- Text Size +
After unloading the vehicle, the trio started working on the cleanup of the place. Kevin and Nick went to work pulling the slip covers from the furniture as Skylar started working in the kitchen. She could hear the muffled arguing and reluctance on Nick's part and she laughed. Kevin still knew how to keep a tight leash on him. Now there's a thought she mused with a smirk. God girl! Seriously?! Nick?! You've got Kevin. Tall, dark and handsome. He treats you like a queen. What is it you want with Nick? Well other than to jump him and just be done? I mean really, Nick still acts like a teenager when it comes to you and you're both the same age. Used to be that's the way a guy tells you he likes you but you're grown now and his taunting is just that. Nothing but trying to get her goat and doing a fine fucking ass job at it. She really had to get a grip and find her balls so to speak or it really was going to be a miserable week. At least there'd be more of them in a couple of days and she wouldn't be the focus of his constant antics. She opened the refrigerator doors. God! These needed disinfectant before they even considered putting food in it. She heard their voices getting closer. The oven should be just about ready to be wiped down. It was the first thing she'd taken care of. Kneeling down on the newspaper set out around the bottom of it, she put her rubber gloves on and started wiping it down. She could feel eyes on her but she didn't turn because it would just provoke more ribbing. She got up and took the bucket of dirty water and dumped it down the drain. The pipes rattled but they would until they were used a few more times. She rinsed the bucket and filled it with fresh water. She needed a break. Leaning against the counter, she watched as Kevin and Nick started pulling the covers from the furniture in the living room. The kitchen opened up onto the living room so she had a full view of the two men at work only her eyes lingered on Nick. Why can't you stop looking at him?! She scolded herself.
He could feel her eyes on him. She needed to really see what she was missing out on by staying with the old man. Much as he loved Kev, this was just one thing he couldn't get past. After pulling the plastic off one of the smaller pieces of furniture, he caught her gaze and pulled his sweatshirt off ever so slowly. She needed to get a good look at the merchandise if she was going to buy any part of it. The look in her eye told him she was not disappointed with the view of him in his wifebeater. He gave her that sly grin that melted the panties off women twice her age when they were on stage and went back to work.
Kevin had noticed the entire show and was not pleased with Nick's little striptease for his woman. It was like she was enjoying the remodeled version of Nick why? Oh yeah, because at some point women did do that. But Skylar wasn't one of those was she? Not wanting to be one upped in the department of physiques, he pulled the sweater and T-shirt he was wearing beneath it over his head. Take that you little brat!”Nick, could you give me a hand with the one on the couch here?” Drawing her attention to himself.
“Sure.”It would give him one last chance to get a good dig in at Skylar without saying a word.
She looked at Kevin and knew she'd been caught but he still gave her a wink before going to work on the couch. Those broad shoulders and the way his muscles rippled with the slightest of movement. For a man his age, he still looked nothing like it. And as for Nick....shit! There she went again. Frustrated, she grabbed the bucket out of the sink and got back to work on the oven. Pigs! She should have known what that was all about. Men and their egos! Why'd you have to leave me alone with two of the largest egos around? Looking up to the ceiling hoping God would give her an answer. No such luck.


Six exhausting hours and a shower later, she laid in bed with Kevin; back turned to him. She hoped he would take the hint of what a prick he'd been trying to prove that he was just as good looking as Nick. She was with him. What the fuck more did he want? They look at young, attractive women all the time. Like she's not allowed to look?! But that was the bad part about it. It wasn't just looking anymore. Nick had grown up and thanks to his more recent flame, had improved his health. She wasn't around anymore but he was still taking good care of his body and it was hard to not take notice of all those long, lean and firm muscles flexing as he had helped Kevin. It was even more difficult to disguise the very obvious tension between them. It couldn't be played off as him giving her a hard time either. He wanted her and he was coming after her full force. It didn't matter to him that she had Kevin. Kevin was just interference until he could get his hands all over. Touching her in places she'd never dreamed of him touching her before now. Little bastard could still get to her from three rooms away. She felt Kevin's arm slip over her waist and pull her closer.
“I'm sorry about earlier baby. I let jealousy get the better of me.”
At least he knew he was wrong.”It's okay. Nick just tends to have that effect on us.”
“Why I don't know. Seems so grown up sometimes then he pulls the amateurish high school tricks out of his bag and there comes the kid again.”
Skylar could play it off all she wanted but he was definitely not a child anymore. Well not in the physical sense at least.”It's just who he is Kev.” Resting her hand over his.
“I just don't like the way he peacocks himself around you. He knows we're together. I don't know why he thinks that's going to change.”
Maybe because it was. Who was she kidding?! It was. He was taking the slow and steady approach and why Kevin had concluded that baffled her. He was obviously smart enough to give the young 'un a run for his money but he couldn't figure out that Nick was making a play for her? Unbelievable!”Maybe he just hasn't got it through that thick skull of his.”
“Then why do I get the feeling you're encouraging it?”
“Encouraging what? I don't like the boy.”
“Your eyes told me different this afternoon.”
“I was just admiring the view.”
“Not even a little part of you wanted to know more of him?”
“You're being ridiculous Kevin. I'm with you. I don't want nobody else.”
“If you say so, I just thought I felt something more there than what it was.”
“There's nothing going on. Now go to sleep.” She could play it off all she wanted but deep down she knew it was true. Nick Carter had grown up and she wanted to have a piece of that action.