- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


It's Tuesday! Yay! I have two chapters for you today :-)


Kevin rolled over the next morning and found he was alone. He'd felt the bed shift in the middle of the night and thought nothing of it. Probably just needed a drink or something. Maybe she was already up that morning. Hard to tell. He went about getting dressed for the day not thinking anything of her lack of presence but it wasn't until he got down to the kitchen that he realized something wasn't right. “You guys seen Skylar?”

Leighanne looked up from the cup of coffee she'd been staring into.”We thought maybe you knew but then we saw your guys' rental gone and...” she shrugged.

Kevin moved to the window. Sliding his fingers through his hair, he balled his hand into a fist and almost slammed it against the wall. “Dammit! I should have known she'd do something like this.”

“You couldn't have known anything Kevin. She's confused. It's a wonder she didn't just grab the keys and take off yesterday afternoon between you and Nick.”

“What's going on?” Nick said as he arrived at their conversation.

Leighanne returned to staring into her coffee cup and Brian still hadn't come to terms with the fact that Kevin wasn't as 'in love' with Skylar as he should be.”Skylar took off,”Brian answered.

“What'd you to do her man?”

“Nothing other than what I already did. I'm sorry Nick,” Kevin said apologetically.

“We need to find her.”

“I know but where do you suggest we start looking? She's probably already half way home.”

“I just saw the weather report Kevin. I highly doubt she's going anywhere with the way things are looking,”Leighanne interrupted the two.

“Airport hotels is where we start then,”Nick said.

“Let me get my shoes and we'll head out.”



Leighanne had gone back and forth about doing it but forty five minutes later, she dialed Skylar's number. She may have not answered either one of them but she needed to know the girl was okay. Three rings later, she heard Skylar's voice.

“I know you're calling for them Leigh.”

“They're out looking for you girl. Where are you?”

She didn't want to tell her but figuring it was a safe bet she wouldn't call and tell them, she said,”I was going to fly out but they said the runways were impassable so I'm stuck at a hotel until they are.”

“Well at least you're safe.”

“I'm going to be fine. I just needed to put some space between myself and them. It was getting to be a macho fest between those two and I just couldn't take it anymore.”

“Well you'll figure it out when the time is right.”

“Leigh, thank you for being so optimistic because I can't figure my head from my ass right now.”

“You know I'm here if you ever need to talk Sky.”

“I know and I appreciate it. Hey, can you hold on for a second?” Skylar went to open the door. “Uh Leigh, can I call you back?”

“Everything okay?”

“Yeah. I've been found by the dynamic duo minus the blond. I'll talk to you later.”

“Can I come in?”Kevin said.

“I guess but where's your partner in crime?”

“I had him wait down in the diner until you and I had a talk.”

Stepping aside, she let him in and closed the door.

He sat down on the bed and looked at her. She leaned against the wall; arms crossed. He couldn't blame her for being angry but it wasn't going to get any easier by waiting any longer.” I don't know where to begin Sky. I really screwed up this time.”

“Yes you did,”she agreed.

“What do you want Sky? I know I made a mistake.”

“A huge one! For God's sake Kevin, you let me believe I cheated on you! How the hell am I supposed to feel?!”

“I know and I'm sorry but I did have my reasons.”

“What? You actually let the brainless wonder talk you into it? That's real brilliant.”

“I can't do this anymore Sky. I can't be what you want.”
“What are you talking about Kevin?”

“When I saw you with him the other night, I knew I couldn't give you what you want. It's something I've been feeling for awhile now Sky. I love you but I'm not in love with you anymore.”

“No. No! You are not doing this to me! Not now!”

“I just want you to be happy baby and I think you could be with Nick.”

How the fuck did he know how she'd be happy. Until a few days ago, she thought Kevin was it. No other man could ever be the center of her world then in strolls Nick and turns everything upside down. And up until today, she was still in love with Kevin. Still was. Why'd he have to pull this shit now? There was a reason she asked him if they could go up early. She just never got the chance to tell him in all the confusion.”How do you know I'll be happy with anybody else but you?! I've always been happy with you. Hell I was planning to spend the rest of my life with you and our child but now it looks like you went and screwed that up too!”

The color drained from his face.”Did you just say what I think you did?”

“That I'm pregnant?! You fucking bet I did!”