- Text Size +
“Why am I dressed like I just walked out of a music video?” Cassie whined. She was so not in the mood for her friends tricks. She knew it was just another ploy to get her out of the house.
“Hush! You look way hotter than any of those girls,”Ellen replied ; touching up Cassie's hair. Like she really needed any help. The girl had natural curl that hairdressers dreamed of.”It's just a little black dress Cas. Every woman should have one.”
“You look really hot Cassie,”Rebeca commented ; bringing the matching heels into the bedroom.”Here. Put these on.”
“You expect me to walk in these?!”
“You know how to walk in heels. Seriously Cas, this Friday night date of yours is getting old. Not that he isn't hot but you need a real man. One that can make you scream without the help of a battery operated device.”
“If nothing else, just humor us for a couple of hours okay?” Ellen batted her lashes.
“Fine. You get two hours. Beyond that, I take a cab home,”she agreed.
“Well it's something. Who knows, you might not even need that cab.”


“Why are we here?”Brian stood still in front of the club.”You know this isn't my scene.”
“Because you seriously need to get some and you can't do it sitting in front of a TV moping all night long,”AJ said.
”Come on. All kinds of girls show up on ladies night. You might even meet a nice one,”Nick added; trying to convince his friend it was a good idea.
“Why are you so up on this? You've got a girl,”Brian returned.
“Because I'm sick of hearing you whine all the time. I know what I sound like and it's not pretty.”
Brian just looked at Nick in shock. Had he really got that bad? He must have for his friends to be dragging him to a nightclub. Maybe he did need something soft and cuddly besides his pillow.”Okay. You win.”
“If you're lucky, you will too.”AJ nudged him as they headed for the door. He prayed this was going to work. Once they got to the bar, they ordered some drinks and waited. AJ looked down at his watch. 8:45. Shit! Why are women always so late?! Maybe they couldn't get in? That didn't seem plausible considering it all women got in free. Then he spotted her. Cute! She was tugging at the short little skirt of her black dress. She was definitely Brian's type. But her friend, the one with legs up to her neck, Yowza! With any luck, he'd be hitting that before the night was but first things first. He had to get Brian together with Cassie first. AJ nudged Nick to look the same direction he was.
AJ turned around and got the bartender's attention telling him that whatever they wanted to put it on his tab.


They scooted into a booth and a waitress appeared at their table shortly after.”What can I get you ladies this evening. We do have our two for one drink special until 10.”
Cassie was surprisingly the first to speak up.”I'll have a tequila sunrise.” She was going to need all the help she could get to make it through this sea of goons.
“And for you ladies?”
After they placed their orders, Rebeca and Ellen turned to Cassie.
“What?! Like I'm not allowed to have a drink?”
“No. I just thought you were going to ease into it,”Ellen replied.
“Well you know what they say.....when in Rome.”
“At least you're getting into the spirit.”Rebeca smiled.
The waitress returned with their drinks five minutes later and when they had reached into their purses to take care of the first round, the waitress smiled and said,”The gentlemen over at the bar have taken care of this round.”
Rebeca looked over and saw the adorable little man that Cassie was here to meet.
Ellen looked over and saw the dark haired one and replied,”Could I borrow your pen and a napkin for a minute?”
“Sure.”
Once she was done, she handed the napkin and the pen back to the waitress.”See that the dark haired guy gets that will you?”
“Of course.”
“What was that all about?”Cassie said.
“Nothing.”
“What are you up to?”
“Nothing you need to worry about.”Rebeca smirked.
“Fine.” She sipped the drink through her straw and surveyed the crowd. There were men there. Just not any she was really interested in.......hold on! There we go. He was cute. Really didn't fit in with this crowd. Then again, neither did she. Okay, so he was cute from what she could see across the club. She watched as he politely fended off the advances of an overeager blond that had already had one too many.


AJ opened up the folded napkin and turned to Nick.”I think we have a bite.”