- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


My friend has a birthday coming up and this is what she told me she wanted. Hope you all enjoy it as much as she does.:-)


Kevin pushed the rustic cabin door open and stepped in.”Lord this place looks like a tornado ripped right through it.”
“Then I guess it's a good thing we came up early. That way we can blast it and they can eat off the floors,”Skylar quipped as she turned back to him. He was a gentleman after all. The rest of their friends would be up in a couple of days. Hopefully the weather would hold out.
“Can't you ever just humor me?”He grumbled.
“Not if I can help it. Let's get our things then we can get to work on this dustpile.”
“You're not gonna let me even get settled?”
“What's to get settled? We've got cleaning supplies and our clothes in the car. It won't kill you to get your nails dirty.”
“You really have to work on your sales technique because even I wouldn't buy that,”Nick said; standing in the doorway.
“What are you doing here?”
“What? Am I too early?” Not realizing he was two days too early.
“Um about two days blondie,”Skylar replied but an extra pair of hands certainly wouldn't hurt. When did he start looking like a man? Goddammit! He got lean and trim, muscles in all the right places. Stop it!”But since you're here, you can get down on your hands and knees and get a little dirty.”
He could say something cute but Kevin would have his nuts for lunch.”You're the boss.”
Skylar headed for the door and looked up at him.”Excuse me.”Glaring at him to move his gorgeous ass. Really Sky! Stop it. You've got Kevin. Why would you wanna give all that man up for goofy here?
“For what?”
“Get your ass out of my way you moron.”
“Well you don't have to get so nasty about it.”And stepped aside. It was insane that the old man got that all to himself. He pulled his suitcase inside and found Kevin in the kitchen.”Been awhile since you been here big guy?” Nick remarked.
“ I don't know. What do you think?” He remarked sarcastically as the pipes rattled when he turned the faucet on to get a glass of water.
“Sorry!”
“Did you really get the dates mixed up or do you just like torturing Skylar?”
He thought for a moment then answered,” A little of both I guess.”
“Why?”
“Why do I like to razz her? Because she makes it easy.”
“Keep it under wraps okay Carter?”
“Do I have to?”
“You know what I'll do if you don't.”
He knew.”I'll behave.” For how long I'm not sure.” There was a brief silence between them before he said anything again.”Um, I'm gonna go help Skylar.”
“Nick,”Kevin said; giving him a warning look.
“I”ll watch myself.”

“Make sure you do.”
What was he on? Does he seriously think I'm going to mind my manners with her? She's such an easy target and so damned fucking hot it's off the charts. Besides, it was just flirting. No harm in that, right?
He noticed her struggling with one of the cases.”Need some help?”
She looked up.”Not from you.”
“Please Sky. I”m trying to be a gentleman here.”
She snorted. “Good one but I can manage.” She grabbed the handle with both hands and attempted to drag it up to the cabin.
“Skylar, this is not the time to be stubborn. Let me help you.”
“Why?”
“ Because it's obviously too heavy and I'm trying to be nice.” She wasn't making it very easy to keep things under control with her hands on her hips all defiant and shit.
“The day you play nice is the day hell freezes over.”
If that's the way she wanted it. Standing as close as he could with the object between them, he smirked.”I guess you'd better bundle up then cuz the storm just rolled in.”
God! Who did he think he was?! Shows up early. Probably did it just to piss her off and why did he have to be so fucking close?! His eyes met hers and why did they scream 'fuck me!' every time it happened?! He just didn't let up. Give up Sky. You know he's won this time. Not even on your mother's grave! He stepped back as though he were going to retreat but his eyes never left hers. He leaned over and lifted the goddam thing like it was nothing. Fuck him!
“Cold over there yet?”He grinned.
She groaned. It was going to be a long week.