall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Donnie's POV~
I was waiting in the lobby for Nick, when I saw AJ walking towards the casino. I walked towards him and stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.
“We need to talk.” I said when he looked at me.
“Fine, let’s go somewhere more private.”
I nodded and followed him over to a little alcove.
“What’s up?”
“What’s going on with you and my wife?”
“Nothing is going on. We’re friends and that’s it.” He shook his head. “Donnie, really nothing happened last night.”
“Then what the fuck did I walk in on this morning?”
“Nothing, I was just putting lotion on her new tattoo.” He threw his hands up. “Why would I do anything with her when I have Rochelle at home? Why do you care anyways? You don’t even know her.”
“And you do? You just met her the other night, just like I did.”
“I actually talked to her. Can you say that?” I could tell he was getting frustrated with me and I really didn’t care. “Have you spent any time with her outside the bedroom?”
I clenched my jaw and fisted my hands.
“Look I’m not say any of this to piss you off, more than you already are. I’m telling you this because I really think you two could be real happy together but you have to get to know her first.” He shook his head. “She’s not like other girls. You’re not going to find someone like her anywhere else. If you don’t want her, then someone else is going to take her from you.”
“Why do you even really care?”
“Because I know what she’s going through right now. You would too if you actually talked to her.”
Before I could really say anything to him, Nick walked over to us.
“Everything okay?” Nick said ;looking between the two of us.
"Yeah, everythings fine." AJ said. “I’m gonna go call Rochelle and try and work things out.”
“I thought you were going to come golfing with us.” Nick said ;looking confused.
AJ just shrugged and looked at the floor.
“You can always call her later.” Nick suggested.
“I know, but I’ve put it off long enough.” AJ said; looking at Nick. “I don’t want to lose her.”
“Rain check then?”
“For sure, we’ll have all tour.” AJ smiled at us. “I’ll see you guys later, don’t hurt yourselves.”
“See ya later Man.” Nick said as AJ walked away.
After AJ was out of Nick turned on me and raised an eyebrow at me.
“What was that all about?”
“Nothing.” I said shaking my head. “You ready to get your ass kicked?”
“You wish.” He laughed as we walked towards the door. “I’m gonna kick your sorry ass.”
"I highly doubt that." I laughed and slid into the drivers side of the car.
Nick laughed and climbed into the car.
When we were done playing golf Nick and I were siting on the patio eating lunch.
"So you gonna tell me why I came up on you and J having a staring conest?"
"It was nothing."
"I may be blonde but I am not stupid." He shook his head. "Let me guess it had something to do with Alexis. Why would you two be fighting over her?"
"We weren't. I just thought I saw something, that apparently I didn't see."
Nick just rose an eyebrow at me.
"So did you hear we have to stay married for 3 months?" I said; changing the subject.
"You know I can just get Alexis to tell me what happened."
"Its between the three of us."
"Okay fine be that way." Nick said rolling his eyes. "But let me give you some advice. As someone that has known Alexis for a while, she can be very stuborn, I mean really stuborn, but that's only because she's been hurt by the people clostest to her. If you want her to let you in, you have to prove it to her."
"AJ pretty much said the same thing, but how can I do that when she won't even talk to me?"
"How am I supossed to know?"
"I'm not even sure I want to stay with her." I looked down at the table. "All she sees me as is a washed up pop star."
"Did she actually call you a washed up pop star?"
"Oh yeah."
"Ouch, I know that had to hurt."
"More than I want to admit."
"So how are you planning on telling your fiance?"
"Oh you know about that huh?"
"I over heard Alexis telling Terri. I wouldn't have pushed you into coming if I had known."
"Its not your fault, I never told you." I sighed and took a drink of water. "I didn't really tell anyone. We haven't been engaged that long."
"You know she's not going to take this well right?"
"I know, but there's nothing I can really do about it now. I'm just going to have to play it all by ear."
"Well then let's focus on what we can fix."
"And what's that?"
"Your relationship with Alexis."
"And how do expect me to fix it when she doesn't want anything to do with me?"
"Sit down and talk to her." He said making it sound so simple. "And for God's sake stay the hell out of the bedroom. That's the last thing you need."
"Maybe I should take her out to dinner or something."
"That's a good start. She likes Thai food, I know for sure. And a good bottle of wine."
By the time we were done eating, I had all the info on Alexis that I needed for tonight I just really hope things go as planned.