- Text Size +

30

Waking the next morning Emma felt a sense of déjà vu’. Except on this occasion, the arm of Nick’s that was wrapped snugly around her was attached to his naked body. His bare legs were entwined with hers and his tee shirt that he’d worn to dinner the night before was covering the top three quarters of her body. She used the same sliding out of the bed onto the floor technique that she’d use the morning before and waited to move until she was sure Nick wasn’t going to wake up. She then crawled around the room looking for her clothes only to find them in the other room in a haphazard pile near the door of his suite.

Standing up near the door knowing that Nick would never be able to see her from the bed even if he’d been awake, she pulled on her jeans as quickly as possible and grabbed her bra and panties from the floor wrapping them in the shirt that she’d worn to dinner.

A jolt rushed through her body as she reached to open the door and she reminisced about just why their clothing hadn’t made it much further into the room. They themselves hadn’t made it much further into the room either. In fact, in retrospect she thought that Nick’s bodyguard Billy probably could have had a pretty good listen to just exactly what she and Nick did against that door if he’d lingered at all before going to his own room. She felt her cheeks blush hot both with embarrassment as well as intimate memory of the things they’d done with one another not only at the door but also in the rest of the suite. Then, with a run of her fingers through her hair to bring her back to the present, she grabbed the door handle and quietly slid from the room leaving Nick snoring in his bed.