- Text Size +

My Breathless Mistress VI

Chapter Twenty-Four

February, 19th, 2010

               

                Well it’s another day and another entry.  Nadia is still mad at me for making her stay with me and besides the other things I’ve written about like the fights, the attitude, the not telling me where she’s going, and now I get a call from the school she got busted for skipping class today. Everyone’s telling me I’m doing the right thing and to give her time, she’ll understand and come around but she feels like I’m abandoning Chelsea.  I guess I can’t blame her for thinking that way too.  It’s been a week since she left the Hospital and went to Kevin’s.  Haven’t talked to her either, only to Kevin and Kris as they updated me on her last two Doctors appointments, giving her the space she needs, the time she needs to get her head straight.  I need to take Nadia to Kevin’s for Brian’s Birthday shindig.  Don’t think I’ll be staying but I’ll at least pop in and say Happy Birthday day to the Prick. Fuck I’d never hear the end of it.

               

                AJ got out of the car as Nadia closed the door to her side.  She walked around the front and didn’t bother to wait for him as she walked up the path the Kevin’s door.  With a knock she turned the knob and walked into the house.  He shut the door to his car and followed her inside.

 

“Where’s Mom?” He heard Nadia ask from the kitchen.

 

“In the Guest house hun, just be careful she might be sleeping.” Kristin told her and then a moment later he heard the back door open.  He sighed as he closed the front one and walked into the kitchen.

 

“Hi” Kristin said with a smile.

 

“Hey” He said as he sat down at the breakfast nook.

 

“You look like shit” Kristin said and he looked up at her.  A small smile cracked from his lips, he loved her spunkiness.

 

“Feel like it and no it’s not booze its lack of sleep.” He said quickly.

 

“Alex, I’m a professional dancer and an actress, I know the difference between tired and hung over, and you still look like shit.” She said as she put her glass down.

 

“Where’s your husband?” he said with a light laugh.

 

“Backyard, cleaning up the barbeque.”  He stood up and Kristin followed him out back.

 

“Hey man” Kevin nodded as he saw AJ walk outside.

 

“Hey” AJ said as he sat down and looked around.  Brian was over at the patio table talking to LeighAnne and his eyes drifted around the yard to the guest house.  He sighed.  When he saw movement he looked to his right and saw Brian heading his way.

 

“Awesome” He sighed to himself as he wondered what he had to say.

 

“Happy Birthday Prick.”

 

“Thanks Asshole.” Brian replied with a smile.  “Are you staying?” He asked.

 

“Dunno” AJ replied with a shrug.

 

“She doesn’t talk much” Kevin said as he sat down beside him.  “She keeps the place clean, she eats, sometimes she’ll walk around back here but other than that we don’t really see her until she goes to Cedar.”

 

“Is Nadia in there?” AJ asked nodding.

 

“Yeah” Kevin nodded.  “She knocked and went in.”

 

“And her Doctors are saying this is normal?” He asked remembering what Kevin told him last time.

 

“Yeah, they said she needs time to adjust to the pills and she starts dealing with everything with a clearer mind.” He told him.

 

“Do you think its ok for Nadia to just go walking in?” He asked.

 

“I think so” Kevin nodded.  “I think it would be ok for you to go in and say hi too.”

 

AJ sat there as he lightly bit his bottom lip.  He wasn’t sure if he was ready to see her, what would he say or do.   The last week was filled with fights with Nadia, phones calls tracking her down, and more fights with her.  He really didn’t have time to think what was next for him and Chelsea. 

 

Just then Nadia came out of the small house and walked over to him.  “She wants to see you.” She said as he looked up at her.

 

“Okay” He said as he stood up.

 

Making his way over to the house, he looked through the front door window and saw her sitting in the sofa chair as she picked at the blanket across her legs.  Grabbing the knob he pushed on the door and walked into the house.  When he closed the door and turned around she was looking at him. 

 

“Nadia said you wanted to see me?” He asked as he stood by the door.

 

“Are you staying for the party?” She asked.

 

“I don’t know, maybe” He said with a shrug.

 

“How has Nadia been?” She asked.

