- Text Size +

My Breathless Mistress VI

Chapter Twenty-Seven

February 20th 2010

 

                Chelsea’s home.  It’s funny; I had no intentions of her coming home yet until we talked this afternoon.  She seems clearer in thought, there’s a want there, to be with Nadia, to be with me, to just keep moving forward and I don’t want to set her back if she’s ready.  She convinced me today she was so I brought her home.  We’ll see what the next few days bring but it’s hard to fight how good it feels to have her home…

 

There was a knock at the door and he looked up.  “Yeah” He spoke in a loud tone.  The door slowly crept open and he saw Chelsea poke her head in.  “Hi”

 

“Hi” She replied back as she walked in a little.  “Are you busy?”

 

“Nope just checking Emails and stuff.” He said as he closed the book.  “What’s up?”

 

“Nadia fell asleep on the couch can you bring her up while I grab my bag?” She asked.

 

“Sure” He replied with a light smile.  He stood up from his desk as she walked out of the room.  Walking across the living room he walked over to the couch and picked up his sleeping daughter.  Making his way slowing up the stairs he carried her to her room and laid her down on the bed.  He pulled her sheets over her and sighed. 

 

“Night kiddo” He whispered before he stood up and walked out of the room.

 

When he walked into their bedroom he saw Chelsea sitting on the bed, her bag beside her.  He walked over to her and sat down on the other side of her.  “You okay?” He asked.

 

“Yeah” She sighed as she looked away.  “You got a new mirror for my dresser.”

 

“And new carpet.” He said as he looked down at the floor.

 

Chelsea sighed as she looked away.  “Oh Alex I’m so sorry”

 

“I told you before don’t be sorry, just get better.” He said as he took her hand.  “We all have our moments where we go to a dark place, some are darker than others but the important thing is you get through them.”

 

“But that night, what you walked in on…”

 

“What I walked in on was horrifying and terrifying but it’s nothing compared to how I fault when I realized I couldn’t help you.” He told her and she looked at him.  “That you didn’t want my help; you just wanted to be left alone.  That’s not you Chels.”  Wrapping his arm over her shoulder he pulled her against him.

 

“I just wanted him to go away and he wouldn’t.” Chelsea said as she wrapped her arm around his stomach.  “He just kept telling me how much of a horrible mother I was, how he always knew where I was, he never lost me, like…”

 

“Like Nadia” AJ said sadly and she nodded.

 

“And he never once tried to kill me…” She whispered.

 

“Chels you didn’t…”

 

“I know that now.” She replied with a sigh.  “But then it was just too hard to ignore. I started seeing him looking back at me, laughing and I just wanted him to go away.”

 

“Well he’s gone now Chelsea.” AJ said as he lightly kissed the top of her head and held her a little tighter. “And I want you to know, just for the hell of knowing, you are not a horrible Mother, you are the best Mom I know.”

 

Slowly she pulled away as she wiped her eyes; he lightly smiled at her as he brushed the hair from her face.  “I missed you.” She replied as she closed her eyes to his touch.

 

“I missed you too Chelsea.” He replied with a light sigh.  “And I’m sorry if I made you think I just walked out or abandoned you…”

 

“No” Chelsea replied as she sat up and looked at him.  “I really do understand why.”

 

His fingers brushed through her hair.  His eyes followed as they drifted down to her neck and then his eyes strayed to hers.  He flashed a quick smile before he leaned in and kissed her.  When he pulled away he noticed how she was sitting.  She had pulled her arm with the other one sitting against her stomach.  He looked down at her arms and reached for her hands as he pulled them towards him.

 

“And I don’t ever want you to be afraid of me seeing your arms.” He told her as he gently squeezed her hands.  She didn’t say anything and she didn’t really look at him as she lightly nodded.  “Did you wanna crash now?” He asked.

 

“Yeah” She nodded.  AJ softly smiled at her as she got up and walked over to her bag and pulled out her pajamas.  As she got dressed he pulled down the blankets and walked over to his side of the bed.  He got undressed and climbed in just as she was coming over to get herself.  Letting her lie next too him, his arm tucked under her neck, her head nestled against his neck, and her arm draped over his side.  He could feel the warmth of her breath on his neck. 

 

They both lied there silently as they both enjoyed being back in each others arms.  At a moment through out this ordeal, at one time or another they both thought this moment would never happen again but as they both started to drift to sleep, they each pulled the other closer knowing this was the beginning of their climb back out the dark hole.  The damage was determined they knew what they needed to do to fix it, so now it was time to get to work, so they both could have a home again. 

 

The next few days were quite but they were good days.  Then one day about a couple of weeks after Chelsea came home AJ noticed something in her clicked.  He wasn’t sure what it was but she seemed more aware? Alive? She talked, she laughed she took Nadia to school and picked her up.  He had even had talks with her about how she would be if he started his solo back up again.  He wasn’t sure what it was that just made things click for her and sometimes he wondered if he should ask or just enjoy the fact she had found herself again.  Until one day when there was a knock at the door.

 

“Hi” AJ said as he looked up at Kevin’s oldest brother.  He hadn’t seen him since Logan’s funeral, it was the last time he saw his Dad too.  He still really hadn’t heard from Jerald’s mouth what happened that day.

 

“Hi Alex how are you?” Jerald asked.

 

“I’m good.” He replied.  “Ah Chels isn’t here she went shopping with Nadia…”

 

“Little shopping trip before the solo in Japan?” Jerald asked with a light smile.

 

“Yeah” AJ replied with a chuckle. 

 

“Actually I came to talk to you.” Jerald told him.

 

AJ looked at him a little confused.  “Me?”

 

“I promise no name calling, not cheap shots, I just came to talk.” Kevin’s older brother said.

 

“Okay” AJ replied as he took a step back.  As Jerald walked in