- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Glad to see you're all still enjoying it. Been awhile since I've played with the Boys :)


“So now that we've got the formalities out of the way, maybe we could go dance? Have a drink? Maybe even talk a little bit?” Brian smiled. He liked the dress but he could tell the personality coming out of her wasn't completely her.
“How 'bout that dance? Then we can work on the rest.”
“Sure. Can you give me just a minute though?”
“Of course.” He was really very sweet. A gentleman so far. He had turned to send a text message. That much she could tell.”Everything okay?”
“Yes. I just wanted to thank my friends for whatever they'd done to get me here with you.”
“If I know my friends, they probably had more to do with it than yours,”Cassie said as he opened the door for her; the loud blast of music assaulting them.
“To be honest with you, my friends had to almost drag me in here. It's not my kind of scene. Well not all the time anyway. I just went through a divorce so if I happen to stumble over my tongue, it's nothing personal.”
“I think that could be a two way street.”She smiled as he escorted her down onto the dance floor. She felt his hand on the small of her back and it was a nice gesture. Nothing sexual about it. Like he was minding his manners or something. She could tell by the slight accent that he was not from around here. Rather refreshing to be honest.
When the music had slowed, he didn't want to be presumptuous and just pull her into his arms.”Would you like to continue or should we take a break?”
Slipping her arms around his neck.”That answer your question?”
He slid his arms around her waist and rocked to the gentle rhythm of the music playing. She moved in closer and his hands slid upward to the middle of her back. He was starting to get worked up and he wondered if feeling that would send her running. After all, she was a nice girl wrapped in a bad girl package tonight. Like one of those girls that just walked off the set of a music video.
She could feel his body reacting to her and she was sure it had more to do with the dress than the girl inside it but then again, she'd never been very good at reading men. Other than to know when they were just flat out creeps of course. He wasn't but it did feel nice to know somebody was that attracted to you. Eight months with no date but your TV 3 nights a week then the Friday night one appears the same time you decide to in public. She was having a good time but she had to wonder what would have happened if the fantasy had become reality?
“Penny for your thoughts?”He said.
“Was I that far away?”She lifted her head and looked into his eyes. He had the most amazing blue eyes. She loved a man's eyes though. You could tell a lot from them.
“You were a little distant darlin.”
Was that the foot in the mouth he was talking about because he seemed to be a little embarrassed about calling her that.
“I'm sorry about that.”
“About what? It was sweet.”
“And you like that?”
“ I like being treated like a lady and you have.”
“Well my momma did bring me up to respect women.”
“I like your mom already.”
“I don't know about you but I could use a breather. Maybe even another drink?”
“That's sounds like a good idea.”She took his hand and led him back to their booth. She knew they were there because she'd passed both of them on the dance floor.
Before she sat down, he said,”So what can I get you to drink?”
“Honestly a soda sounds good right about now.”
“Any particular kind?”He grinned cheesy.
“A Coke will be fine.”Smiling and giving him a soft peck on the cheek. He'd earned that much. Hopefully letting him know she was enjoying his company.
“I'll be right back.” Returning the gesture before letting go of her hand. Okay. That is just way too sweet. The kind that got her all hot and bothered but no sooner had Brian left her side, Donnie slid in next to her in the booth.
”I think your friends are conspiring to keep us apart.”
Why did the sound of his voice make her tingle all over? Oh yeah, it was that raspy, deep tone. Part of her was really digging on the 'bad boy' falling all over himself to get near her but the better part of her was completely wrapped up by the good boy. What was a girl to do?”I guess they think there's something better out there for me.”
“Is there?”
“I don't know. Would you be good for me?”
“I'd be good for you and good to you. Say we talk about it after we dance?”
She knew she shouldn't but when would her fantasy come true ever come true again? Most likely never.”Let's go.” She knew Brian would be back but something about Donnie just captivated her. She had to take the risk. They danced to a few songs and the way he was touching her, it was obvious he wanted more than just a little dance floor grind. They returned to the booth and he scooted in beside her. Absolutely no space between them. His arm slid around her shoulder as his eyes met her. Shit! He had great eyes too. Mesmerizing was the word.
“I could play a lot of games with you but I think you know what I want to happen.”
His lips moving so close she could almost feel his breath. It had to be a chemical reaction because it would have been so easy to just flat out grab his face and lay one on him but she turned her head just as their lips were about to meet.”I'm sorry. I can't do this.”
“Okay.”
She turned her eyes back up to his and placed her hand on his arm that was resting on the table.”If you'd have walked into my life any other night, I wouldn't have thought twice about leaving with you.”
“But tonight?”
“Something happened and I'm not really sure how to explain, I just know I gave up something millions of women dream about getting from you every week. Like you've never heard that one before I'm sure.”
“Actually I haven't.”
Cassie blushed . She was going to reveal to him something she thought would never be said that evening.”It's been awhile since I've been out on a date and you're a large part of that reason.”
“I don't get it.”
“You. Are my Friday night date. You think I'm weird now don't you?”
“I think you're absolutely gorgeous and why you spend Friday nights at home with me, I can't comprehend.”
“You and my friends both but I do kind of have a thing for TV detectives.”
He chuckled.”I can't say I'm not disappointed but that other guy, very lucky. It was nice meeting you Cassie.”Softly brushing his lips against her cheek before he left the table.
Her heart went kaboom when he did that but she prayed she hadn't screwed up and lost out on Brian.