- Text Size +
~Chapter Seven~
“Lex? Talk to me please.” Terri said; setting her wine glass down on the coffee table.
“I don’t want to talk about it.”
“I didn’t say we had to talk about that. I hate that you’re so quiet. I’m not use to this side of you.”
“It’s just been a lot to take in and digest.”
“I can understand that, but you’ve never shut me out like you have today. I feel like I’m talking to a brick wall.” She shook her head and sat back against the couch. “I don’t really get why this has affected you as much as it has. You’ve never been like this over a guy before.”
Before I could answer her, there was a knock on the door and I really couldn’t be more grateful. Even though I really didn’t want to talk to anyone else, it was better than answering her question.
“Want me to get that?”
I just waved her towards the door; letting her deal with whoever was on the other side.
“Hi Donnie.”
“Alexis here?”
“Yeah. Come on in.”
They both walked over to the couch and Donnie sat down while Terri remained standing.
“Well I’m gonna go see what Nick is up to.” She said walking towards the door. “Now don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.”
I just glared at her as she walked from the room, shutting the door behind her.
“I’m shocked you didn’t just use the key to come into my room, like you’ve done every other time.”
He just shrugged and looked the floor.
“What? Nothing to say?”
“I just didn’t think it would be a good idea Seeing how we left things.”
“Got that right.” I mumbled as I stood up to refill my glass.
I stood at the bar and slowly sipped my drink. I really didn’t want to deal with this right now but it would seem that I had no choice in the matter.
“I really don’t think you need that.” Donnie said as he pulled the glass out of my hand.
I turned and looked at him.
“Who are you to tell me what I should and should not be doing? You don’t even know me.” “That’s why I am here. I want to get to know you.”
“Why? So you can leave me in three months?”
“We could really have something great if you would just give me a chance. I can prove that I’m not like the others that have broken your heart.”
“You have no clue what I have been through.” I gritted out and pushed him away from me. “You don’t know a damn thing about me.”
“Then let me in.” He said cupping my cheek. I pulled away from his touch and headed back to the couch. Running my fingers through my hair I threw myself onto the couch.
“Why are you fighting this so much?” He came back over and sat on the coffee table in front of me. “You don’t know me so how can you judge me?”
“I don’t want to get to know you, I just want out of this fucking mess.” I wiped my face. I couldn’t believe I was crying.
“Why?”
“It’s none of your business. My private life is just that. Private.”
“You’ll have to open up to me at some point. We will be stuck with each other for the next three months.” He stood up and started to pace.
“What do you want me to say? You want out of this marriage just as much as I do.”
“To be honest with you, I really feel like you saved me from making a really bad mistake.”
“Oh and how’s that?”
“I’ll tell you when you tell me what happened.”
I rolled my eyes and pulled my feet under me.
“So have you eaten yet?”
“Nice way to change the subject, but no I haven’t eaten.” He raised an eyebrow at me.
“I’m not all that hungry anyways. But if you want,we can share something.”
“That sounds like a plan.”
I gave him a smile as he stood up to use the phone to order room service.
I couldn’t take my eyes off his ass as he stood by the desk. Every time I walked past the desk I was reminded about what happened on there.
Closing my eyes I looked away from Donnie’s backside. I was going to need all my strength to keep myself from jumping him. Again. It was going to be hard, but I had to do it.
“So, what do you want to talk about?” Donnie asked sitting back down on the couch.
I opened my eyes to look at him and he was sitting a lot closer than he was before. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat.
“I was thinking that you could use my spare room when we go back to LA.”
“Okay, not what I really had in mind to talk about, but I guess that is important.”
"Well where did you think you were going to stay?"
"I really don't know, I didn't really think about it much yet."
"Well we have to live together and I figured you could just stay with me."
"I guess I could have my boys watch my dog for me."
"You mean as in your band mates right?"
"No. As in my children."
"You, uh, have kids?"
"Yes Two boys; Xavier and Elijah." He shook his head. "You really don't know anything about me."
"No I don't."
"I think this is really a first for me." He laughed half heartedly. "Usually every girl wants something from me or wants me just to farther their career."
"Yeah not me." I shrugged and shook my head. "I've built my own, I didn't need anyone’s help."
"So what do you do anyways."
"I own my own company." That's all I divulged.
"Well that's helpful." He rolled his eyes. "How old are you?"
"How old do you think I am?"
"I'd say you look like you're in your early to mid-20s."
"Thanks, but I'm not." I tried hide my blush. “I’m actually 30.”
"You really don't look it.”
“The only good thing I got from my Mother.” I smiled slightly at him. “You’re not just saying that are you? You really mean it?”
“Yes, I really mean it.” He closed the gap between us. “You’re beautiful.”
“I’m just me.” I looked away from him.
“No has ever told you that you’re beautiful, have they.” It wasn’t a question, it was more like a statement.
“Not since my Dad died.” I pulled away from him and stood up. "He's the only one who has ever called me that and meant it."
"I'm sorry." He wrapped his arms around from behind me and squeezed. "Every girl deserves to be called beautiful by someone who really means it."
"Well not all guys can be like you." I turned in his arms and looked into his eyes. I could see that he meant all that he said to me. "Your eyes have this way to draw me in and keep me there."
"I could say the same about you."
Pulling his head down, I kissed him like there was no tomorrow. Even though I knew that I shouldn't, I let myself get lost in the kiss.
He pulled out of the kiss and laid his forehead on mine and sighed.
"You're like a drug I can't stay away from."
I pulled out of his embrace and put some distance between us.
"I'm good on my own. I don't need anyone to take care of me."
"That's part of the problem right there." He sighed and stepped towards me. "You're too damn independent for your own good and you can't see when you have something great right in front of you."
"Well just be glad I'm nothing like my Mother." I laughed. "She's a gold digging whore."
"How can you say that about your Mom?"
"Because, it's the truth." I shook my head. "I had at least 10 stepfathers by the time I left for college. If that doesn't scream gold digger, I don't know what does."
“Well that explains why you’re so closed off to love.”
“Well that and the fact that my last boyfriend cheated on me for the last two years of our relationship.” I shook my head and laughed. “We were together for five years. To top it off the bitch he cheated on me with calls a few days ago and invites me to the fucking wedding.” I wiped my nose on my sweat shirt. “The only reason he’s marrying her is because her Daddy is making him since he knocked her up.”
“So you’ve sworn off guys then?”
“Yes, pretty much.”
“Well then I will just have to prove to you that I’m not like all the others.”
I just shook my head and walked into the bedroom.