- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For those who asked so kindly, an early update!  :D

 

Chapter 40

Cynthia's POV

            After Destiny finally calls me back, I can't just sit here and wait.  My temper isn't something I can keep bottled up inside and right now, I want to explode and I want Donnie to catch the full force of that explosion.

            I call for a car and load my lap top with the evidence I need.  I pack my suitcases so as soon as I finish feeding Donnie his balls for lunch, I can get a flight and get out of LA myself.

            By the time I get to the studio, I have a full head of steam and I'm ready to let them all have it.  When I get inside, none of them hear me.  It's blatantly obvious none of them feel worth a shit and if I weren't so mad, I could almost feel sorry for them. 

            When Donnie sees me, he stops dancing.  They all do and Jordan says, "I thought you weren't working today."

            I say, "I'm not. I quit."

            Jon says, "Wait, wait, stop the music."  When it's quiet in the studio, he says, "What do you mean you quit?"

            I look at Donnie and say, "Care to take a guess?"

            He says, "Look, I know you're mad at me, but Destiny said she forgives me.  We're going to talk about it tonight.  I got drunk last night and acted like an ass.  I don't know why you'd think you have to quit."

            I say, "Have any of you been on twitter today?"  None of them answer me, so I say, "I guess not.  Well guess what, Destiny was and at this moment, she's God knows where, driving home all alone because all of you are class a bastards.  YOU being at the top of that list, Donnie."

            Shock fills Donnie's voice when he says, "No, she said she'd wait."

            I say, "Yeah, well, she waited.  Until she saw the pictures and the videos.  I warned you in Boston not to hurt her.  I told you not to.  Yet, you go and do it anyway."

            Jordan says, "Wait, what the hell are you talking about?  What's on twitter?"

            I say, "What, did you all get so plowed last night, you can't remember what you did?"

            Donnie says, "Honestly, Cynthia, I don't remember anything beyond someone shoving a shot in my hand and saying first round's on me."

            I open my laptop and start the video and say, "Does this ring a bell?"

            I watch them all as they watch it.  All of them are shocked at what they see.  Danny says, "I don't remember that happening."

            Joe says, "What the fuck was Jules doing there?  Isn't she supposed to be working in New York?"

            Donnie says, "Cynthia, I swear, I don't remember this.  I saw Jules at a coffee shop in Boston and she gave me her new number.  I shoved it in my jacket pocket and forgot it was there until Destiny found it.  I don't remember seeing her last night at all."

            I look at them all and say, "So you all have amnesia, huh?"

            Jon says, "Cynthia, I swear to you, I didn't see Jules last night.  I sure as hell didn't see Donnie dancing on the bar."

            Donnie says, "I have to find Destiny."

            I say, "No, you don't.  You have to leave her alone and we have to figure this out.  I think it's strange none of you remember any of this."  I look at Jordan and say, "What did you do when you left the club last night?"

            He thinks for a few minutes and says, "I don't know.  I don't remember leaving."

            I say, "You don't remember helping Donnie back to his hotel room?"

            He says, "No!  I swear, I don't remember how I got home at all."

            Jared says, "Before we go any further, I think all of you need to be drug tested."

            Donnie says, "Is she ok?"

            I shake my head and say, "No.  I'm scared to death Donnie.  She's devastated.   I can't get her to tell me where she is.  She turned her phone off and she won't answer my calls or texts.  She promised to call me when she stops for the night."

            Before he can say anything else, Jared says, "Let's go, right now.  You're all going to have drug tests.  If you were drugged, we have to figure out who and how."

            Donnie steps in front of me and says, "I swear, Cynthia, I love her.  Only her."

            I say, "She told me to tell you she loves you and if you love her, just give her some space.  If it does turn out you were all drugged, I'll fly home and talk to her."  Looking around at all of them I say, "I'm sorry for going off like I did.  I didn't think..."

            Jordan says, "Stop it.  We know why you did it.  And we're not letting you quit.  We'll get to the bottom of this.  Go back to the hotel and wait to hear from Destiny.  Call us if you do."

            When I'm in the car on the way back to the hotel, I call Destiny.  I knew it would go straight to voice mail so I say, "Dez, I saw Donnie.  There's something strange going on.  Call me when you get this and try to calm down.  Please.  I love you."

            After I hang up with her, I call Nick.  When he answers, I say, "Can you come by the hotel?  I need to talk to you."

            He says, "I wanted to talk to you too. You ok?"

            I say, "No, just come by the hotel, please.  I just need someone to talk to."

            He says, "I'm on my way."

            After hanging up with Nick, I close my eyes.   When the car stops at the hotel, I head straight up to my room.  I keep looking at my phone, trying to make it ring by staring at it, but it doesn't.  I'm beside myself with worry for Destiny.  She's so fragile right now and if she loses the baby, I don't think she'll survive.

 

            When Nick gets to my room, we sit down to talk.  I say, "Something weird happened last night and now Destiny's on her way home."

            He says, "She flew home today?"

            I say, "No, she rented a car and she's driving. I have no idea where she is or anything.  All she said when I talked to her was she needs space.  Nick I'm scared."  More than anything, I want Nick to take me in his arms and hold me, but he doesn't.  Instead he just holds my hand.  I say, "It's all so strange."

            He says, "What?"

            I say, "When I confronted Donnie about all the shit on twitter, he didn't remember it.  None of them did.   Jared's having drug tests done on them now.  He thinks they were drugged and this is all a set up to somehow come between Donnie and Destiny."

            He says, "Who would do such a thing?"

            I say, "I don't know.  But my guess is this bitch Jules in this video.  She seems to have shown up out of the blue and now my best friend is shattered and I can't do anything to help her."

            Nick says, "I'm sorry Cynthia.  I wish I could do something."

            I say, "Thanks for listening.  It helps to just have someone to talk to."

            He says, "I'm glad I can be here for you.  Want me to stay for a while?"

            I say, "I would, but I think I'd be better off alone."

            He says, "Sure.  You can call me again if you need to talk.  I have to leave LA for a couple of days, but my phone will always be on."  He stands up and pulls me into his arms.  He says, "Don't worry, I'm sure everything will work out the way it's supposed to."

Chapter End Notes:

let me know! :)