- Text Size +

My Breathless Mistress VI

Chapter One

                December 18th, 2009

 

I’m on my way home, sitting on the plane going to LA after landing in New York. It was a long ass tour. I got a new tat, Betty Boop with my Grandmothers name under it, can’t wait to show Chels and Nadia.  Speaking of Chels she’s doing well, no headaches in I don’t know how long, a couple of months at least and the ones she has had were just normal headaches. Ohh and happy 18 weeks day!! Tomorrow we have the Ultra Sound and I can’t fucking wait.  I hope we get to find out boy or girl, I always thought I wanted a boy but now I just don’t know.  Another girl would be cool but a boy would be awesome.  Although I feel for Nadia, I guess Cheslea’s been a little on the overly bonding side.  I think it’s because of those hormones everyone’s always talking about but I think I got a surprise in the works for tomorrow after the ultra sound for her; hopefully it’ll chill Nadia out a little cause she might snap soon.  Ha-ha.  I’m off now till February. Sweetness, gonna enjoy this time with my fam, I love saying that, my family.

 

AJ threw his bag over his shoulder and shut the door to his car.  He walked to his front door with an excited pace and reached for the knob, as he skipped over his front step.  With his keys in his hand he fumbled with them until he found the one to the house.  He was still getting use to the new key and the new house.  They had just moved in last month, he was able to line up the moving with a small three day break on tour.  Chelsea and Nadia both loved the place but he was still getting use to it.  Slipping the key into the door he unlocked it and then turned the knob as he pushed open the door.  When he opened the door he could hear the sound of the TV and someone in the kitchen.  He looked to the couch and saw Chelsea stretched out watching TV.

“Hello!” He shouted into the house as he dropped his bag by the closet.

“Dad, sweet you’re home!” He heard Nadia shout from the kitchen as Chelsea sat up.

 

“Hi sweetheart” He smiled as he started to walk over to her but he was cut off by his daughters arms wrapping around him as she popped up in front of him.

 

“Hi” Chelsea replied with a smile as he wrapped his arms around Nadia.

 

“How ya doing kiddo?” He asked as he looked down at Nadia.

 

“I’m good” She replied but them made a really tense face, implying about the stress Chelsea’s put her under.

 

AJ chuckled as he hugged her again.  “Can you grab me drink?”

 

“Dew?” Nadia asked.

 

“You know it.” He replied.

 

AJ smiled as he watched her walk out of the living room and into the kitchen.  He looked back to Chelsea and she was watching the TV again so he walked over to the couch and knelt down in front of her.  Her eyes drifted to him and she smiled as he smiled.

 

“Don’t get up or anything.” He said sarcastically.

 

“I won’t, because if I do I might topple over.” She replied and AJ giggled.

 

“Chels your only five months, how big can you be?” He replied smiling.

 

“Not that.” She replied rolling her eyes lightly. “I get a little dizzy and sometimes I just lose my balance. Doctor says it’s normal as my uterus moves to the center of my body.”

 

AJ nodded not really sure what she was talking about. “Right.”

 

Chelsea smiled and rolled her eyes.  “Usually it’s down here.” She said as she pulled back the covers and AJ saw the bump.  He hadn’t really seen it yet, being on tour when they found out.  “Now it’s here.”

 

He put his hand on top of her stomach, it wasn’t the big baby bump that you see near the end; it was small almost like the size of a half a basketball.   Usually when he was filled with emotion; it was sadness, hate, pain, or loneliness.  But this feeling, this feeling that was swirling through out him was of pride.  Her left hand gently slid across his and he looked up at her.  They both smiled and AJ couldn’t help but wonder if she was thinking about the things he was thinking about. 

 

The moment he saw her sitting at the table, when Kevin had brought him to that place in Mexico and when he held her later that night.  The way he felt when he woke up and saw her at the hotel in Kentucky, the night that started the problems with Jerald and Tim.  The work it took to realize they would never be with each other again, whether it was because he thought she was dead or she thought he would have had a life that left her behind.  To the realization that there was a second chance and they’re lives could still be shared together.

 

“So how was the tour, what did ya get me?” Nadia asked as the couple’s moment was broken and they looked at their daughter.

 

“Nadia” Chelsea sighed.

 

“He told me on the phone he got me something.” She replied a little defensive.

 

“Go grab my bag.” AJ said with a laugh and then he looked at Chelsea.

 

“How are you doing?” He asked.

 

“I’m tired but ok” She replied.

 

“Still having trouble going to sleep?” He asked as Nadia walked over with his bag.

 

“Yeah” She nodded.

 

“And what about you, how’s school?” He asked.

 

“Its school” Nadia replied with a shrug.

 

“She tried out for the Volley-Ball team.” Chelsea said with a smile.

 

“You did, why didn’t you tell me?” AJ asked as he looked back to Nadia.

 

“Dunno, I didn’t really want to but Kandis was trying out, so I went along.” His daughter replied.

 

“Well did you make it?” He asked.

 

“Yeah” Nadia nodded.

 

“Seriously?” AJ asked a little surprised.

