- Text Size +

My Breathless Mistress VI

Chapter Two

                AJ sat at a stop light waiting for it to turn green.  He looked over beside him and lightly smiled when he saw Chelsea sitting in the passenger seat, her jacket on her lap as she looked out the side window.  They were on their way to the Ultra Sound and AJ was a mess of nerves plus the stomach flopping wasn’t helping.  The man behind him honked and AJ looked at the light and realized it was green; he stepped on the gas and went through the intersection. 

 

“Where did you go?” Chelsea said with a light laugh.

 

“I was just looking.” AJ replied as he looked out the front window.

 

“At what?” Chelsea asked.

 

“You” He replied and he was shocked she even asked.  She laughed and shook her head.  “What?” He replied at her laughter.  “I can’t admire my beautiful wife?”

 

“So what time are we doing this surprise for Nadia that I know nothing about?” She asked.

 

“Well after the Ultra Sound I was thinking we’d go for lunch and then pick Nadia up from school, from there we’ll do the surprise and then go out for dinner or something.” AJ replied as he pulled into the doctor’s office.

 

“You’re still not going to tell me what it is are you?” Chelsea asked as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

 

“Nope” AJ replied

 

He got out of the car and met her at the walkway to the front door.  Reaching for her hand he waited for her to take his as they walked up to the office and he couldn’t help but smile at her; he was so excited.  They entered the building and made their way to the elevators.  AJ pushed the button and looked up at the numbers as the light blinked behind the number three.

 

“Are you excited?” He asked as they waited for the elevators came down.

 

“Getting nervous.” She replied.  “Hope everything is ok”

 

“I’m sure everything will be fine.” AJ said as he slid his hand across her back.

 

With a loud ding the elevator announced that it had reached their floor and as they door opened the couple walked into it.  They were the only ones around so there was no need to wait for anyone so AJ pushed the ‘Door Close’ button.  When the elevator started to pull them up he leaned over and gently pressed his lips to the side of her neck, giving her a gentle kiss.

 

As he pulled away she looked at him.  “Love you” He whispered.

 

“I love you too Alex” She replied and they both leaned in for a quick gentle kiss.

 

They walked into the office and told the receptionist that they were there; they then took a seat in the waiting room as they waited to be called.  He looked over at Chelsea when she picked up a magazine and started skimming through it.  His head then turned to the clock on the wall to see what time it was.  They still had fifteen minutes until their appointment.  He felt like a kid waiting to open up the presents on Christmas morning.   Seeing the packages under the tree and trying to guess what was in each one.  Would it be a boy or a girl, of course he always answered “I don’t care as long as it’s healthy” but deep down he wanted a boy.  Until he changed his mind and wanted a girl, now he just doesn’t know, he really would be happy with both.  Both…what if it was both.  His eyes darted to Chelsea’s stomach, was she big enough to be carrying twins? He had both been through Leigh-Anne carrying Baylee and Leigh carrying James but he never really paid attention that entirely well.  Now he wondered.

 

“What if it’s twins?” He whispered to her and she looked up from the magazine.

 

“It’s not twins.” Chelsea replied with a light shake of her head.

 

“How do you know?” He asked.

 

“I think I would know if there was two.” Chelsea replied.

 

“Well, you never know.” He said as he looked back at the clock.

 

“Then it’s a good thing we bought the new house with four bedrooms instead of three.” She said as he looked back at her and then he smiled.

 

“Mrs. Mclean?” A tall woman said and they both looked at her as she stood beside the nurse’s station.

 

“Here we go.” Chelsea said as she stood up with a sigh.  AJ stood up and took her hand after she had put down the magazine.  They followed the nurse together and walked down the hallway.  They past door and after door each one numbered than at the end of the hall they saw the door that read “Ultra Sound Room One”. The woman opened it and nodded for them to go in.

 

“Change into this, you can leave your pants on and have a seat on the table when you’re done.” She told Chelsea with a smile.  “You can change behind that curtain.” The nurse said before closing the door.

 

“Or right here I don’t mind.” AJ spoke up with a sly smile.  Chelsea raised her eyebrows at him as she walked around the curtain and he giggled to himself.

 

Within a minute she was changed into the hospital gown and sitting on top of the table. AJ sat beside her on the stool and they waited for the Doctor to enter.  His eyes darted across the room as he looked at all the posters and papers that talked about babies, ultra sounds, and everything else that had to do with Pregnancy.  When he heard the door knob turned he looked over to the door and saw Chelsea’s Doctor walk into the room.

 

“Chelsea, Alex how are we today?” She asked as she took a seat on the other side of Chelsea and the table.

 

“Good” Chelsea nodded. 

 

“How have you been sleeping?” She asked.

 

“When I can get to sleep great.” Chelsea replied with a smile and the Doctor smiled back.

 

“And how have the balance issues been?” She asked as she looked at her clip board.