 

“A handful” AJ replied with a sigh.  “She’s pissed at me for what I did but I figured she would be. She’s not coming home when she’s suppose too, she’s taking off without telling me…” Chelsea went to say something but he spoke too soon, know what she would say.  “She’s just going to Kandis’s.”  He noticed she relaxed when he said that.  “And the school called today she skipped Math.”

 

There was a long silence and during that silence AJ caught himself staring at her.  She looked a little better, more colour to her face, a little life in her eyes, it looked like she had been at least getting sleep.  “So how are you feeling?” He asked after a moment.

 

She took a deep breath.  “I’m doing better I guess.”

 

“Are the pills working?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, they seem to be.” She replied quietly.

 

His eyes jotted down to her arms, they were a little hard to see bunched around the blanket that laid across her.  “How are your arms?” He asked.

 

She paused and he watched as he eyes drifted down.  “They’re fine.” She replied.

 

“Good” AJ replied with a light nod.  “So…everything’s going good then?”

 

“Yeah” She said with a nod.  He thought about what to say next, wondering if he should go now and just leave this conversation where it’s at.  “I’ll talk to Nadia if you want.”

 

“About?” AJ replied a little confused.

 

“Taking off and skipping school.” Chelsea said as she looked at him. 

 

“It’s fine, she’s just pissed at me and I can’t really blame her.” AJ said with a light sigh.  “Anyways I should get back before Brian spends the next two years whining how I spent his entire Birthday party in here.”A small smile broke from the corner of her mouth. “Are you going to coming out at all?” He asked.

 

“I don’t know, still not handling being around people to well yet, and I hear there are a few people coming so…” She paused.  “I think I’m just gonna lay low have a nap.”

 

“Oh okay” He said with a light nod trying to hide the disappointment.  “Well I’m gonna go.”

 

Chelsea lightly nodded.  “Sure”

 

AJ turned to the door and opened it, he wondered should he say bye? Should he say more? This was their first conversation without fighting in weeks and he didn’t wanna jinx that so he opened the door and walked outside.  He didn’t look at anyone but he felt all eyes were one him.

 

“So” Nadia said as he sat back down in the chair he was in before.

 

“Huh?” AJ replied a little confused.

 

“Is she coming home with us?” She asked.

 

AJ looked at her; he knew this wasn’t going to end well.  “No Nadia.”

 

“Why?” She asked with a whine.  “She’s looking better, she’s taking her pills.”

 

“It’s only been a week and…”

 

“So?” Nadia replied in a much louder voice.

 

“So she’s still not ready, she can’t even come out here, she needs to be alone…”

 

“You’re an idiot.” She sighed as she got up.

 

“Hey!” AJ snapped as he grabbed her arm and spun her around, Nadia and everyone around him looked at him in shock.  “I have been more than lenient with you Nadia but that right there was the last straw.” AJ yelled. “Get in the car we’re leaving.”

 

“What?” Nadia replied with anger.

 

“You heard me” AJ replied in a stern tone.  “I get that your pissed, I would be too, but you’re Mom is still very sick and this isn’t something that can get better in a week.”

 

“Well maybe if the person, who’s supposed to be there for her, was actually there for her…”

 

“Nadia” Chelsea yelled from her door and everyone turned and looked.  “Come here” She said as she nodded to inside the house.  Nadia looked back at AJ he said nothing; he was still pretty pissed at her.  His Daughter turned and headed towards her Mother and walked in.  He looked at Chelsea and caught the quick glance she gave to him before she closed the door behind them.

 

With a grunt AJ sat down and waited.  There wasn’t anything he could do now, he couldn’t leave he had to wait for Nadia but he didn’t want to stay any longer.  When he looked up everyone was going back to what they were doing before.  Kevin was checking on the barbeque, Brian was talking to Leigh-Anne.

 

“Alright bitches let the party start I’m here!” Nick shouted as he walked out the back door.

 

“Kris you still have the bear mace I got you?” Kevin shouted.

 

“Fuck off Richardson.” Nick scoffed with a light smile.

 

“What’s up man.” Kevin said as the two hugged.

 

“AJ you made it.” Nick said looking at him a little surprised.

 

“Yeah” AJ replied with a nod. 

 

“I should have just dropped her off at the door.” He sighed to himself.

