- Text Size +

15

Emma made it back to the hotel that night before any of the others did. She had to admit to herself that she’d had a good time and had enjoyed the concert. She wasn’t real sure how to take AJ. She knew he was nice, and that for the most part when they were around each other it was spent with friendly banter. Yet, she didn’t know if he was purposely trying to flirt with her, or if that’s just how he came across. She was hoping that it was the latter so that she didn’t have to disappoint him.

When she got back to her room, she re-read the note that AJ had left with the concert ticket.

Dear Emma,

You asked for a tip… so here’s your tip. You’re off the hook tonight. No working. Instead, you’ll be in the audience experiencing the concert like it’s meant to be seen, from the front row. Consider it a belated birthday gift from me. You’re also getting dinner as part of your tip too, so plan on meeting me afterward back at the hotel, I won’t take no for an answer.

And yeah, I know… “I didn’t have to.” I wanted to.


AJ

After scribbling her own note on a piece of hotel stationary, she checked her watch and then grabbed a few things before quickly heading back down to the lobby. She stopped at the front desk leaving directions with the clerk about the note she’d written and who it was for, then she slid out of the side entrance to the hotel avoiding the fans as well as the band members who were just beginning to walk through the front doors.