- Text Size +

Nick couldn’t help the huge smile that graced his features as he looked into the audience. You would have to be an idiot not to enjoy the attentions of thousands of fans night after night, especially when they are mostly female fans. He pointed to a girl in the front row and blew a kiss to another before noticing her.

                She definitely caught his eye, wearing a plunging purple dress that screamed, “No, don’t bother looking in my eyes!” and dark hair pulled to one side, revealing blonde hair with what looked like cheetah print colored into it.

                However, it wasn’t her cleavage or her hair that caught his eye… No, it was the fact he was staring straight at her, and she didn’t appear to give a shit. Hell, even the woman holding the “I <3 Howie!” poster right behind her appeared to be screaming his name, trying to get him to wave at her, which he eventually did.

                He had to move quickly to get to his next spot in the choreography, but he glanced over his shoulder, finding her again. Nope, she honestly didn’t care.

                He made it through the rest of the show, his eyes still drawn to cheetah print hair, but trying not to vie for her attention. There were plenty of girls who were there for him; he needed to focus on them instead of some ice cold bitch in front row.

                Where the hell did that come from? He wondered as he headed backstage to change and shower. He had never called a fan a bitch before, no matter how psycho or rude they were. What was it about this one that had him so riled up?

                He tried to justify several scenarios in his head, including the fact she shouldn’t have taken a front row seat if she didn’t care, and left it to a fan who would appreciate the view.

                He ducked his head under the spray of the shower, closing his eyes, and just trying to wash the tension away. He had never let a fan get to him like this… He seriously needed to stop dwelling because now he needed to be able to focus on that now, and not be “moody” as some fans called him.

                Nick eventually finished getting ready for the after party and caught up with Howie, “Hey, ready to go?” he asked.

                Howie glanced up from his phone, “Yeah, was just texting Leigh to say good night… Ready whenever you are…” he said, following Nick out of the arena. “Did you want to grab a bite to eat on the way?”

                Nick nodded, “Yeah, something quick though,” he said softly, following Justin through the halls out of the arena. “Do we even know where we are going this time?”

                Howie nodded, “Mum, Voodoo? Something witchdoctory,” he said with a shrug.

                Nick chuckled, “Witchdoctory? Really?”

                Howie shrugged, “Shut up,” he said before shoving his friend away, laughing softly.

                The younger man just chuckled and headed outside, still following Justin to the car they were going to be in for the night. He ruffled the shorter man’s hair before climbing into the car, laughing as Howie reached up, “Seriously?! Was that really necessary?”

                Nick nodded and looked out the window, “Yep, absolutely necessary…” he said watching the scenery as Justin began driving to the club they were appearing at tonight.

                The three men made small talk throughout the ride, stopping for food at Taco Bell before making their way to the club. Nick chugged a bottle of water and began sucking on a breath mint, not wanting any sort of atomic breath, though he doubted the fans would even notice or care. He just never wanted to see a picture of him on a gossip site with the caption “Atomic breath” beneath it.

                Justin climbed out and made his way to the door to figure out where they were going and all that before returning to Nick and Howie, “Ok, ready guys?” he asked. The two nodded and climbed out before following Justin through the crowd of screaming girls and flashes going off, girls trying to capture that first look of them in the club. He tried to keep his eye on Justin’s back but out of the corner of his eye could’ve sworn he saw cheetah print.

                Nick did a quick double take and sighed in disappointment when it was only a girl’s bra that had been revealed when her dress started slipping off her shoulders. He focused back on Justin and went behind the velvet rope and had to lean over to hear the manager explain what was going to happen. He was used to the meet and greets being first, so this wasn’t anything new, really, but it was still polite to at least act like the manager wasn’t an idiot.

                The manager finally got out of the way and the first girl came through, a cute red head that could not stop smiling, which made her endearing to him. He pulled her closer to him for the picture and had a huge smile on his face until he saw it.

                Cheetah print hair…

                And there was no mistaking it this time.

                Nick tried to smile again but couldn’t focus on anything other than following the girl through the crowd.

                Again, she was the only one who didn’t give a damn that he and Howie were within reach.

                He sighed, “Sorry, Justin, one more” he said, trying to find the same smile he just had for the girl and for all the others going through the line.

                It was probably only fifteen minutes later, but it felt like an hour, and Nick was able to make his way to the bar. Yes, he could have just told Justin to get something but he’d seen the dark hair and cheetah print on her way to the bar. He finally found her again in the crowd and walked up to the bar, getting the bartenders attention. He placed his order then looked at the girl, “What are you drinking?” he asked, figuring most people liked free alcohol.

                “I’m not,” was all she said before she began walking away.

                Nick’s eyes just followed her through the crowd until she finally managed to blend in.


Chapter End Notes:

Hope you all enjoyed Chapter 1! Feel free to leave me a review!