- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Two chapters today just because somebody's making me feel really, really, really, good right now. Enjoy!


“We're done. Move,”Skylar said flatly.

“Like that?” Nick replied. He was still stunned that she'd let him have her again. Wait, she just used him.

“What do you want Nick? A fucking medal?! It was good. We're done.”

Well that's one way to deflate a guy's 'ego'. “Don't have much a choice now do I?”

“You're lucky you got what you did,”she replied sharply as he pulled away. She eased off the counter and grabbed her discarded clothing. She headed upstairs and when she opened the door, came eye to eye with a very stone faced Kevin. Fuck him! He was the one that started all the madness. He rest against the headboard; arms folded.

“Having a good time?” He snapped. He knew he was at fault for her behavior but did she have to be so brazen about it? Did you forget? This is Skylar we're talking about.

She glared at him icily and was about to head into the bathroom when her cell phone went off. Looking at the number, she hit the talk key.” Hey Bri!” She smiled.” What's up?”

“Well, we've been trying to get hold of Nick and can't find him and we tried Kevin's phone and it went straight to voice mail as well so I thought I'd try your phone.”

“Good thing you did. They had their phones turned off.”

“They?”

“Yeah. He made it up just before the storm hit.”

“I see.”

“Don't worry. I haven't killed either one of them.....yet.” And tossed her phone in Kevin's general direction. She didn't care if she was rude to Brian at that point, she just needed to get out of Kevin's line of vision. She went into the bathroom and locked the door. Dropping her bra to the floor, she turned the shower on. She adjusted the temperature and stepped in. She let the water drain over her body forever before she actually did any clean. Despite how much she'd wanted everything that happened, she was feeling dirty. Well, what she'd just done with Nick anyway. It was a spur of the moment thing and as good as he made her feel physically, it repulsed her that she sunk to that level. She did a lot of things in life but using men like that was not one of them. She finally finished and turned the water off. Sliding the door open, she grabbed the towel and wrapped it around herself. She grabbed another and wiped the steam off the mirror. She laid it on the counter and took a deep breath.
This just was not happening. No way her boyfriend would just give her up like that. Granted, he was involved at one point but from Kevin it didn't make any sense. Well, the planning part did but the threesome part of it, not so much. It's like she never really knew him at all. She heard the knock on the door.

“Not that you care or anything but the rest of them are on their way up. They should be here in an hour.”

She met his information with silence. She loved him but dammit! He went too far. She heard the outer bedroom door slam and she opened the bathroom door. Good! He needed to know what it felt like to be hit with a brick wall every time there was something that needed to be dealt with. That's how he was. She usually was the one that had to make peace. Not this time. He was going to be the one that broke. That was for damned sure! She didn't care if the others were on their way up. He should have thought of that before he planned his little fantasy weekend. She felt some relief knowing Kevin wouldn't kill Nick before she got downstairs. Then again, after that little stunt she pulled, she wouldn't be surprised if he blamed Nick for it. Screw 'em! Let them kill each other. After drying her hair, she went to her suitcase and found a pair of white slacks, matching turtleneck and a soft pink angora sweater. She dressed and returned to the bathroom. She put on her makeup and finished styling her hair. She wasn't doing this for them. Everybody else would be showing up and she wasn't about to look like a slob just because the two of them were pigs. She made her way down the stairs and she saw the two men at each other's throats. Not good. She may not be on speaking terms but she wasn't about to let them kill each other.”You! Over there! “ Pointing to Kevin and directing him to the kitchen then turned to Nick.”You! Over there!” Motioning him toward the furthest side of the living room. She might have been the smallest one in the building but they listened when she talked.”Unbelievable. You're grown men acting like a couple of children! No more!”

“But Sky-” Kevin protested.

“I don't want to hear it! You caused this! I thought I knew you! Why did you do this to me?!”

“I thought I was doing something good for our relationship,”Kevin admitted meekly. How she did that to him, he'd never understand. He was supposed to be the strong one.

“Something good?! You made me believe I was cheating on you.”

“Uh, that was my idea actually,”Nick spoke up; almost afraid of the repercussions if he did.

“I don't know why that doesn't surprise me.”

“Don't you play the innocent victim in all this! You knew what you were doing last night when you decided to take me up on my offer,”Nick accused.

“I didn't know that I was being set up!”

“Would you have done it if we asked you?”Kevin turned her attention back to him.

“That was a fantasy Kevin! Not a lot of women dream about being sandwiched between two men! We have sex on a schedule for God's sake! Most people screw when the mood strikes them!”

“Is that why Nick got you off? Because it was impulsive?!”

Brian had just barely stepped in when Kevin's question flew out there. What the heck was going on?

“Yes! It felt fucking great! There! Are you happy now?!”

Brian looked to Nick for an answer and got nothing. Okay.”What the hell is going on?” Brian interfered.

They all three turned to him and noticed the stunned expressions on the faces of the others following him.