- Text Size +

My Breathless Mistress VI

Chapter Three

           

                AJ sat in his Range Rover as he watched Nadia get into the back.  She tossed her backpack onto the seat beside her and closed the door.  When she looked up she looked right at him and he smiled at his daughter.

 

                “So what is it?” She asked as she looked at both of them excitedly.

 

“Should we tell her now?” AJ asked as his eyes darted to Chelsea.

 

“Come on tell me.” Nadia sighed.

 

“I dunno we should wait till dinner.” Chelsea said with a shrug.

 

“Just tell me!” She replied with a little excitement.

 

“It’s a Boy.” Chelsea said with a smile.

 

“Yes! Sweet I knew it.” Nadia cheered.  “So how come you wanted to pick me up today anyways? Are we going to Kevin’s or something?”

 

“Nope” AJ replied as he turned around and prepared to pull out of the pick up zone.

 

“So where are we going then?” Nadia asked after a moment of silence.

 

“You’ll see.” AJ said as he looked at her in the review mirror.

 

“Mom” Nadia said looking at Chelsea.  “What’s he up to?”

 

“I have no idea, he won’t tell me.” She answered raising her hands.

 

“Yeah she even tried seducing it outta me and nothing.” AJ said proudly.

 

“Ew” Nadia replied as she sat back in the seat.

 

He drove them to a building in the recording district in Hollywood and put the car into park.  He unbuckled his seat belt and got out of the car as the two girls looked at him confused.  Closing the door to the Range Rover he walked to the front of the car and looked back, they were still sitting in the vehicle. 

 

“Let’s go or we’ll miss it.” He said with a laugh as he waved them over.  The girls got out and walked over to him.

 

“Does this have something to do with your solo?” Nadia asked.

 

“Nope” AJ said shaking his head as he grabbed the handle to the door.  He motioned for them to go into the building and they did. 

 

“Hello Mr. Mclean, it’s the door at the end of the hall.” The woman at the desk said.

 

“Thanks” AJ replied with a smile as he led the way for the two girls.

 

“Ok what’s going on?” Chelsea mumbled to him as she walked beside him down the hall.

 

“You’ll see” AJ said with an ‘I’m still not telling you’ smile.  When they got to the end of the hall he turned to them.  “Give me one second.” He then turned to the door and opened it; a band could be heard aimlessly playing their instruments.

 

“What is he up to?” Nadia asked looking at Chelsea.

 

“I have no clue hun, I really don’t.” She replied with a sympathetic smile.

 

Then the door opened and AJ poked his head out.  “Alright come in.”

 

Chelsea and Nadia looked at each other one more time and then walked into the large warehouse like room.  He watched Nadia more so than Chelsea as his daughter walked into the room and looked around at the people.  When her eyes just about popped out of her head, he knew she had seen it…or him.

 

“Nick invited me to come watch a rehearsal, figured you wanna tag along.” AJ said as Nadia stared at the singer as he talked to his drummer.

 

“Shut up” Nadia said looking at her Dad. 

 

AJ smiled.  “So Nick how is it coming?” He asked as he turned and looked at Nick.

 

“It’s going good.” Nick smiled as he walked over.  “I’m tired of the are the Jo Bro’s breaking up though.”

 

“Ha-ha get use to it and then when you guys do, do another album together, it’ll be your comeback.” AJ laughed.

 

“I can’t wait” Nick sighed jokingly.  He then looked at Nadia.

 

“This is my wife Chelsea.” AJ said and the two greeted each other.

 

 “So you must be Nadia.” Nick said as he looked at the smiling girl.

 

“Yep that’s me.” Nadia said smiling.

 

“Nice to meet you” He replied as he held out his hand and she shook it.

 

“I know…” Nadia replied.  “I-I mean yeah nice to meet you to.”

 

“Do you like the album?” He asked

 

“Yeah, yeah I do, haven’t stopped listening to it.” She replied with a small giggle.

 

“Awesome” Nick smiled and nodded.  “Well we’re gonna start so just grab a seat.” Nick said as he pointed to some leather chairs at the one end of the room.

 

AJ walked them over to the chairs and he couldn’t help but keep laughing to himself at Nadia’s excitement.  When he sat down he looked over at Chelsea and smiled at her, she leaned and brushed her lips past his ears.

 

“You’re amazing.” She whispered and then sat back.  He smiled at her and then looked back at Nadia.

 

The music had started playing and Nadia was bouncing away in her chair to it.  AJ hadn’t really heard the stuff before but it wasn’t bad.  It wasn’t something he would listen too everyday but seeing the smile and happiness on his daughters face was something he couldn’t pass up.  The rehearsal had gone of for a couple of hours, Nick had gotten Nadia up to dance during a couple of songs and then she helped him sing on the last one.  As they were getting ready to leave AJ took pictures of the two of them and then Chelsea took one of all three of them.

 

“So when I swing back this way with my concerts I hope to see you guys there.” Nick said as he hugged Nadia.

 

“I think she’d kill me if we didn’t.” AJ said as Nadia shot him a look and then he heard Chelsea snort in the background.

 

“Awesome, well I’ll see you guys then.” Nick said as he waved.

 

“See ya man and thanks again.” AJ said as he waved, Nadia waved, and Chelsea waved.

