- Text Size +
“Are you sure you don't want to come with me?”Kevin said the next morning as he was getting ready to leave for town. They had some food with them but they needed some refrigerated goods before the others arrived. He grabbed his keys off the counter.
“I'm sure. I'll be fine,”Skylar replied. She knew he was worried about Nick making a move on her but she did have some self control. Too bad she'd thought about flinging it out the window when Nick came out that morning in nothing but his flannel pajama pants and no shirt. They were in the middle of nowhere with a winter storm warning and he was going shirtless. Hell! Kevin had gone shirtless last night. How is it men can do that?! She'd had to get dressed before she could even get going. She'd donned sweater and jeans for the day. Nick had eventually put on some clothes but not much less revealing than before. The jeans were snug and a long sleeve t-shirt that showed off pretty much everything he'd been displaying before.
“Nick?”
“Huh?” He looked up from the television.
“You wanna come with me?”
“You're not gonna poison us are ya?”He teased.
Only if you hit on my girlfriend again.”I wouldn't do that. So?”
“I think I'll just stay here. Maybe catch up on that book I've been reading.”
“A book? What is it? A comic?” He snorted.
“It's a real big book Kev without any pictures. Hard to believe but I'm not thirteen anymore.”
Skylar choked on her coffee. Oh My God! Did he just do that to Kevin?
“I'm sorry. I was just giving you crap for all those years you tortured me.”
“It's gonna take a lot for all that.”
He retreated. The kid had got smarter as well. That's the part that scared him about Nick being alone with Skylar. She may be a strong woman but stronger have been weakened by those big blue eyes of Nick's.”Okay. I'll be back in a couple of hours then.”And closed the door.
Finally, they were alone.
“So what's on TV?”Skylar casually inquired.
“Couple of news channels and the weather right now,”Nick said. She was playing it way too safe.
“So you really brought a book up here?”
“Does everybody find it so hard to believe that I would pick up something more than a book with illustrations to back it up?” He got up from the couch and and slipped onto a barstool at the long bar that separated the kitchen from the living area.
“Well yeah,”she said as she poured herself another cup of coffee.
“I guess I do kind of deserve that.”Nice and slow. Don't want her to see it coming.
“Really?”She turned and looked at him. Like she was actually interested in what he had to say.
“Considering I have this tendency to act like a kid most the time, I don't blame anybody.” He chuckled
Oh it was so wrong for the sound of that to make her tingle.”People change I guess.”
“Yesterday you were ready to feed me to the hounds. What gives?”
“Not sure. Maybe the fact that you're acting like a grown up.”
“Oh since I'm not clowning, I'm okay?”
“Honestly Nick. Some of your jokes aren't that bad and it's kind of endearing at times.”
“Now you're jerking me around Sky.” Was she really serious?
“You'd know if I was.”Taking a sip of her coffee as she leaned on the counter. There was still a safe distance and she honestly wanted to see if Nick had seriously changed or if he was just playing her?
“Right. So tell me something Skylar?”
“What?”
“What kind of books do you read these days?”
“Why?”
“Just making conversation.”
“I guess a little bit of everything. Depends on my mood but I like the Twilight books and Harry Potter. Sometimes I like a little romance.”
“You mean Kev's not enough for you in that department?” Okay. Time to get this party started.
“I have no complaints there,”Skylar said. She could feel her temperature rising and she had no clue why. He was nowhere near her.
“Really?” He got up from the barstool and came around to where she was.”Because the way you were looking at me yesterday, I could have sworn I was a big ole piece of chocolate you were just waiting to enjoy.”
“I was just admiring the view.”Fuck! How does he do this to me?! She thought as she felt herself being trapped against the counter.
“It looked like you were taking tiny nibbles out of it; savoring the flavor.”His eyes met hers. Oh she was so his!
“I was doing nothing like that,”she stammered. Fuck! She hated that he rendered her speechless. She was supposed to hate him right?! Her body was saying otherwise. She could have him so easily and Kev would never know. But she would. Damn!
“You sure about that?”He smirked and was leaning in closer to her lips.
She nodded weakly. Oh hell! It was just a kiss right? She pulled his mouth to hers hungrily. It was too hard to keep resisting. Kevin wouldn't be home for another hour at least. There was a lot that could be done in that time.
That was easier than he thought. He didn't even have to pull out the old man card on her. Her fingers tangled in his hair as his hands roamed down her body; moving back up and curving around her breast.
She whimpered slightly as his hand moved down around her ass; her legs wrapping around his body .
Backing her against a wall, she could feel how hard he was. And how big! That's one place Kevin did not have him beat. Fuck no! She couldn't do this. Drawing out of the kiss she said,”I can't do this.”
“You were doing pretty good.”
“I was insane.”
“Then I must be out of mind cuz it felt pretty damned good to me!”Nick shot back.
“You have not fucking changed at all!”He'd let her down at this point.
“And you have?!”
“Yes! I grew up. You didn't.”
He pulled her hand to his arousal.”I know that's only physical to you but I feel more for you than you realize.”
She reached around him and pulled the door open. She had to play him for just a second or this would never work.” I know. And that's why I can't do that to you. I love Kevin.”
“You weren't thinking of him when I had my hands on your ass!”
Easy Peasy. “You need to cool off Nick.” Shoving him out the door and locking it behind him. What the hell just happened?!