 

“The team was posted yesterday.” Nadia said.  “We both made it.”

 

“Kick ass.” He smiled as he raised his hand and she reluctantly high fived him.  “What it’s not cool to high five anymore oh wait it’s this now.” AJ said as he closed his hand into a fist.  “Come on, don’t leave me hanging.” He said when Nadia didn’t do anything.  With a roll of her eyes she fist bumped him back.  He heard Chelsea giggle at them but he ignored it and reached into his bag.  On purpose he struck up a conversation with Chelsea playing it off as if the gift inside was no big deal. 

 

Nadia took the plastic square package that was wrapped in shinny silver wrapping and looked at it confused.  She flipped it around a few times and then began to pull off the paper.  He knew there would be silence as he looked out the corner of his eye and saw her staring at the package.  He saw as her eyes light up and she gasped with excitement.

 

“O.m.f.g.” She spoke saying each letter.  “How did you get this?” She asked as she looked at AJ.

 

“What is it?” Chelsea asked a little confused.

 

“This…” Nadia said holding up to reveal a CD with the words Nick Jonas and the Administration written across it with a picture of Nick Jonas on the cover.  “This is his solo CD it’s not out yet, how did you get this?!” She asked with her eyes as wide as a deer caught in headlights.

 

“Met up with him and his brothers at the MTV European Awards, he had a few on him, so I told him what a big fan you were and he gave me one.” AJ said as she opened up the booklet.

 

“To Nadia, hope you like it, love Nick.” She read as he eyes scanned over the hand written note on the booklet.  “Oooh my gawd!!” She squealed as she stood up.  “I gotta call Kandis she’s never gonna believe this!” and with that Nadia took off like bat outta hell up to her room.

 

“Hmmm” AJ said with a small frown.

 

“What?” Chelsea asked still laughing at her daughter.

 

“Is that what I put other girl’s parents through?” He asked.

 

“Most likely” Chelsea said laughing and nodding.  “But you are now by far the best dad in the world.”

 

“Yeah” He replied with a smile.  “Wait till she see’s what I have planned for tomorrow.”

 

“Yes what do you have planned for tomorrow?” Chelsea asked.

 

“It’s a surprise” AJ replied lifting his head up a little in an ‘I’m not telling’ motion.

 

Chelsea slowly crawled from the couch and sat down on his lap as he sat cross legged on the floor; she leaned in and gently kissed him on the lips.  It had been to long since they last kissed, with him being away and Chelsea needing to be here so Nadia could go to school.  His hand slipped up her back as their tongues lovingly flicked back and forth at each other.

 

“Now will you tell me?” Chelsea whispered.

 

“Nope” AJ whispered back.

 

Chelsea pulled back and frowned.  “You suck” She said as she lightly smacked him on the shoulder.

 

“No” AJ replied shaking his head.  “I believe that’s your job.”

 

“Alex!” Chelsea gasped as she slapped him harder on the same spot and he started laughing.  Then the two were startled by pounding on the floor, nothing serious just the sound of an excited fifteen year old jumping up and down in her room.  Then they heard the bedroom door open, footsteps speeding down the hall and the stairs and then Nadia flying into the living room.

 

“Can Kandis come over, maybe stay for supper?” She asked.

 

“Up to you.” Chelsea said looking at AJ.

 

“Yeah it’s cool.” AJ nodded with a light smile.

 

“Yay!” Nadia squealed as she put the cordless phone to her ear. “Okay they said you can, we can listen to it…” Her voice trailed of as she went upstairs and it got the couple laughing again.

 

AJ looked at Chelsea she was smiling as she stared at the stairs but he could tell in her eyes there was some worry there.  “What are you thinking about?”

 

“Huh?” She replied looking at him a little confused.

 

“Just seems like there’s something on your mind.” He told her.

 

Chelsea shrugged.  “I dunno, sometimes I worry.”

 

“About?” He asked as she looked at him.

 

“Maybe she’s adjusted to quickly, that there’s still some resentment in her, somewhere.” Chelsea replied. 

 

“Is that why you’ve been doing the lets get to know each other smothering?” AJ said.

 

“Smothering?” Chelsea replied.

 

“From what Nadia has told me, yeah just a little.” AJ said as Chelsea frowned.  “I know you love her, I know you feel like there’s a lot you have to make up for, I mean I do to hence the cd.” He said with a light laugh and Chelsea smiled.

 

“When we found her I was in the Coma and then I left with her.” She told him.  “I wasn’t there for a whole month, I didn’t have that time with her, and you did.”

 

“But you can’t push it.” AJ replied as he took her hands.

 

Chelsea sighed.  “I know it’s just that with the baby everything’s been a whirl wind and I don’t want her to feel left out or anything.”

 

“And that’s great so now just ease up and let her take it in, she’ll come around.” AJ told her as lightly kissed the back of her hand.

 

“How’d you get so smart?” Chelsea said as he hugged her.

 

“I have my moments just remember for every smart thing I say or do, I do three dumbass ones; in no particular order.” He sighed and it made her laugh.