 

AJ sat there patiently and waited. When he looked down at his watch he noticed a half hour had past since she had gone in there and he wondered if he should go get her.  Just as he was about to stand up though, Nadia opened the door to the guest house.  She walked right over to him and he took a deep breath.

 

“I’m sorry” She said.  “I shouldn’t have called you that.”

 

“Thank you” AJ replied acknowledging the apology.

 

“Mom wants to talk to you again.” She said as she sat down.

 

AJ got up and walked over to the house, the door was still slightly opened and he walked into the house.  She wasn’t sitting on the chair anymore she was sitting on the couch, with the blanket still across her.  When the door closed she looked up at him.

 

“Did she apologize?” She asked.

 

“Yeah” He replied with a light nod.

 

“Good” Chelsea said as she looked back down at the blanket. 

 

“She said you wanted to talk to me?” AJ said as he stood in the hallway again.

 

“I know she’s in trouble for skipping school and now what she said outside.” Chelsea said as AJ listened.  “But…” She paused.  “Could she spend the weekend here, she can stay in one of the rooms in the house, if you don’t feel she’s safe with me…I just.”

 

“Chels” AJ sighed as he walked over to the couch and sat down beside. “I know she’s safe around you, I didn’t do this because I thought you would hurt her.” AJ told her as she looked at him.  “You needed help and you weren’t listening to me, you weren’t listening to anyone, this wasn’t like Mexico, you were spiraling out of control.” Chelsea didn’t say anything and he looked away as he thought about her question.  “She can spend the weekend here.” AJ spoke up. “Only if you feel up to it and if it’s too much just call me and I’ll come get her ok?”

 

“Okay” Chelsea replied with a nod.  “Thank you”

 

“You don’t need to thank me Chelsea, you’re her Mom.”  He said as he stood up.  “I’m going to go let her know, I’ll run by the house pick her up some clothes, and then I’ll drop them off.”

 

“Okay” She replied with a nod.

 

He walked over to the door and turned around.  She was still sitting on the couch.  Now she was staring and picking at her blanket.  He sighed to himself, he wanted to hold her, and kiss her but he had seen her get better before and then totally lose it again.  He turned around and reached for the door but as he went to open it Chelsea spoke up.

 

“Alex?” He heard her say and he turned around.  “Are you doing ok?” she asked and he looked at her for a minute.

 

“I’m okay.” He told her with a light comforting smile.

 

“It’s just I over heard Kris and Kev talking and Kevin said you told him you almost went out drinking the night I went into the hospital.”

 

“Ah” AJ replied with a light nod and the he walked over to her.  “Yeah I was going too…”

 

“Going too?” She replied.

 

He looked at her.  “You got to the box before I did.” She looked at him confused and then in her eyes he saw her realize what he was talking about.  “I don’t know if I would have drank the bottle if it was there.” He told her.  “Probably would have.”

 

“I’m sorry” She said with a frown.  “I mean that I’m putting you through this not that I’m sorry the bottle wasn’t there.”

 

AJ lightly smiled and even laughed lightly to himself.  “Don’t be sorry Chels, just get better.”  He told her and he looked at her for a moment as she looked back down to her blanket. “Well I’m gonna go and get Nadia’s things, I’ll pop in before I leave.” He told her and she nodded not looking at him. 

 

Habit told him to bend down and kiss the top of her head and he almost did but something stopped him.  He then turned around and headed to the door.  When he opened it he looked behind him, she was still sitting in the couch, doing the same thing she was doing when he walked in.  Opening the door he walked outside and over to Nadia.

 

“So are we going home now?” She mumbled.

 

“No” AJ told her.  “You’re Mom asked if you could spend the weekend.” He told her as her head shot up to him.  “I told her you could as long as she could handle it but if it got to be to much she’s supposed to call me and I’m coming to get you.”  Nadia was about to say something but AJ didn’t let her.  “I mean it Nadia, no taking off, no bullshit, you’re Mom is not a hundred percent yet.”

 

“Okay” She replied with a nod.

 

“I’m going to go get some things for you, is there anything you wanted?” AJ asked.

 

“Just my DS.” She said.  AJ nodded and then headed to the door, before he left he looked back to the guest house.  He wasn’t surprise to not see her standing there but something in him had hoped she would be.