 

They walked out of the building and headed to their car and Nadia was on cloud nine.  “Did that just happened?” She asked looking at Chelsea and AJ.

 

“Yeah, I knew you’d like it.” AJ replied with a smile as he hit the button on the car remote to open the door.

 

“Like it, omg god Dad I loved it, that was the best, that was so awesome, to be able to watch him practice and stuff.” Nadia squealed and AJ thought she was going to hyperventilate.   “I have to call Kandis, she’s never gonna believe this.”

 

“Well first we’re going to go get something to eat.” AJ said as he started the car but Nadia didn’t hear him as she excitedly talked about what songs were her favorite and why.  He looked over at his wife who was watching Nadia with a bright grin through the review mirror.  She looked over at him and he flashed a smile as she gently rubbed his arm lovingly.

 

They stopped at a local restaurant and Nadia could not stop talking about her surprise but AJ and Chelsea didn’t mind as they listened to everything she had to say.  Near the end of dinner she had calmed down a little and started asking questions about the baby.  They were on their way home when the name conversation came up.

 

“So does that mean the name is decided?” Nadia asked.

 

“It’s between those two really.” Chelsea said as she looked at AJ.

 

“I can’t decide I like them both but then I remember he’ll be stuck with it for the rest of his life and I rethink everything.” AJ sighed.

 

“Well I like Hunter.” Nadia said.

 

“I like Austin” Chelsea replied and then looked at AJ.  “It’s up to you darling.” She said with a joking smile.

 

“Oh no, I’m not deciding this one.” He said putting up his hands. “I’m sure I’ll fuck up enough, I’m not fucking up his name too.”

 

“Alex” Chelsea sighed with a laugh as she rolled her eyes and Nadia laughed.

 

“Well you said the middle name will be James.” Nadia said.

 

“Yeah” Chelsea nodded.

 

“Ugh” AJ rolled his eyes.

 

“I love the name James and you won’t let me have it as a first name so middle it is.” Chelsea said looking at AJ sternly.

 

“We can’t have two James running around.” AJ sighed.

 

“Plus Dad do you really want his initials to be AJ?” Nadia said with a smile

 

“Crap” Chelsea sighed when she had realized the connection.

 

“Hmmm, this is true” AJ nodded.

 

“Hunter James” Nadia said still selling the name she wanted.

 

“It does have a ring too it.” Chelsea said thinking.

 

“Well we don’t need to decide right now.” AJ told them as he pulled into the drive way.

 

“I’m going to call Kandis.” Nadia shouted as she busted into the house after AJ unlocked it and head upstairs.

 

“Alright” AJ laughed as he closed the door and locked it.  When he turned around he saw Chelsea standing right in front of him.  He turned his head a little to the side. “What?” He asked wondering why she was standing there looking at him.

 

“You my dear are amazing.” She said as she slipped her hands behind him.

 

“Think you said that already.” AJ replied as she hugged him.

 

“I know but you have such a thick head sometimes I want to make sure you understand it.” She said with a loving smile as she pulled away.  His laugh was muffled by her lips and in a heart beat he was calm.  He opened his eyes as she pulled away.   “I missed you”

 

“I missed you too” He said and then kissed her on the forehead.  “But I’m home now, so anything you want or need, just ask.”

 

“Oh I plan too” She replied with a smile.  “Like maybe you could run me a bath?” She asked as she scrunched her nose.

 

AJ smiled.  “Got it, I’m on it right now”

 

“I’m going to call Anne while you do that.” She said as he leaned in and kissed her.

 

“Tell her I said Hi” AJ said as she started walking down the hall.

 

“Okay” She replied as she headed into the kitchen.

 

He walked up the stairs and walked past Nadia’s room, he stopped when he saw her sitting on her bed.  “Hey so did Kandis freak out”

 

“She wants pics” Nadia smiled.  “Can I go over there tomorrow?”

 

“Sure” AJ nodded.  “I’ll drive ya tomorrow.”

 

“Today was awesome and the CD is awesome, thanks.” She said with a light smile.

 

“I know your Mom’s been a little anal in the spending time together with ya but she just wants to make sure you know she’s there.  We’re still getting to know each other we’ve only been a family for few months and now there’s a baby coming.”

 

“It’s gonna get hectic.” Nadia replied.

 

“Yeah so she just wants to be around you.” AJ said.  “But I know you could have been a total brat and just lash out and be angry about everything.  So this was my way of saying thank you for dealing with your Mom so well plus an I’m proud because you’re handling things well.” He said as he sat back.  “But you do know that if you need to talk about what happened or how you’re feeling about everything you can come to both of us or one of us and talk ok?”

 

“I know” Nadia replied.  “It’s just things were really hard with Helen and stuff and I dunno, I like it hear cause I don’t have to worry about stuff.”

 

“Like what?” AJ asked.

 

Nadia shrugged.  “Well you guys let me be me and you don’t yell at me for stuff, you let me go out with my friends, you let my friends come here, and you guys actually care about me.”

 

AJ frowned.  “Nadia”

 

“Like I said Helen and I just didn’t click but now I know why.” She said and then she wrapped her arms around him.  “Thanks again, you’re making a pretty kick ass Dad.” AJ pulled away and looked at her. “Fine then, you rock” She replied in response to his look.