 

“Not so bad the last couple of days.” Chelsea told her as AJ listened intently; he hadn’t been to many Doctors appointments because of touring so we wanted to make sure he listened to everything they talked about.

 

“Ok well why you don’t lay back and lift the gown up over your belly.” The Doctor said

 

As Chelsea did what the Doctor told her to do AJ watched as the woman grabbed a plastic bottle from the try hanging beside the TV to the Ultra Sound machine.  She shook it a couple of times up side down.

 

“This might be a little cold.” She said to Chelsea before she squirted some gel onto Chelsea’s baby bump.  Then she grabbed the rod, pressing onto Chelsea’s belly and spreading the gel around.  Both AJ and Chelsea watched the TV monitor intently as it came in and out of focus.  Then soon there was a dark blob on the TV and white patches everywhere. They waited patiently as the woman would move the rod around and then stop, press some buttons and then move somewhere else.  AJ couldn’t make out anything he was seeing, he thinks he knows where the head is, and he thinks he saw a nose, maybe a foot too.

 

“Okay” The Doctor said as she stopped what she was doing and looked at Chelsea and AJ.  “I was just taking pictures of the skull, spine, and getting a look at the development.” She told them as AJ looked from her to the screen.  

 

“How is the development?” Chelsea asked.

 

“Going good, you are right on target with your eighteen week.” The Doctor smiled and Chelsea smiled at AJ.

 

“Would you like to see and hear the heart?”  She asked.

 

“Yes” Chelsea nodded as AJ agreed with her. 

 

The woman reached over and flicked a switch, she then moved the wand over to a place she was before and slowly slid it around the spot.  Then AJ heard it, it was a deep whopping sound, and it was quicker than a regular heart beat.  His heart began to beat fast, almost in a rhythm to the one echoing through out the room.  He looked down at their hands when he felt Chelsea’s hand go tight around his and then he looked up at her.  She was staring at the screen; he took a quick glance and saw the movement on the TV completely in sync with the heartbeat coming from the speakers.  His eyes darted back to his wife and she was now fighting back tears, her eyes still locked on the monitor screen.

 

“Do you want to know the sex?” She asked and Chelsea nodded. “It’s in a good position so we should be able to tell.” The woman moved the wand down a little ways sliding it around her side.  “And I do believe…” She said as she studied the picture.  “Yes, it’s a Boy.” She said with a smile.

 

“Sweeeeeeeeeet!!!” AJ’s mind screamed as he looked at Chelsea and smiled brightly, it made her laugh through her tears.

 

“Now if you would like we can do another ultra sound at around seven months, it’s not mandatory but most parents go with it because they just like to see an update on their baby.” The woman told them.  “But if you are choosing to go to a private Ultra Sound Office that seem to be so popular these days, then you won’t need to do one here.”

 

“Okay” Chelsea nodded.  “We’ll talk about it.” She said looking at AJ and he nodded back.  He was still not able to say anything without screaming it because he was so ecstatic right now.

 

“Okay, well then I will let you get dressed and you can be on your way, make sure you book your next months visit and just call my receptionist when you decide about the Ultra Sound.” The Doctor told them with a bright smile before she got up and left.

 

“Are you ok?” Chelsea asked as she sat up pulling the gown down with a light smile.

 

“Yeah” AJ replied smiling.   “I’m just; first the heart beat than to hear he’s a boy, I’m just.”

 

“Yeah” Chelsea replied with an understanding smile.

 

“Can’t wait to tell Nadia.” He said as she got up. “How do you feel?” He asked while watching her walk behind the curtain and started to change.

 

“I’m still soaking in the heart beat; I don’t think it’s hit me about the boy thing yet.” She replied with a light laugh as he stood up from the stool. “Ready?” She said as she walked out from behind the curtain and met him in the middle of the room.  But AJ didn’t say anything wrapping his arm around her waist and pressing his lips against hers.  His free hand reached up and cupped the side of her neck, as her mouth opened and let his tongue slip in.  At that moment he didn’t care they were standing in the middle of an Ultra Sound room and a nurse or assistant could walk in at any minute.  The only thing he cared about was him and Chelsea and the kiss they were sharing right now.  Everything that had happened before she came back may have put him through hell but it made him stronger, it made him who he was this very minute.  His past made him ready for this, for her, for him.

 

“God I love you Chelsea” He whispered as their foreheads rested against each others.

 

Chelsea pulled him into a hug.  “I love you too”

 

AJ stood there with her in the middle of the room, his arms wrapped around her as tight as he could without squishing her.  He let the tears of joy and contempt fall down his cheeks as he took this moment in his life in. 

 

“Alex?” Chelsea said and he pulled them apart as he looked at her.  “This is nice but…” She paused and he looked at her a little confused.  “I’m hungry.”

 

He smiled and then laughed putting his arm around her back.  “Alright let’s go.”