- Text Size +

33

Phoenix is hot, and yeah I know, they’re always saying how it’s a dry heat so it’s not as bad… but whatever, it’s still fucking hot. I love warm weather, but I don’t think anyone could pay me enough money to live in Phoenix. It’s just too hot.

We survived the bus trip together without anyone suffering any major damage, and surprisingly enough we were all still speaking to each other at the end of the trip too. So in all, the road trip was a success.

Later that evening at the hotel when we’d all spent a few hours apart sleeping in our respective rooms, I decided to find Emma and see what she was keeping herself busy with. Being the lazy ass that I am, I called her cell phone instead of going down the hall to see if she was in her room.

“Miss me?” she chuckled as she answered the phone after two rings.

“Horribly…” I laughed and lit a cigarette. “What are you up to?”

“Same as you. Sitting on my ass and smoking a cig.”

“I’ll have you know I’m standing up right now…”

We both laughed, “Whatever, Big Spender… so what’s up?”

“I’m bored.”

“Oh so you call me?” she laughed. I loved hearing her laugh, it meant she was in a good mood. Emma in a good mood was always a great thing. “Didn’t you ever hear the quote, ‘For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill? Seek him always with hours to live…’”

“No, I haven’t, but I like it…” I told her with a smile. “You hungry?”

“I could eat…” she told me and I could hear her taking a drag of her cigarette. I did the same with my own and looked out of the window at the city. “Here in the hotel, or out?”

“Out… I’m getting claustrophobic.”

“You spent like half the day on a bus, and now that you’re in a hotel you’re claustrophobic? You’re weird.”

“I never claimed to be normal…” I laughed.

“True…”

“I’ll call Marcus then I’ll come by your room and get you, okay?”

“Cool beans…”

I smiled to myself, she was definitely in a good mood. “I’m out…”