- Text Size +

20

“So what’s up with you and Tee Shirt Girl?” Nick asked me as we sat at a table waiting for an autograph session to begin. The mass of fans hadn’t been let in yet so we were all sort of sitting around doing nothing while waiting.

“She has a name, Nick…” I groaned as I kept most of my attention on the doodle that I was working on.

“Yeah… it’s Tee Shirt Girl,” he said and chuckled.

When I ignored him he stole my pen and I looked at him, “Hey!”

“Hey, nuthin’. I’m talking to you, asshole. You’re giving that piece of paper more attention than me and I don’t like it.”

I rolled my eyes, “The Hazards of Growing Up a Pop Star, by Nick Carter.”

“Fuck you…”

“Maybe later, I don’t think the fans would be too thrilled to walk in and find us in the throes of a quickie.” I stole my pen back from him and chuckled as I looked back down at my doodle. It sucked.

“Seriously, what’s up with you? I know you’re hanging out with her because every time I try to find you to go out after a concert you’re off with her doing something. But you never tell me anything about her. What’s she like? What do you do? Is she single? Does she think I’m hot?”

He laughed and I couldn’t help but chuckle. The thing I loved most about Nick was that when it was the two of us talking, we never bothered with bullshit. We always just said things as plain as day, and with us it was just fine that way. “I highly doubt she’d be interested in anyone who calls her Tee Shirt Girl… But yeah, she’s single.”

“And?”

“And what?” I shrugged and gave up on my doodle.

“What do you guys do?”

“We hang out. Watch television, talk about whatever comes to mind, smoke…”

“No hot donkey sex?”

I laughed, “No.”

“Why not though? She’s cute.”

“Yeah, but she’s my friend.”

“Like you’ve never fucked a friend.”

“True. But how many of those friends am I still friends with now?”

“Uh… none?”

“Bingo.”

“So okay… you can’t fuck her. But I can.” He wiggled his eyebrows at me and laughed.

“I don’t think so.”

“Why not?”

“Cause if you hurt her I’d have to kick your ass and that wouldn’t be good for the group. Plus, I don’t think she’s looking for a quick fuck.”

“Maybe she’s my soul mate. I’ll fall madly in love with her and marry her and all of that romantic shit.”

I laughed, “Shit is about right… but still, no.”

“Can I at least come with you two some night when you hang out?”

“Maybe.”

“Why maybe?” he said with a grumpy face.

“She’s pretty uh…” I paused looking for the right word. “Private. Sometimes even I have a hard time getting her to talk to me. She might not be too cool with having someone else around. But I can ask her.”

Nick took my doodle and looked at it then laughed, “This sucks…”

I smiled, “I know…”

“Anyway…” he said and looked at me again. “What are you guys doing tonight?”

“I have no idea. Maybe just sitting in my room watching TV and ordering food.”

“Well ask her if I can join ya. I just wanna see what she’s like. She’s gotta be interesting if she’s won you over so easily.”

“I’ll ask her…”

“Cool…”

Yeah, cool. Maybe.